Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Gunam
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Gunam »

Hi there!

Any chance to have a coop mode for the campaign?

I guess I would replay the entire game just because of such a mod!

All the best

Emmanuel
ESPADATXI
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ESPADATXI »

A small detail, a confirmation box should come out to avoid accidentally polse the end of turn box or at least this option would be available in the game options and each player will turn it on or off as they wish.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

I would like to have a Soviet Corps and allies corps expansions for panzer corps 2 just like we had in panzer corps 1. Thanks
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Dux Limitis »

Add mortar units.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Add side armor for the panzer III 'N' and 'M' 3d model.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

NeyLutzow wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:15 am Add side armor for the panzer III 'N' and 'M' 3d model.

I definitely want it on the IIIN, because of it's role as a Close Support vehicle.

But does the IIIM absolutely need side skirts as well? I worry it might look too similar to the Panzer IVH.

I think the IIIM side armor pattern is going to look too similar to Panzer IVH side armor patterns.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8966AC554/

The IIIN should be okay though, because the short barrel makes a huge visual difference.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 am I think the IIIM side armor pattern is going to look too similar to Panzer IVH side armor patterns.
From Wiki:
Panzer III Ausf. M - Minor modifications of the ausf. L such as deep-wading exhaust and Schürzen side-armour panels
Source

Basically version M probably had side skirts, but maybe not every model (consider Marterial scarcity at the end of the war).

Version M without Side skirts:

Version M with Side skirts:

uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Magic1111 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:45 pm
Kerensky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 am I think the IIIM side armor pattern is going to look too similar to Panzer IVH side armor patterns.
From Wiki:
Panzer III Ausf. M - Minor modifications of the ausf. L such as deep-wading exhaust and Schürzen side-armour panels
Source

Basically version M probably had side skirts, but maybe not every model (consider Marterial scarcity at the end of the war).

I also want side screens only on the T-34 )
https://novate.ru/blogs/020820/55533/
Last edited by uzbek2012 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:15 am Add side armor for the panzer III 'N' and 'M' 3d model.

I definitely want it on the IIIN, because of it's role as a Close Support vehicle.

But does the IIIM absolutely need side skirts as well? I worry it might look too similar to the Panzer IVH.

I think the IIIM side armor pattern is going to look too similar to Panzer IVH side armor patterns.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8966AC554/

The IIIN should be okay though, because the short barrel makes a huge visual difference.
I can understand your point but both( N and M ) had side skirts but in case the dev team does not agree with this it would be cool if possible to at least add side armor to the turret just like they did with the Panzer IV J. That way panzer III M would be "unique" because right now apart from stats he is the same as L, and in reality he was a "buffed" Panzer III with more armor(the side skirts) to add a little more survivability chance.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:52 pm
Magic1111 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:45 pm
From Wiki:
Source

I also want side screens only on the T-34 )
I don't want to sound like im trying to dismiss your ideia, but those t-34 with the side armor over the track was to my knowledge rare to be found. The second picture with the "anti-panzerfaust" armor in late war its just a field mod by the troops it would be nice to look at it in the Berlin scenario but it does not change the status of the unit.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

NeyLutzow wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm
I can understand your point but both( N and M ) had side skirts but in case the dev team does not agree with this it would be cool if possible to at least add side armor to the turret just like they did with the Panzer IV J. That way panzer III M would be "unique" because right now apart from stats he is the same as L, and in reality he was a "buffed" Panzer III with more armor(the side skirts) to add a little more survivability chance.
Okay, we have to be VERY specific on this request if it has any chance to make it into the game.

Panzer IIIM --------------> Extra Turret Only Side Armor (Like Panzer IVJ model)
Panzer IIIN ---------------> Extra Hull and Turret side armor (like Panzer IVH Model)

Am I understanding this correctly to be the best solution and desired request??

https://www.facebook.com/rubiconmodels/ ... 233421497/
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:03 pm
NeyLutzow wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm
Okay, we have to be VERY specific on this request if it has any chance to make it into the game.

