Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Rudankort »

pewp3w wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 am Normal unit, although a somewhat old one. It is in the persia scenario and I can not buy a BF110D anymore, since it is outdated. But the same problem persists for the Ju88A, although it is still available.
Could you please post your save? I'll check what's going on there.
NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix »

I ran into an incident where it seems the gebirgsjager don't bestow their attack and defence bonusses. My Gebirgsjager was on a hills hex, attacking a unit that's on desert (low ground). In the combat log, my attack & defense values haven't improved though the game indicates that they should.

Video: https://youtu.be/t0s80gZVB1w

On a similar subject. I find the description on low-high ground attacks a bit confusing, and this mechanic seems to be not working properly as well. When on a High ground hex, attacking another unit on a high ground hex, the defender gets a bonus for defending against an attack from low ground, though the attacker does not get a bonus from attacking from high ground. Which makes no sense, since there is no height difference, and only a bonus on the defender is bestowed.

Video: https://youtu.be/ZCxGVKUpeyc

On the subject of combat description, the log says this: Bonus when defending in high ground against an attack from low ground - +10 accuracy. -> But i'm the one attacking the enemy unit? Same for the enemy unit that claims they get a penalty from attacking high ground.
Maybe this can be changed for the attacking unit to: Bonus when attacking a unit on low ground from high ground, and for the defending unit: penalty from defending against an attack from high ground?

You'd almost think most beta players just want to play the game early, and not do actualy testing. ;) Just kidding.

Night Phoenix
NightPhoenix

Post by NightPhoenix »

I noticed that Major rivers don't show the "No supply" trait, like high mountain hexes, sea hexes etc. do. Though the manual says that no supply can be traced through them since wheeled units can't pass them.
This is a bit confusing, do major rivers allow supplies to pass through or not? I would assume frozen major rivers do, but not when in "normal" weather conditions. Is it possible to have this trait also for major rivers shown in the game?

Night Phoenix
comradep
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by comradep »

A Panzer 38(t)A unit fired 4 times at a BT7 unit trying to move out of a hex adjacent to the Panzer38(t)A unit during the Soviet phase of a turn.

The results of the four shots were all shown as 1 kill, 1 suppression. The suppression didn't increase, but the BT7 unit lost 4 strength points before moving out of the hex it started in.
Attachments
Bug firing when unit leaves adjacent hex_.zip
(342.32 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

For my bug ( upgrade a prototype panzer IIIJ ( with str 1/15 ) in normal Panzer IIIG unit with overstrenght 15 make it 0 str , and disband unit doesn't work on it )

When restarting the game, the unit is ok, it is still a panzer IIIJ with 1 str and when upgrading to normal unit ( without overstrenght) , it is working, it becomes a panzer IIIG (with 15 str)
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter »

Weather forecast for the next day does not show immediately after loading a save file. Save files should always return the player to the same availability of information as when the save file was made.
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am I noticed that Major rivers don't show the "No supply" trait, like high mountain hexes, sea hexes etc. do. Though the manual says that no supply can be traced through them since wheeled units can't pass them.
This is a bit confusing, do major rivers allow supplies to pass through or not? I would assume frozen major rivers do, but not when in "normal" weather conditions. Is it possible to have this trait also for major rivers shown in the game?

Night Phoenix
No, major rivers do not allow supplies to pass through them unless there's a bridge, and then only at that specific point(s).
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

The Sherman Calliope fired its rockets at 3 hex range even though its stats says its range is 2 hexes.
Bug or typo?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am...do major rivers allow supplies to pass through or not?..
Apparently not..:)
By coincidence I played a game earlier today that confirmed it, here's a screenshot-
My 3 Germans at the top are out of supply because they can't trace supply across the maj river to the port supply source at lower left-

NightPhoenix

Post by NightPhoenix »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:39 am
NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am...do major rivers allow supplies to pass through or not?..
Apparently not..:)
By coincidence I played a game earlier today that confirmed it, here's a screenshot-
My 3 Germans at the top are out of supply because they can't trace supply across the maj river to the port supply source at lower left-
SineMora wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:26 am
NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am I noticed that Major rivers don't show the "No supply" trait, like high mountain hexes, sea hexes etc. do. Though the manual says that no supply can be traced through them since wheeled units can't pass them.

