Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

P5138
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Bug Reports

Post by P5138 »

Lakel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:01 am Limited Stock campaign option

Love the idea, small problem. Went to buy an infantry unit, it will not allow me to add transport units to said infantry, before or after buying them.

Small suggestion on the idea, maybe a bit of variety in certain units being more available than others, such as basic Wehr infantry vs Fallschirmjägers.
I have the same issue with artillery, AT, and AA, too. I started a SCW campaign with the limited stock option on, and bought a flak unit in mission 2 (now that there's a limited number of planes, it's a bit more important to have screens up.) When buying it I noticed that flak, AT, and artillery also don't have options for transports, which makes using them just about impossible. On the next mission I tried to upgrade to a transport on the unit, and there's no option to do so.

Also (though I'm not sure if this is intended) any surviving units you put to auxiliary forces do not get refunded at the end of a mission with the Limited Stock option on. This was already an issue in the Spanish Civil War campaign for Italian prototypes, but now it's spread to all units. Now surviving Italian infantry are just lost to the ether, meaning you're never going to be able to field more than 1 unit of aux infantry.

Edit: To prevent double posting I'll put a new bug here. I just came across an odd occurrence in the Seville mission with the bonus objective to garrison all five Seville hexes. I don't know why it happened, but I was given the CP when I went into only 4 out of 5 hexes. A screenshot is attached of the unit positions after the dialogue box was clicked. The far left hex was entered by my infantry unit immediately before the dialog came up.
Attachments
Incorrect CP award condition?
Incorrect CP award condition?
20210710012044_1.jpg (419.38 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Khancotlette wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am Royal Yugoslav Army insignia (cross) is twisted up with Yugoslav People's Army insignia (star) and vice versa. They should be switched. Their flags and camos, however, are still correct.
I'm afraid, the issue is still here (using the latest patch and all DLCs). More to say, there is now no Royal Yugoslav insignia at all, only two Partisan Stars...

ESPADATXI

Post by ESPADATXI »

In a multiplayer game this units was upgrade to Fallshijamer and now the habilities of unit there isn'n :shock: the unit cant land so they cant be nothing :cry:
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

ESPADATXI wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:13 pm Image

In a multiplayer game this units was upgrade to Fallshijamer and now the habilities of unit there isn'n :shock: the unit cant land so they cant be nothing :cry:
they changed how paras work now you have to w8 one turn before they can drop
Khancotlette

Post by Khancotlette »

Khancotlette wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:01 pm
Khancotlette wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am Royal Yugoslav Army insignia (cross) is twisted up with Yugoslav People's Army insignia (star) and vice versa. They should be switched. Their flags and camos, however, are still correct.
I'm afraid, the issue is still here (using the latest patch and all DLCs). More to say, there is now no Royal Yugoslav insignia at all, only two Partisan Stars...
Funnily enough, in the game assets all the textures seem to be correct. Probably some assignment bug?

Update: Yup, that's it. The unit insignia texture is fine, but wrongly assigned at Data/Insignias.csv, while the UI insignia textures are still twisted — insignia_yf should be insignia_yu and vice versa. Already fixed that in my mod.
Last edited by Khancotlette on Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragoth
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Ragoth »

I have run into an unpleasant bug when completing turn 30 on the Streets of Stalingrad mission. After the debrief and before the next mission reloads, I get a CTD, tried reloading, rebooting, and even restoring from an earlier save, and it keeps happening.
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

Ran into an old bug again during AO'42: Units with seperate AT/artillery modes (like the Su-76, Su-122 and 76.2mm Model 1942) end up in seperate pools when captured depending on which mode you caught them in. This splitting up makes managing captured equipment a hell of a lot more complicated, and makes absolutely no sense.

