Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Tassadar »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm
y_bee_vashka wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm So apparently I can't keep playing my 1941 campaign since I can not access the upgrade window for tanks. It all was working fine before the dlc since I just ended 1940 a few days ago. Specifically, I keep getting an Unreal Engine 4 Crash reporter window with the following error message:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3229] Texture2D /Game/Graphics/Units/DE/Panzer35H735fH35/Panzer35H735fH35_Wheeldrive.SE_Spr_Countryside_AO_RGH_HGT_SPEC: Serial size mismatch: Got 28, Expected 6122
This error does sound like a corrupted installation, perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the game will help?
I have the exact same issue (GOG copy) and reinstalling did not help at all.

Already did this and posted it as a separate bug thread. The error message seems to refer to the same type of error in the same file: viewtopic.php?f=582&t=104792
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Tassadar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:42 pm I have the exact same issue (GOG copy) and reinstalling did not help at all.

Already did this and posted it as a separate bug thread. The error message seems to refer to the same type of error in the same file: viewtopic.php?f=582&t=104792
Replied in your main topic.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

y_bee_vashka wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm So apparently I can't keep playing my 1941 campaign since I can not access the upgrade window for tanks. It all was working fine before the dlc since I just ended 1940 a few days ago. Specifically, I keep getting an Unreal Engine 4 Crash reporter window with the following error message:
Please try the suggestion which I posted here:
viewtopic.php?p=915067#p915067
y_bee_vashka
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by y_bee_vashka »

Thank you, it worked!
DocTsiolkovski
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by DocTsiolkovski »

Steam version

SLauncher works, but then I get a "Couldn't start.... PanzerCorps2-Win64-Shipping.exe" error CreateProcess() returned 570, File was modified today 20:36CEST, so obviously the patch causes that

Thanks for any help.
T.
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

I imported my core force from AO40 (with diened artillery)
After the start of AO41 (now only with trait panzer general) I can't buy artillery.
Can you give me a hint?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

egrofik wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:24 pm I imported my core force from AO40 (with diened artillery)
After the start of AO41 (now only with trait panzer general) I can't buy artillery.
Can you give me a hint?
Should only last the first scenario, on the second scenario you should be able to buy artillery.
I am not sure if Trait holdover is a feature or a bug with low priority.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

not sure if i'm correct here to post translation issues.
it is the yugoslavia mission the last text paragraph is in english not in german.
i play it in german.
Attachments
panzercorps2_0.png
panzercorps2_0.png (681.02 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

SL guys, could you please comment on the below issue with Saarbrucken
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=104808
In the mission tracker, I had 2/2 airports captured; on the last turn I had 1/2 airports captured, and saw the closing message that only 1 bonus point was awarded (for holding all victory hexes, but not for raid of French airports).
Catacol
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Catacol »

2 things since the patch:

1. I'm not getting 2 player turn replays anymore. Is this just something to do with old games started with the old version? I'll know more once I start a new game started with the patch installed, but old games are certainly not replaying.

2. Very irritatingly - counter battery fire is either broken or has been redesigned really badly. Heavy artillery now fires at any artillery in range that fires first even if the enemy artillery cannot be seen. Given ammo loadouts this makes counter battery ridiculously powerful and renders effective recon a waste of time. Heavy artillery in 2 player games is already way OP - and in my modded units file I've made it much more expensive, but now that counter fire is able to fire blind it means a heavy gun on a hill just wrecks all enemy fire. The game MUST continue to value recon otherwise a lot of the skill goes out of it. I'm hoping it is a bug rather than a redesign....and then it can be fixed!
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

After updating the game, at startup, a problem with the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file began to appear. A window appears with this message. However, if this message is ignored, the game will still start.
I have Windows 7 64 bit
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

