Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Bug Reports

Post by asuser »

Missing ribbon marking for hero unit

Hello!

With the LUA script function it is possible to assign a hero to units. It works for most nations correctly. This is then visible on the unit plate of the corresponding unit with a small ribbon.
I'm currently working on a scenario for Vichy France. There it does not seem to work with hero assignment and the identification of the hero unit with the ribbon.
Vichy France troops are marked with "VF" in the editor. When looking in the main directory ... / Content / GUI / UnitPlates / Ribbons I noticed that there is no file with the ending "vf".
Could it be because of that and how can I help myself here?

See here, please, the missing sign at the hero unit plate (white/empty):
PC2_Ribbon_test.png
PC2_Ribbon_test.png (249.93 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

asuser wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:57 pm With the LUA script function it is possible to assign a hero to units. It works for most nations correctly. This is then visible on the unit plate of the corresponding unit with a small ribbon.
I'm currently working on a scenario for Vichy France. There it does not seem to work with hero assignment and the identification of the hero unit with the ribbon.
Vichy France troops are marked with "VF" in the editor. When looking in the main directory ... / Content / GUI / UnitPlates / Ribbons I noticed that there is no file with the ending "vf".
Put it on TODO list, this will be fixed in one of the future updates. Not in the next one, because hotfix 1.1.21 build has been already created and passed to Slitherine.

Until the fix is deployed, in theory you could copy one of the existing french ribbons and rename it to VF.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Trepko wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:29 pm As I'm here, I'd like to ask another question: when a core unit is killed (with heroes), you can't reassign the "killed" heroes during this mission, but the heroes are not "lost" and you can reassign them in the next mission.
In one of my run, I lost a unit (with 3 heroes) during the last mission of the AO 40 campaign. When I imported my core to the AO 41 campaign, I didn't find the 3 missing heroes in my heroes pool in the first AO 41 mission. Is this normal ? Does this mean you can actually lose a hero if he is killed during the last mission of a campaign ?
Sounds like a bug to me. There is no reason why the last scenario in a campaign must use different rules, the rules must be consistent across all scenarios which you play. Put it on TODO list, thanks for reporting.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

A small oddity a noticed yesterday:

In the 41 DLC, I had the Sturer Emil AT-unit equipped with a camouflage and a double support hero. The unit then proceeded to wipe out three or even four enemy tanks with this double support shot in consecutive order, for a usage of either 6 or 8 ammo. The unit only has an ammo-level of 3 though, so it shouldn't have been able to fire that often. Is a unit supposed to be able to shoot that often during the AI's turn when firing in support?
asuser

Post by asuser »

Rudankort wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 pm
asuser wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:57 pm With the LUA script function it is possible to assign a hero to units. It works for most nations correctly. This is then visible on the unit plate of the corresponding unit with a small ribbon.
Put it on TODO list, this will be fixed in one of the future updates. Not in the next one, because hotfix 1.1.21 build has been already created and passed to Slitherine.

Until the fix is deployed, in theory you could copy one of the existing french ribbons and rename it to VF.
Hello Mr. Rudankort,
thanks for your answer. I made a test of your suggestion and sadly it does'nt work.

Here is an example:
Ribbons.zip
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

George_Parr wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:20 pm A small oddity a noticed yesterday:

In the 41 DLC, I had the Sturer Emil AT-unit equipped with a camouflage and a double support hero. The unit then proceeded to wipe out three or even four enemy tanks with this double support shot in consecutive order, for a usage of either 6 or 8 ammo. The unit only has an ammo-level of 3 though, so it shouldn't have been able to fire that often. Is a unit supposed to be able to shoot that often during the AI's turn when firing in support?
Support fire should be limited by ammo just like any other type of attack. What you describe sounds like a bug to me. Do you have a save by any chance?
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:25 pm
George_Parr wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:20 pm A small oddity a noticed yesterday:

Support fire should be limited by ammo just like any other type of attack. What you describe sounds like a bug to me. Do you have a save by any chance?
I hope this works. If you end the turn right away, the Sturer Emil fires eight consecutive times in defense of the infantry it is guarding.
Attachments
Minsk 1941 (Turn 12).zip
(426.89 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Flying Wehrmacht Infantry

Thermopylae 1941 scenario.
Board the Wehrmacht Infantry in a transport plane then press the Undo button and the result is that the Wehrmacht Infantry stays in the air inselectable :shock:

Capture d’écran (717).jpg
Capture d’écran (717).jpg (358.26 KiB) Viewed 3030 times

Save then reload the savegame and the bug is gone :) but it's reproducible.