Night Phoenix
No, major rivers do not allow supplies to pass through them unless there's a bridge, and then only at that specific point(s).
Alright thanks! I have Kiev coming up and had a little plan for that. But that only works if Major rivers don't allow supply. So we really need major rivers to also show the No Supply icon like all the other not-passable-by-wheeled-units-hexes
SineMora

Post by SineMora »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 am The Sherman Calliope fired its rockets at 3 hex range even though its stats says its range is 2 hexes.
Bug or typo?
Was it standing on a hill? All artillery benefits from an extra hex of range on high terrain.

Edit: All units with a ranged attack do, including AAs.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

SineMora wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 am
PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 am The Sherman Calliope fired its rockets at 3 hex range even though its stats says its range is 2 hexes.
Bug or typo?
Was it standing on a hill? All artillery benefits from an extra hex of range on high terrain.
Edit: All units with a ranged attack do, including AAs.

Thanks, that's very useful to know, yes the Calliope was on a hill.
My lame excuse for not noticing is that hills are sometimes difficult to tell from clear terrain, maybe a future update could include new hill graphics that are easier to see, perhaps strewn with shrubs and boulders and/or with deeper shadows to highlight their contours.
deducter

Post by deducter »

The tooltip for cloudy weather states that spotting from air units is halved. However, the storch still has 4 spotting. Either the tooltip is incorrect or cloudy weather/spotting is not working as intended.

As a side note, the storch may be the most useful unit in the game. I would be opposed to a nerf.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

deducter wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm As a side note, the storch may be the most useful unit in the game. I would be opposed to a nerf.
But how would they nerf that which has no weapons? :wink:
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Kerensky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:37 am
deducter wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm As a side note, the storch may be the most useful unit in the game. I would be opposed to a nerf.
But how would they nerf that which has no weapons? :wink:
They could add reconmove.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

I´ve as Commander weaknesses Slow Modernization.

The description states that the upgrade limitation does not apply to transports.

But the problem is, when I have upgraded three units and I e.g. forgot to assign a transport vehicle to one of my infantry units, this is not possible anymore. The corresponding upgrade button is then grayed out for all units.

In my opinion, it should still be possible to assign a means of transport even after the three upgrades.

Maybe that can be changed in a patch?
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

Is it a design factor that low calibre AA guns cannot be used offensively in ground attack, i.e. Switched to this role? They were employed against ground targets in WW2 and some were mightily effective. It seems in the game they fire reactively against ground targets only if attacked. I firmly believe there ought to be an option to Switch them to a ground attack role.
Cortilein
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cortilein »

In its submerged state, the Italian submarine ("Marcello" class) is missing the Camouflage, NoZOC and IgnoresZOC traits that the other (submerged) subs have. Also, the surfaced Marcello unit has different prestige/slot cost than the submerged entity (which might be a problem/exploit when counting slots and/or disbanding the unit).
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

OldFocker wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am Is it a design factor that low calibre AA guns cannot be used offensively in ground attack, i.e. Switched to this role? They were employed against ground targets in WW2 and some were mightily effective. It seems in the game they fire reactively against ground targets only if attacked. I firmly believe there ought to be an option to Switch them to a ground attack role.
You should be able to switch them manually but then they do not provide AA cover anymore.
uran21

Post by uran21 »

Cortilein wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:49 am In its submerged state, the Italian submarine ("Marcello" class) is missing the Camouflage, NoZOC and IgnoresZOC traits that the other (submerged) subs have. Also, the surfaced Marcello unit has different prestige/slot cost than the submerged entity (which might be a problem/exploit when counting slots and/or disbanding the unit).
Confirmed and fixed for traits but I see no difference in slots/prestige between the two.

Thx

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”