Panzer IIIM --------------> Extra Turret Only Side Armor (Like Panzer IVJ model)
Panzer IIIN ---------------> Extra Hull and Turret side armor (like Panzer IVH Model)

Am I understanding this correctly to be the best solution and desired request??

https://www.facebook.com/rubiconmodels/ ... 233421497/
The best solution would be to have M and N with Extra Hull and Turret side armor just like in the picture from the facebook link you send it. But if its not possible to have M with the complete armor I would agree with only extra turret just like in the Panzer IV J Model. That way the player only by looking at it would know it is a model M and not L.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

NeyLutzow wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 am I would like to have a Soviet Corps and allies corps expansions for panzer corps 2 just like we had in panzer corps 1. Thanks

AGREED BUT NO RUSH...
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:25 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 am I would like to have a Soviet Corps and allies corps expansions for panzer corps 2 just like we had in panzer corps 1. Thanks

AGREED BUT NO RUSH...
Oh yes absolutely no rush, first they should finish main panzer corps and only after go for the soviet and allied content.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

So, looking at the FAQ thread about heroes in the AO and their possible spawn rate changes or some sort of other options, maybe it would be possible to not only trade them off for prestige, but also commendation points? Let's say 1 point per hero. These could then allow to access other awards even if side objectives are not met, or perhaps even get options to get some other gains for example for scenario specific CP allowing access to captured equipment or prototypes.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

On the topic of future DLCs/campaigns...
  • Finish the current historical German core campaign first before starting any other.
  • Do not mix core units in the British and US campaigns like what happened in the first British campaign in PC. US units can be auxiliaries to your British core, but shouldn't be mixed in the core. I hated that in PC1. Even the briefing voice switched from an English chap to an American. Same goes for the US campaign.
  • Separate cores for player controlled Italian and German units for African campaign, or any other idea that forces the player to use a sizable number of Italian units. Begin with only Italian core units first. If this is not feasible, then DO GIVE the player's core a mix of both units in the core, opposite of what I said above about the British and American campaigns. But do not make the Italians AI controlled!!
  • I'd love to see the historical African campaign insert an ahistorical twist to extend it. Allow some fictional narrative where wiser heads prevailed and your core was evacuated from the continent to Sicily where it would continue the war in the Italian theater of operations to its conclusion in 1945.
  • What to do then about your Italian core units after Italy makes peace? Have mechanic where you can only select a certain number of them who wish to continue fighting on the side of the Axis, while the rest get disbanded. Or, just like at the end of the Second Battle of El Alamein, the Germans sacrificed them to aid their own escape! Would also serve as a type of "core reset" for Operation Huskey.
  • Soviet campaign should not just be a separate campaign, but even separate set of DLCs! "Soviet Campaign 1939-1940" would include the battles against Japan, Poland, occupation of the Batlic States, and Finland.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

nice ideas...especially the last one about the Soviets
Snake97644
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Snake97644 »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 am On the topic of future DLCs/campaigns...

• Do not mix core units in the British and US campaigns like what happened in the first British campaign in PC. US units can be auxiliaries to your British core, but shouldn't be mixed in the core. I hated that in PC1. Even the briefing voice switched from an English chap to an American. Same goes for the US campaign.
  • Soviet campaign should not just be a separate campaign, but even separate set of DLCs! "Soviet Campaign 1939-1940" would include the battles against Japan, Poland, occupation of the Batlic States, and Finland.
Yes keeping the US and U.K. separate would be best. I did like how OOB started their Soviet trilogy in Manchuria/Mongolia, would like to see PzC 2 do likewise.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5a20c03b ... 00aed20a79
In this game, I like the script and narration ) The plot and historical value of the game alas is zero )
Ballacraine
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Captured Equipment.

Post by Ballacraine »

I like how the mechanic works, but I feel the actual use of it is limited.
It is very difficult to sustain use of captured equipment due to limited supply of replacement units.
Would it be possible to improve the mechanic by making supply of replacements viable in some form?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”