Hello, in random map 1v1 unit never surrender or retreat (by using command trait "field expert" / "meticulous preparation", do not use "without mercy"), unit full neutral multiple hit... do not move .
im the only one with this ?
bubu13
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

serezha wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:41 am After updating the game, at startup, a problem with the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file began to appear. A window appears with this message. However, if this message is ignored, the game will still start.
I have Windows 7 64 bit
Will it work any better if you install the latest Microsoft C++ redist package from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6joe100wawb8 ... 4.exe?dl=0
?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:14 am Maybe widen the unit screen for both you and your enemy so it can hold five or six traits in one row?
Right now it's four I think. And that means the ninth trait will break the design limit.
We've increased the number of traits per line to 5 in 1.1.20. This does not solve the issue in all cases, but at least it is something. A complete solution would require a more significant UI redesign.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Rudankort wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:57 pm
serezha wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:41 am After updating the game, at startup, a problem with the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file began to appear. A window appears with this message. However, if this message is ignored, the game will still start.
I have Windows 7 64 bit
Will it work any better if you install the latest Microsoft C++ redist package from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6joe100wawb8 ... 4.exe?dl=0
?
Installed this app from your link, but the problem persists. When starting the game, a message appears that api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing. I checked my system drive, and indeed, I do not have such a library. Where to get it and how to install it?
Despite this issue, the game will still launch.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

serezha wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:20 pm Installed this app from your link, but the problem persists. When starting the game, a message appears that api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing. I checked my system drive, and indeed, I do not have such a library. Where to get it and how to install it?
I've googled around for this issue, and it looks like Epic Games no longer care much about Windows 7. The library which it complains about is from Windows 10, but does not exist in Windows 7, hence the error.

If the game works then I would not worry too much about it, but if you want to get rid of the message, I suggest trying to download this file from any established site which provide missing DLLs, for example here:
https://www.dll-files.com/api-ms-win-do ... 0.dll.html

Then, just place the file in Windows/System32 folder. Putting it next to game's EXE should also work.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm
serezha wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:20 pm Installed this app from your link, but the problem persists. When starting the game, a message appears that api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing. I checked my system drive, and indeed, I do not have such a library. Where to get it and how to install it?
I've googled around for this issue, and it looks like Epic Games no longer care much about Windows 7. The library which it complains about is from Windows 10, but does not exist in Windows 7, hence the error.

If the game works then I would not worry too much about it, but if you want to get rid of the message, I suggest trying to download this file from any established site which provide missing DLLs, for example here:
https://www.dll-files.com/api-ms-win-do ... 0.dll.html

Then, just place the file in Windows/System32 folder. Putting it next to game's EXE should also work.
Thank you for your attention. I will play this wonderful game
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

Hello,

First of all I'd like to say Hi to everyone, as this is my first post in this Forum.
Secondly, I'd like to apologize in advance, maybe my problem has already been solved, but I confess I didn't read the 600 previous answers to see if its the case. From what I've read, this is not the case.

Now, my problem: I'm currently playing PZ2 SCW, with the following settings: Generallissimus + Iron Man (no save) + Guderian (-5 turns). I'm currently at the Brunete scenario, and won it (all objectives captured at turn 18/18). Unfortunatly, when I click on the "finish turn" button, the Nationalist will play their turn (no problem), and then it's the Republican last turn. The Republicans will do their 1 or 2 last moves, and then... then nothing happens. The Republican turn is never ending (I let the computer running like an hour and still nothing happens). In the end, I cannot end the scenario... but the game is NOT frozen, as I can still click on units, or access the menu.

The main issue is that as I play with Iron man, I cannot load a previous save (at a precedent turn, if the problem was the execution of a script for example).

Here is a screenshot of the situation.
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg (910.55 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
I don't know if that's normal but as you can see, when I click on a unit (including ennemies ones), I have access to their action possibilities (movement and attack). But of course, nothing happens if I try to effectively do these actions.

Thank you if someone has a good idea on how to fix my broken save !
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Trepko wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am Thank you if someone has a good idea on how to fix my broken save !
Thanks for report. It looks like victory conditions of this scenario do not work well with your settings (most likely Guderian). We'll investigate and fix. In the mean time, best suggestion which I can offer is to open the Chat panel and enter:
runany Victory 0
This should bring you to the next scenario.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

Hello,

Thank you for this code line I didn't know about. It worked fine, and allows me to continue my campaign. Thanks.

As I'm here, I'd like to ask another question: when a core unit is killed (with heroes), you can't reassign the "killed" heroes during this mission, but the heroes are not "lost" and you can reassign them in the next mission.
In one of my run, I lost a unit (with 3 heroes) during the last mission of the AO 40 campaign. When I imported my core to the AO 41 campaign, I didn't find the 3 missing heroes in my heroes pool in the first AO 41 mission. Is this normal ? Does this mean you can actually lose a hero if he is killed during the last mission of a campaign ?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”