Initiative and Detailed Combat Preview still in?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

prestidigitation
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Initiative and Detailed Combat Preview still in?

Post by prestidigitation » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

In PzC 1 there is a complex initiative system that drives who shoots first and therefore how much damage is done by the second firing unit. Is that in PzC2 and does it function the same?

In PzC1 there is the option of a detailed combat preview which gives exact information on combat outcomes (variance assumed) and everything affecting the combat outcome. More than any other feature of the game or manual this was what taught me how to play well. Is it still in PzC2?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Initiative and Detailed Combat Preview still in?

Post by Rudankort » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 pm

prestidigitation wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm
In PzC 1 there is a complex initiative system that drives who shoots first and therefore how much damage is done by the second firing unit. Is that in PzC2 and does it function the same?
Yes of course, initiative is one of the core aspects of the game, and it is still present in PzC2. It works pretty much the same as in PzC, but there are more rules which allow to shift initiative in your favor.
prestidigitation wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm
In PzC1 there is the option of a detailed combat preview which gives exact information on combat outcomes (variance assumed) and everything affecting the combat outcome. More than any other feature of the game or manual this was what taught me how to play well. Is it still in PzC2?
This feature is not in the current preview, but it will be in the final game. I am well aware how useful it is to learn the intricacies of game mechanics, and by now it is kinda a tradition of Panzer Corps series, so definitely needs to be included.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”