Improvement ideas: Game complexity, transparency, difficulty

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Improvement ideas: Game complexity, transparency, difficulty

Post by Retributarr »

Interesting...
I agree... to a degree with your dissertation.

With updated/upgraded weapons in the pipeline... yes!!!...a player should have some inkling of what might be coming up next as to availability and such!. This advanced knowledge should only be for the near... or for the near for-seeable future. Even with this advanced heads-up, ...not all the "in-the-works" weapons developments came to fruition... there were cancellations/failed projects!.

So... a player can see what might be possibly available in say... 6 to 9 or in some cases... even up to 12 month's time, however... there should also be... 'No-Guarantee'... that what the Player sees... is what he can eventually get.

The first-run of new equipment off of the assembly-line... many times had 'teething-problems' with their effectiveness and or usability. It could take how long?...6 months... give or take... to rectify the festering issues to make that hardware... "battlefield effective".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as getting advanced knowledge of what the 'Russians' are developing... well... as far as what I do know from the historical accounts... the 'Germans' were constantly in a state of 'Surprise!, Surprise!, Surprise!'...as regard's as to what they would be facing next from the Russians.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So... this is something for the 'Developers' to decide... as to 'what' or 'not-what' they will do with this issue!.

It's now in their hands... .
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Much of your complaints seem to center around not knowing when various types of equipment become available. However, I would venture to say that many or most of dedicated PC players also have more than a causal interest in the history of WW2 and already know approximately when the most important types of weapons, e.g. Tiger I, hit the scene. That is probably why I have never seen a post complaining about being forewarned as to what equipment upgrades await the player in later scenarios or when. Debate has instead revolved around cost of upgrades and overstrength replacement costs and the like. One can quibble about the timing, like the Fw 190 debuted first on the Western Front before the Eastern, and should that effect the date of when you can purchase it for your core in the GC (on the Eastern Front).

But you make a good point for those who do not have that familiarity with the military history of the conflict.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:22 pm many or most of dedicated PC players also have more than a causal interest in the history of WW2 and already know approximately when the most important types of weapons, e.g. Tiger I, hit the scene. That is probably why I have never seen a post complaining about being forewarned as to what equipment upgrades await the player in later scenarios

But you make a good point for those who do not have that familiarity with the military history of the conflict.
No argument there!...but that makes the Game too-predictable/less interesting...

knowing exactly what will... and what will not be... destroys any expectation-anticipation's for what comes next or what's ahead!.

I suggest that instead...let the Player have the Option to decide what they prefer.

So...if someone instead wanted more excitement in their Game...they could then opt' to select to initiate a 'Semi-Flexible-Development-Initiative'...such that...without being too out of place in the time-line...as far as developments go...there would be some variation/time-wise... as to when the actual development would be available...either...earlier or later.

As well when this option is selected...some of these known to be failed projects...would also have an opportunity to make their 'Grande Entrance'.

What-Say-You-To-That!.

Additional Note:
What I failed to mention previously...is that...to opt for this Game-Selection ( 'Semi-Flexible-Development-Initiative'...)...would now also be in effect for all other participants in the Game, including the 'AI'.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”