Camo list

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Camo list

Post by Patrick Ward »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:54 pm Can I suggest introducing a specific 3d model for Italian CTVs? If a specific model was not possible, a specific camo with black jacket and gray / green pants would be sufficient in my opinion.
Thanks for your attention and good work!
CTV's were originally on the list for the Spainish DLC but were dropped for budgetry reasons. I can't see them being introduced now.
I'll see if I can add some specific camo though I've not found many examples of black shirts and green trousers in a combat situation. Seems more like a parade ground jacket and steps into a shady political area. However it will make them stand out a bit more than regular green.

Pat.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:57 pm
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:54 pm Can I suggest introducing a specific 3d model for Italian CTVs? If a specific model was not possible, a specific camo with black jacket and gray / green pants would be sufficient in my opinion.
Thanks for your attention and good work!
CTV's were originally on the list for the Spainish DLC but were dropped for budgetry reasons. I can't see them being introduced now.
I'll see if I can add some specific camo though I've not found many examples of black shirts and green trousers in a combat situation. Seems more like a parade ground jacket and steps into a shady political area. However it will make them stand out a bit more than regular green.

Pat.
Many thanks Patrick, ctv can be useful at least for the Italian campaign in 1943/44 during the period of the Republic of Salò allied with the Germans. In fact, in that period we will have both Italians fighting with allies and Italians fighting with the Germans so for the latter the black / gray / green camo would be very useful. thanks again for your work
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Some Russian camo added in 1941.

Sadly Russian vehicles aren't well known for their extravagant camo schemes so they're really variations on a theme. Most would of been plain 4BO green, especially when they were on the offensive. Camo wasn't something the crews considered important and it found most use in defensive situations and seemed to be favoured by a small number of formations.

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97517&p=836445#p836445

Pat a Pixel Pusher

asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Covering the units with a special camouflage color is a very nice feature of the game.
Is there a way to assign a certain camouflage color to a unit via LUA command or to make
a spawned unit appear with a special camouflage color?

That would upgrade the game even more if you automatically highlight elite units through such actions!
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

asuser wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm Covering the units with a special camouflage color is a very nice feature of the game.
Is there a way to assign a certain camouflage color to a unit via LUA command or to make
a spawned unit appear with a special camouflage color?

That would upgrade the game even more if you automatically highlight elite units through such actions!
I was hoping some one else would chip in but I think the best thing you can do is ask here ..

viewforum.php?f=597

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

asuser

Post by asuser »

Thanks!

I fear that function is too exotic so far.. . :wink:
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

asuser wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:38 am Thanks!

I fear that function is too exotic so far.. . :wink:
I think more is possible than people realise but I'm not the one to help.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Some extra info was gleaned about the transition from grey to dark yellow, particularly with respect to Tiger tanks in early 1942.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

asuser

Post by asuser »

Thanks for the information!

To better understand how it works: Technically, I understand that a camouflaged unit is assigned with a "skin" and not a "faction" or a "camouflage" thing?

I ask because my special question was still unsuccessful answered at other threads, how to assign a certain "skin" to a unit via LUA command. My best assumption so far has been, e.g. for a spawned Wehrmacht infantry that is being transferred to Africa:

unit.skin = German Africa Default
(with or without underlines or brackets or special signs)

Unfortunately that doesn't work and nobody can help...
Are there any other options or is the LUA workbook not ready for this yet?
asuser

Post by asuser »

asuser

Post by asuser »

1. I took a closer look at the insignias in the editor and their effect on the units. How is it generally, for a new insignia plate you need an entry in the insignias.csv and the corresponding picture in the insignias.uasset? Could you explain a little bit, please?

2. I'm looking for a correct identification of the USAF with US_Fuselage_1942 (e.g. "Edition 2"), as it was used for aircraft in the "Torch" operation. Can that be added please?

