Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ApolloW
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by ApolloW »

It would be nice if we would able to choose not only a year in random scenarios and multiplayer, but also a terrain type for a random maps. For example, if I want to play Britain vs Italy game in the desert during 41-42 years, game generate only European terrain for a random scenarios, but not the desert. Same with the winter maps. So it would be nice to have an option to change the type of terrain.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

I dont know if this was disscused before but are we going to see some of panzer aces as heroes in futer AO DLCs
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

Rudankort wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:26 am Hello All!

We have created an experimental page for Panzer Corps 2 where players can post ideas of what to include in the new game, discuss them and vote for them. The more votes an idea gets, the higher its chance to be implemented in the game.

http://flashback.games/panzer-corps-2-ideas/

Let us know if you experience any problems with this page.
I haven't been able to post new ideas or comment on existing ideas. Are we still supposed to use this page for new ideas, or should we just post them in this thread?

I can vote on existing ideas, but there seems to be about a 24 hour delay before the vote count is changed.
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

If you are looking for ideas for future Commendation Rewards I stumbled across a very interesting German prototype the other day, the Heuschrecke 10.
The interesting thing about this turreted SPG is that it was designed to be able to remove it's turret, which could then be deployed as a pillbox or towed as an Artillery piece while the turretless chassis could then be used as an ammunition carrier or for other logistical purposes.
Design phase began in 1942 and it had 3 prototypes built in 1943, and was scheduled to start production in Feb 1945. However, it was canceled in Feb 1943 when it was decided that production of the Heuschrecke would disrupt needed Panzer production.
One of the prototypes survived the war, and currently resides at the Fort Sill Field Artillery Museum in Oklahoma, USA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuschrecke_10
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"Heuschrecke 10":

"I have Depth! "... "I have Range! "... i find that the"... "Heuschrecke 10. is some-what 'Strange?'... however!!!... i'd say that this was a great-idea or concept for an Army on the defensive!.

The most "Game-Implementation" probability for this multi-use-apparatus... would not likely not be in such a Game as 'PzCr-2'... but could readily be used or utilized for an 'Alternate-Historical' endeavor... where anything can happen!.

That's my take on it anyway.
cicciopastic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by cicciopastic »

hi guys i would like the heros generation system to be changed. i don't expecially like that u have an hero guaranteed every mission. I don't know exactly hot to change it: maybe trough commandation points (?) or fullfilling special mission (?) or gaining any special targets.

to be honest i preferred more pzc1 method based on experience .. would do you think?
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

cicciopastic wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:52 am hi guys i would like the heros generation system to be changed. i don't expecially like that u have an hero guaranteed every mission. I don't know exactly hot to change it: maybe trough commandation points (?) or fullfilling special mission (?) or gaining any special targets.

to be honest i preferred more pzc1 method based on experience .. would do you think?
What I did not enjoy about PzC1 hero rules was that not only you could not reassign them, the fact they were randomly rolled for each unit caused some truly useless combinations like spotting increase on artillery...

I could argue for linking the number of heroes possible to assign with the amount of experience, but this would undermine the existing traits, unless like with the various challenge modes and the option to turn heroes off, there would be an alternative system linked with experience. But honestly, we already have something like this in place - it's the medals/awards system that gives bonuses to units for kills, surviving and support fire.
NoBenNotAgain

Post by NoBenNotAgain »

Idea: more aircraft carrier classes for the United States. There was only one Ranger-class carrier (USS Ranger, naturally), but the Essex-class were the most numerous large carriers of World War II.
“We’ll start the war from right here.”
—Gen. Theodore Roosevelt Jr
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

Tassadar wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:46 am
I could argue for linking the number of heroes possible to assign with the amount of experience, but this would undermine the existing traits, unless like with the various challenge modes and the option to turn heroes off, there would be an alternative system linked with experience. But honestly, we already have something like this in place - it's the medals/awards system that gives bonuses to units for kills, surviving and support fire.
mmmmh .... i see yuor point, and yes i agree that the possibility to move heroes from one unit to another is a great feature .... than what we may suggest? maybe relate heroes to accomplish special task or reching special target?
Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rifraff »

Just a small thing but with the amount of heroes we have now would it be possible to list them alphabetically by their traits.

Find myself constantly moving and swapping heroes and it's becoming quite hard to keep track of how many of each I have..
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

Rifraff wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 pm Just a small thing but with the amount of heroes we have now would it be possible to list them alphabetically by their traits.

Find myself constantly moving and swapping heroes and it's becoming quite hard to keep track of how many of each I have..
yeah by AO41 there is too much of them to scroll trough to, some search filter would be nice aswell
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

I know that i´m pretty late with ideas, ....but this one keeps up in my mind:

I remember in Panzer Generel you had the possibility to do a strategic bombing of a city, unimportant if there is an enemy unit, with the goal to make it neutral(white Flag) or by bombing a main objectiv city(not possible making it neutral) destroying enemy prestige.
I still think this would be pretty cool, giving an importance to the Air supremacy!!

And on the otherwise,....the strategic bomber are still a little bit underrated.

I hope someone like that idea too??
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

I would use the Flashback website, but it seems to be acting up again. How about creating a new unit trait for destroyers?

Depth Charge > + 5 attack against submarines

Also, what does the City Fighter trait do? I don't see any change in combat stats when using this trait.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Make something modern like the People's General on this engine of the game )
https://www.old-games.ru/game/174.html
https://panzergeneraldownload.com/peoples-general.html
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Unit operation history chart

In PC1 and in OOB, every single scenario, where the unit was in use, was displayed at the unit operation history chart.

It would be nice, that PC2 not only shows the first but also all scenarios, where the unit was used at the operation history chart.

Unit reanimation

In OOB, destroyed units could be reanimated - that means name and parts of the experience + all information about the unit's career was retained
and was written in the units' mission history. That means, the unit was destroyed that day but was re-established on another day.
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

asuser wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:27 pm Unit operation history chart

In PC1 and in OOB, every single scenario, where the unit was in use, was displayed at the unit operation history chart.

It would be nice, that PC2 not only shows the first but also all scenarios, where the unit was used at the operation history chart.
maybe it would be nice to add scenario ribbons to unit: a unit may get a ribbon for every scenario or at last nation in which i fought
asuser wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:27 pm Unit reanimation

In OOB, destroyed units could be reanimated - that means name and parts of the experience + all information about the unit's career was retained
and was written in the units' mission history. That means, the unit was destroyed that day but was re-established on another day.
nice! +1 on this!
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

cicciopastic wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:50 am
maybe it would be nice to add scenario ribbons to unit: a unit may get a ribbon for every scenario or at last nation in which i fought
i mean something as ...
Attachments
ba_54bana1.jpg
ba_54bana1.jpg (100.32 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

or samething as
Attachments
aa_6806.jpg
aa_6806.jpg (299.9 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
JDINO
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JDINO »

how's about a Pacific game along the same lines as Panza Corps 2
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

JDINO wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:42 pm how's about a Pacific game along the same lines as Panza Corps 2
Support ) moreover, you can take this game Pacific General as a basis ;) And I hope it will be more real than the original second fabulous case....
https://www.gog.com/game/pacific_general
https://panzergeneraldownload.com/pacific-general.html
https://www.strategium.ru/forum/topic/8 ... 80/page/7/
https://alternatewars.com/Games/PacGen/ ... eneral.htm
https://www.old-games.ru/game/download/178.html
http://peachmountain.com/5star/PAG_Downloads.asp

Although there is this game Order of Battle: World War II but still it is not a good old friend )

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”