Unit Heroes

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

adiekmann
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Unit Heroes

Post by adiekmann » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:39 am

I am curious to know how many heroes a player can expect to be awarded during the course of a campaign? I understand you still can assign up to three heroes per unit, but how many total can you expect to have? Is there a limit per campaign like there was with SE units in PC1.

In PG2 if I remember correctly, up to 8 units can win heroes. That was the limit. Of course in PC1 all units can get up to 3.

In addition, I'd love to know how many different type of hero abilities there are in the pool?

If anybody has any info on these questions, I'd love to hear it.

nexusno2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Unit Heroes

Post by nexusno2000 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 am

adiekmann wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:39 am
I am curious to know how many heroes a player can expect to be awarded during the course of a campaign? I understand you still can assign up to three heroes per unit, but how many total can you expect to have? Is there a limit per campaign like there was with SE units in PC1.

In PG2 if I remember correctly, up to 8 units can win heroes. That was the limit. Of course in PC1 all units can get up to 3.

In addition, I'd love to know how many different type of hero abilities there are in the pool?

In the Core campaign, you get 1 hero at the start of each scenario, except the first (but you can take a trait that lets you start with 3 good ones).

No upper limit to total heroes, but max 3 per unit.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Edmon
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Edmon » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:09 pm

nexusno2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 am
adiekmann wrote:

In the Core campaign, you get 1 hero at the start of each scenario, except the first (but you can take a trait that lets you start with 3 good ones).

No upper limit to total heroes, but max 3 per unit.
Can confirm the above is correct.

Some heros are incredibly uber as well. There is one that reduces the coreslot cost of a unit to zero, allowing you to run a mega overstrength artillery for "free" for example. They are a good opening pick.

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by dalfrede » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:36 pm

adiekmann wrote:
I am curious to know how many heroes a player can expect to be awarded during the course of a campaign?
A unit is 'awarded' medals, a player receives heroes, which he then dispenses to his units.
Heroes can move between units, under the limits mentioned above, while medals stay with a unit.

A medal example: 'kill 100 tank points' medal gives '+1 attack' bonus against tanks.
I don't know it there is a limit to medals a unit can have have, but they are independent of heroes.

Medals are similar to PzC heroes, and Heroes are similar to PG heroes.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”