Example:

https://images.app.goo.gl/mRwixWdNC585b55FA
asuser

Post by asuser »

Is it possible for the Italian infantry to introduce an additional uniform skin for the "Black Shirts"? The easiest way to do this is to take the IT_Saharan or so and color the upper body discreetly black?
asuser

Post by asuser »

I tested some uniform camo styles and found a nice one:
"Deutscher Volkssturm" with grey jacket and brown trousers. It's not perfect yet, so, could you add a new uniform camo style like "Deutscher Volkssturm 6" or so with a more darker/black jacket please?
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Added the list of 1942 camo.

Its getting shorter unfortunately. While theres a huge range of historical camo, after a while, many look very similar in-game so I find I'm going for the more obvious and playably useful while remaining historically accurate ( The fashionista patterns are an anomaly I'd rather forget ).

You'll see theres some Italian blackshirt textures, as requested, though no unique model so you'll have to use the Italian Infantry.
And while the scope of the game generally renders night phases redundant, theres some night fighter camo becasue theres going to be a night fighter. And night fighter camo looks cool!

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

asuser

Post by asuser »

Nice to hear that! Excited when it will be published.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 pm Added the list of 1942 camo.

Its getting shorter unfortunately. While theres a huge range of historical camo, after a while, many look very similar in-game so I find I'm going for the more obvious and playably useful while remaining historically accurate ( The fashionista patterns are an anomaly I'd rather forget ).
There's some room for camo set typical to the Independent State of Croatia. This plus some more insignia (some nations have those for planes only) would be nice at one point for more variety.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Tassadar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:51 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 pm Added the list of 1942 camo.

There's some room for camo set typical to the Independent State of Croatia. This plus some more insignia (some nations have those for planes only) would be nice at one point for more variety.
There's no plans to add any more nations unless a future DLC requires it. The NDN/Ustaša Militias reputation isn't for large scale strategic military operations so unless a DLC suggests theres military merit in including them I doubt it'll be happening any time soon.
I might be able to add some camo, if I can find any examples that are radically different from others to justify it. At the moment most examples of period camo I've found has been German grey, Russian Green or variations of Italian. All of which we already have. So if you can provide any accurate examples of interesting camo I'll have a look.

One problem with vehicle insignia is many nations simply didn't have any, unlike their planes that routinely did. So again if theres particular examples you can provide then I'm willing to look into it.

Thanks.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

That's a valid point, I was mostly thinking of it as the only remaining notable faction in the war. There would indeed need to be some more specific DLC to justify their appearance.

As for camo, it's of limited prevalence as there were not that many units and, but for example:

Bf 109G - https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109G/Kroat-JG.html
Tanks - https://www.mojehobby.pl/zdjecia/8/0/8/36507_rd.png
Insignia (as viable as model sites can be probably) - https://panzergarage.com/DECALS-ITALIAN ... ATIAN-ARMY

Tanks seem to have very little repaint done compared to original German/Italian camo, but that seems logical. The state would not have much resources to go around designing and repainting. In a way, this means existing camo variants could just be tweaked a little.
Attachments
Messerschmitt-Bf-109G.jpg
Messerschmitt-Bf-109G.jpg (118.62 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Tassadar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm That's a valid point, I was mostly thinking of it as the only remaining notable faction in the war. There would indeed need to be some more specific DLC to justify their appearance.

As for camo, it's of limited prevalence as there were not that many units and, but for example:

Bf 109G - https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109G/Kroat-JG.html
Tanks - https://www.mojehobby.pl/zdjecia/8/0/8/36507_rd.png
Insignia (as viable as model sites can be probably) - https://panzergarage.com/DECALS-ITALIAN ... ATIAN-ARMY

Tanks seem to have very little repaint done compared to original German/Italian camo, but that seems logical. The state would not have much resources to go around designing and repainting. In a way, this means existing camo variants could just be tweaked a little.
Thanks Tassadar.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Some new German aircraft winter camo will be added with the 1942 patch in addition to insignia for the Independant State of Croatia and a number of fixes.
I've also made some of the descriptions more explicit as some where only ever seen on single engine fighters, while German bombers and twin engine fighter mostly stayed the same throughout the war.

I do not expect you to break these strict rules. :wink: :D

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”