Airplane Selection/Release

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

DarkBlueInk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Airplane Selection/Release

Post by DarkBlueInk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:12 am

I tried a quick game last night and I figured out most of the basic game mechanics. However, when I selected an airplane to see where it could fly, I could not find a way to release it without just clicking on a space outside of its flying range. For infantry, tanks, etc. just clicking on another unit selected that unit. For airplanes, the game interpreted that I wanted to fly to that space.

If any of this makes sense, how do I release the airplane without moving/playing that unit? This is my first experience with any game in the Panzer Corp lineage.

Thanks for any insight!

dalfrede
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Airplane Selection/Release

Post by dalfrede » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am

DarkBlueInk wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:12 am
I tried a quick game last night and I figured out most of the basic game mechanics. However, when I selected an airplane to see where it could fly, I could not find a way to release it without just clicking on a space outside of its flying range. For infantry, tanks, etc. just clicking on another unit selected that unit. For airplanes, the game interpreted that I wanted to fly to that space.

If any of this makes sense, how do I release the airplane without moving/playing that unit? This is my first experience with any game in the Panzer Corp lineage.
Right Click
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

KeithTowers

Post by KeithTowers » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:01 am

go to the order of battle and chose another unit

Retributarr
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Retributarr » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm

dalfrede wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am
DarkBlueInk wrote:

Right Click
"dalfrede:" You are spot-on!...I have experienced exactly the same issues...regarding the "Releasing of a Selected Unit after it was initially selected.

I found a 'Fix', though it's not what I would prefer (This Issue Needs To Be Dealt With), but for the meantime it seems to work not too bad. That is... that when a Unit is Selected, and now you wish to disengage it...just go to the bottom of its Unit-Stats on the Game Screen for the Unit-Icon...then move your mouse pointer to the very bottom part of the display where 2-small colored slots are located, then 'right-click' on that very location (Those 2-Slots)...and then the Unit will disengage its Selected Status...most of the time.

MickMannock
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by MickMannock » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 pm
dalfrede wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am
DarkBlueInk wrote:

Right Click
"dalfrede:" You are spot-on!...I have experienced exactly the same issues...regarding the "Releasing of a Selected Unit after it was initially selected.

I found a 'Fix', though it's not what I would prefer (This Issue Needs To Be Dealt With), but for the meantime it seems to work not too bad. That is... that when a Unit is Selected, and now you wish to disengage it...just go to the bottom of its Unit-Stats on the Game Screen for the Unit-Icon...then move your mouse pointer to the very bottom part of the display where 2-small colored slots are located, then 'right-click' on that very location (Those 2-Slots)...and then the Unit will disengage its Selected Status...most of the time.
Seriously guys, you only need to right click on any place on the map and it deselects the unit. Working the same way as in Panzer Corps.

DarkBlueInk

Post by DarkBlueInk » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:12 am

Trust me, right click on the airplane unit was the second thing I tried (after left click on the airplane unit). It did not work for me. Seems I am not alone experiencing this. However, it was pre-release, so I'll see what happens after the official release in March.

MickMannock

Post by MickMannock » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 am

DarkBlueInk wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:12 am
Trust me, right click on the airplane unit was the second thing I tried (after left click on the airplane unit). It did not work for me. Seems I am not alone experiencing this. However, it was pre-release, so I'll see what happens after the official release in March.
No no. Don't right click on the airplane unit. Right click on the map. I mean on any empty hex.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:46 am

MickMannock wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 am
No no. Don't right click on the airplane unit. Right click on the map. I mean on any empty hex.
That's a problem in of itself though. Right click has too many functions packed into it. Deselecting a unit doesn't work if you deselect while your cursor is over a unit.

The way it should work is:

1. If a unit is selected, right click ANYWHERE to deselect.
2. If no unit is selected, right clicking on a unit brings up the extra unit details interface.

MickMannock

Post by MickMannock » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:51 am

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:46 am
MickMannock wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 am
That's a problem in of itself though. Right click has too many functions packed into it. Deselecting a unit doesn't work if you deselect while your cursor is over a unit.

The way it should work is:

1. If a unit is selected, right click ANYWHERE to deselect.
2. If no unit is selected, right clicking on a unit brings up the extra unit details interface.
Yeah, I guess it's the fact that I have been accustomed to the way it works from all previous games, that it feels completely natural to me. But are you a completely new player to the series, it might feel bonkers I suppose.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”