Change to the initiative mechanic in Panzer Corps 2?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Change to the initiative mechanic in Panzer Corps 2?

Post by Longasc » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:55 pm

In Panzer Corps and Panzer General Initiative + a random factor determined which unit shot first.

I read/watched some info about Panzer Corps 2 that Initiative gives an "attack bonus" of some kind, which sounds quite different from how initiative worked in Panzer Corps 1.

Can someone please clarify?

dalfrede
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Change to the initiative mechanic in Panzer Corps 2?

Post by dalfrede » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:16 pm

In the Beta I had an exchange with Rudankort where he described Init working as it does in PzC.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Longasc

Re: Change to the initiative mechanic in Panzer Corps 2?

Post by Longasc » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am

Thank you, dalfrede!

It seems QUITE some Youtubers and games magazines got it wrong, and apparently quite a few just copied that description of the mechanic from someone. No idea who was the first to spread this wrong info.

But because I am in a good mood I won't go Stuka dive bomber style on a rules&mechanics rant on their channels, that would see no end. Did you know that units in forests have a higher base "engagement" level? More excited for battle because of the lovely nature, I suppose! :) Nobody needs entrenchment when you can have engagement! Aaattack!

I am very excited and can't wait, will probably check already at Wednesday midnight to Thursday, but afaik Steam releases usually in the evening of the mentioned release day. I also plan to send co-workers trying to foil my Panzer Corps 2 plans with sudden and unexpected problems that require me to work longer to Siberia or the bottom of a lake.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”