Capture d’écran (718).jpg
Capture d’écran (718).jpg (375.29 KiB) Viewed 3021 times
andyberlin
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Bug Reports - Editor

Post by andyberlin »

Hi,

I have installed version 1.01.20.1 and I can't start the editor, neither from the first menue nor from the main menue.

Is it a bug or do I have to reinstall the game?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Soviet Naval Infantry is not available for purchase after 1943. Is intended?. It doesnt make any sense, they were used until the last day of war.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
jeannot le lapin

Akkula wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:03 pm Soviet Naval Infantry is not available for purchase after 1943. Is intended?. It doesnt make any sense, they were used until the last day of war.
There may be a lack of Soviet Naval Infantry 43 ?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 am
Akkula wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:03 pm Soviet Naval Infantry is not available for purchase after 1943. Is intended?. It doesnt make any sense, they were used until the last day of war.
There may be a lack of Soviet Naval Infantry 43 ?
I don't know why, but from the start we never had the '43 version, odd.
But If I recall correctly we could use them until 1945. Historically speaking they should be available until the last day of war.....
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
asuser

Post by asuser »

Incorrect function "Add Image marker"

Hello!

For the scenario design there are various functions in the briefing area of the editor to present an explanation of the mission to the player.
In addition to a portrait, you can also insert an outline, arrow, text and an image with the "Add image marker" function.
If it works correctly, you can use it to mark unit badges and their locations on the map.

I tested "Add image marker" and it doesn't work.
First I created a unit badge image of the 1st US Armored Division in a .uasset file (briefing_image_1USAD.uasset / briefing_image_1USAD.uexp ) with the UE Editor.
I put this .uasset file in the directory: ... / GUI / Briefing / Images. In the editor, in the “Add image marker” function, in the “Image” field, I selected the .uasset with the name.
After starting the game, the computer crashed during the briefing.

What I have done wrong? Need help, please...
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but if you switch two fully entrenched units, they seem to keep their entrenchment. At least that just happened with two of my infantry units in the Klin scenario.
Scrapulous
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Scrapulous »

Slot consumption calculations are buggy. I think it's a problem with the unit stats panel.

Example: adding a Reduced Slots hero to a 3 slot fighter, the Hurricane Mk.IIC.

First screenshot shows the state of affairs before I add the hero. Total slots are 54/55, and the slot count for the Hurricane is 3.
Before adding hero: unit cost 3, total consumed 54.
Before adding hero: unit cost 3, total consumed 54.
slot count bug 1.jpg (245.73 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
This bulletin board's image management support is atrocious. It keeps losing uploaded attachments. Really frustrating.
Attachments
After re-selecting hero: unit cost now 1, total consumed 53.
After re-selecting hero: unit cost now 1, total consumed 53.
slot count bug 3.jpg (213.1 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
After adding hero: unit cost still 3, total consumed 53.
After adding hero: unit cost still 3, total consumed 53.
slot count bug 2.jpg (236.17 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Second screenshot is after I have added the Reduced Slots hero to the fighter. My total slot usage drops by 1, to 53/55, but the unit reports that it still costs 3. Fine, it's not updating...
slot count bug 2.jpg
slot count bug 2.jpg (236.17 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Finally, the third screenshot is after I have selected another unit, then selected the Hurricane to try to get the unit stats panel to update. It worked, but, it's reporting too much reduction. Total slot usage shows 53/55 (a -1 reduction), but the Hurricane stats panel shows a slot cost of 1 (a -2 reduction).
slot count bug 3.jpg
slot count bug 3.jpg (213.1 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Dimonikus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Dimonikus »

Hello everybody

I can't leave the match in the tournament after its end.

The continue button in the results was inactive.

When trying to exit to the main menu - such an error. The exit is impossible.

Sorry for my English

Updated. Only alt + f4 was able to get out of the game. After entering the lobby, I saw only one game.

Updated 2. Despite the error - emails were sent every time the continue or exit button was pressed
Attachments
Screenshot5.png
Screenshot5.png (121.29 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg (88.17 KiB) Viewed 2824 times
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (844.06 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Last edited by Dimonikus on Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimonikus

Post by Dimonikus »

Victory conditions are not working correctly

Despite the control of most of the flags - defeat.

The bug from the last post is also present.
Attachments
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot4.jpg (974.42 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot3.jpg (517.83 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
jeannot le lapin

Not really a bug but rather something to improve, the landing track could be better visible in relation to the scenery :

Capture d’écran (725).jpg
Capture d’écran (725).jpg (394.22 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”