Why Panzer Corps 2 will fail

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Why Panzer Corps 2 will fail

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

Two months ago I passed the game Doom 3, the game has absolutely nothing but the atmosphere! the game is outdated morally! gameplay shooters have made a huge leap forward. Panzer General was a great game for his time, the developers tried to adjust the gameplay to the technical features of the systems of that time, now there are no such restrictions! Alexander Shargin one of the founders of the game Panzer Corps decided to take all the best of Panzer General! he did not invent something new, original, he just got the achievements Strategic Simulations, Inc.
What you can expect Panzer corps 2 in 2019. 3D graphics? this you are who now don't be surprised, the Gameplay? the gameplay was relevant for 1994! in 2019, it is obsolete, Continued? we are given the same setting of the second World War II. What will we get in the end? Capture the key city, protect the key city, lead the convoy.
Ubisoft which owns the rights of Panzer General having a talented Studio in Milan and Paris for a long time could present the world Panzer General Remake but they are well aware that the gameplay is outdated!Ubisoft made a great turn-based strategy "Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle" two million copies sold, excluding digital versions. There are many small studios that make masterpieces without copying the old games they come up with new original ideas.
I find it difficult to write in English like this big text sorry, I would've brought more examples and thesis why Panzer corps 2 will be a failure.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Why Panzer Corps 2 will fail

It would be better to call the game Panzer Corps Remake! raise graphics, leave recognizable places, bring new things to the game, add units, declare the game on all relevant platforms, I think then there were fewer questions to the developers.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

The "Mad Max" was a great hit of the 80s, a few years ago a remake of this movie was created, which is brilliant and will enter to the history of cinema
Similarly with the series about the adventures of the agent 007, Daniel Craig is considered the best Bond in history and films with him the best of the series
In the computer games market, such titles as GTA, Sims, Civilization, Settlers, Half Life, Resident Evil, Jagged Alliance etc. come to my mind.
I believe that there is no rule when it comes to the multimedia market and I wouldn't prejudge PzC 2
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 pm The "Mad Max" was a great hit of the 80s, a few years ago a remake of this movie was created, which is brilliant and will enter to the history of cinema
Similarly with the series about the adventures of the agent 007, Daniel Craig is considered the best Bond in history and films with him the best of the series
In the computer games market, such titles as GTA, Sims, Civilization, Settlers, Half Life, Resident Evil, Jagged Alliance etc. come to my mind.
I believe that there is no rule when it comes to the multimedia market and I wouldn't prejudge PzC 2
Cinema is an incorrect example. Resident EvIl 2 Remake see how the gameplay is fundamentally different from the original game! You can say that this is a new game!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

But we haven't seen PzC 2 "in action" yet, why do you assume gameplay will not change?
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 pm The "Mad Max" was a great hit of the 80s, a few years ago a remake of this movie was created, which is brilliant and will enter to the history of cinema
You say Resident EvIl! Resident Evil 1996 year and Resident Evil 6 2012 year are completely different games! in 6 parts there is nothing left of the original! same GTA and GTA 5 different games! different gameplay!
Please tell me how cardinally you can change the gameplay of Panzer Corps 2???
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I don't know, but you don't know either
What we see here are just a few screenshots and a lot of expectations from the players
Nothing more than that
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 pm I don't know, but you don't know either
What we see here are just a few screenshots and a lot of expectations from the players
Nothing more than that
I know! it is not possible to change it! it is necessary to create a completely new game, a new concept, Panzer General, as well as the Resident Evil, the world saw such because of the technical limitations of the gaming platforms of the time. Panzer General and Panzer Corps are identical in gameplay the difference between the games of 17 years!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Good example for game's development without new gameplay - Heroes of Might & Magic series
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:51 pm Good example for game's development without new gameplay - Heroes of Might & Magic series
A good example! Sorry about the unfamiliar series of games! I know that after part 3, the series rolls lower and lower, after part 3 there was no decent continuation. You can protect Panzer Corps 2 as long as you want! only it will not help him.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:42 pm
kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:51 pm Good example for game's development without new gameplay - Heroes of Might & Magic series
A good example! Sorry about the unfamiliar series of games! I know that after part 3, the series rolls lower and lower, after part 3 there was no decent continuation. You can protect Panzer Corps 2 as long as you want! only it will not help him.
IV and V part was really good
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:32 pm
ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:42 pm
IV and V part was really good
Sorry, 4 is the worst part of the series and this is the opinion of millions of players.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

IVth part was pretty good but IIIrd was a game surrounded by players' cult, so IVth had no chance of success (studio 3DO went bankrupt and the series took over Ubisoft, which created a good product but wasn't able to win with the legend and convince fans of the series, which just didn't require any revolutionary changes in the gameplay :wink: )
Do not compare Heroes III with Panzer Corps, which is a very successful game but it certainly has no megahit status
Panzer Corps 2 doesn't have to be a failure at all, besides it is a game for a specific customer who is definitely conservative, the problem is different: will it be possible to convince new (young) customers to buy it? However, I'm convinced that the old players will pull out their credit cards and make Slitherine a good sale :wink:
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Let's be positive and give it/them a chance guys! :roll:
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can't see how some can comment with a game that's not even out, so yes agree, need to at least wait until released then comment either way, so agreed, needs to be given a chance first
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 am IVth part was pretty good but IIIrd was a game surrounded by players' cult, so IVth had no chance of success (studio 3DO went bankrupt and the series took over Ubisoft, which created a good product but wasn't able to win with the legend and convince fans of the series, which just didn't require any revolutionary changes in the gameplay :wink: )
Do not compare Heroes III with Panzer Corps, which is a very successful game but it certainly has no megahit status
Panzer Corps 2 doesn't have to be a failure at all, besides it is a game for a specific customer who is definitely conservative, the problem is different: will it be possible to convince new (young) customers to buy it? However, I'm convinced that the old players will pull out their credit cards and make Slitherine a good sale :wink:
Sorry, but I didn’t compare Heroes III with Panzer Corps you gave the series as an example! Please tell me how many copies of Panzer Corps were sold all over the world?
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

kondi754 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 am IVth part was pretty good but IIIrd was a game surrounded by players' cult, so IVth had no chance of success (studio 3DO went bankrupt and the series took over Ubisoft, which created a good product but wasn't able to win with the legend and convince fans of the series, which just didn't require any revolutionary changes in the gameplay :wink: )
However, I'm convinced that the old players will pull out their credit cards and make Slitherine a good sale: Will buy three copies of the game in one hand? :wink:
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

zakblood wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:06 am can't see how some can comment with a game that's not even out, so yes agree, need to at least wait until released then comment either way, so agreed, needs to be given a chance first
You did not understand the main thesis! the games of those years were such as we know them due to technical limitations; now there are no such limitations! Gameplay Panzer Corps 2 will need to be fully restarted and rethought.
Did you read the developer diaries? everything is very clear there!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes i read them, some just don't seem to understand them, or enjoy and are waiting for it as much as others, that's all, it's life, and the world will spin on it's axis either way.

i don't share your view, but also don't mind it, as it's your opinion
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

zakblood wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 pm
i don't share your view, but also don't mind it, as it's your opinion
Ok :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”