Also, there's still multiple examples of the same equipment landing in different pools because you captured it from seperate nations. I think I have at least three different FT-17 pools cluttering my trophy wall now. :roll:
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Axis operation 1942. Training mission April 12 1942.
Hello. In this mission, impossible for me to deploy any units : air and land. I goes to the end of this mission : victory !
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:15 pm Axis operation 1942. Training mission April 12 1942.
Hello. In this mission, impossible for me to deploy any units : air and land. I goes to the end of this mission : victory !
1. it uses smaller core limiters so check if you have more units than allowed core
2. if you missed deploying in pre mission turn you cant deploy them after that

if it is neither of these then i havent encouterd this problem, hope this helps friend
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The animation of the Il-2 Shturmovik when attacking by another plane(Bf 109F) is very strange :shock:

Capture d’écran (98).jpg
Capture d’écran (98).jpg (686.98 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

terminator wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:59 am The animation of the Il-2 Shturmovik when attacking by another plane(Bf 109F) is very strange :shock:

Capture d’écran (98).jpg
yeah it shoots rockets as if attacking ground target
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

And it bombs ground targets instead of firing rockets. :?

Got another bug here: Started Streets of Stalingrad with 7CP banked, but I never received the offer for the Tiger prototypes. Then the one in Assualt on Stalingrad is worded in a way that makes me think it'd fit in Streets.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:15 pm Axis operation 1942. Training mission April 12 1942.
Read the "Limited Deployment" notice carefully, you can only deploy units after you have reduced your current core size below the limit scenario demands.
I also wonder why don't you know that if you have already progressed into AO 42, such limits showed up many times before. Do you jump directly into it as your first play?
P5138
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by P5138 »

This bug is in the SCW campaign:

I can't remember if this used to work, but I do remember my corps units providing support fire for allied units.

In the current patch, player units do not seem to provide support fire for allied AI units in the SCW campaign. I'm now up to the Ebro, and every single defensive line is getting crushed because my artillery isn't responding. I keep thinking that maybe my artillery is being suppressed, somehow, but even on areas where I know I've not been suppressed and where I have ammo, the artillery isn't firing.

I didn't document it, but it's definitely something that I think I noticed earlier. There have been multiple occurrences of my thinking that something was off with how the defensive responses worked out.
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

P5138 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:08 pm This bug is in the SCW campaign:

I can't remember if this used to work, but I do remember my corps units providing support fire for allied units.

In the current patch, player units do not seem to provide support fire for allied AI units in the SCW campaign. I'm now up to the Ebro, and every single defensive line is getting crushed because my artillery isn't responding. I keep thinking that maybe my artillery is being suppressed, somehow, but even on areas where I know I've not been suppressed and where I have ammo, the artillery isn't firing.

I didn't document it, but it's definitely something that I think I noticed earlier. There have been multiple occurrences of my thinking that something was off with how the defensive responses worked out.
Never managed that scenario totally as defensive. Been bit time so can't remember why. I often just gone on the offensive which find easier way complete that map. Will replay it and see this week and add here.
P5138
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by P5138 »

Stephen1024 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:05 pm Never managed that scenario totally as defensive. Been bit time so can't remember why. I often just gone on the offensive which find easier way complete that map. Will replay it and see this week and add here.
On further testing, I think I found that my artillery was providing support (according to the log), but the animation of the support didn't always trigger during that session. When I restarted the game, I couldn't replicate what I was seeing to narrow down what/if anything was going on.
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

P5138 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 pm
Stephen1024 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:05 pm Never managed that scenario totally as defensive. Been bit time so can't remember why. I often just gone on the offensive which find easier way complete that map. Will replay it and see this week and add here.
On further testing, I think I found that my artillery was providing support (according to the log), but the animation of the support didn't always trigger during that session. When I restarted the game, I couldn't replicate what I was seeing to narrow down what/if anything was going on.
Yes game can be bit graphic intensive and sometimes hard see whats happening. We see if manage to do map more defensively.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi something is wrong with the Spanish Civil War DLC the Spanish Republic and Nationals forces in the campaign just stop working for some reason and I don't know why what I mean by stop is that they do not move there forces they attack only if your troops are near them. The only unit that i know that moves is there aircraft that it know thing else just want to let people know about this
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Disband Auxiliary Units

Instantly disbands selected auxiliary unit will not recover its prestige cost contrary to what is marked (I realized I’m not missing any space to deploy this bomber) :(

Disband.jpg
Disband.jpg (506.7 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:32 am Instantly disbands selected auxiliary unit will not recover its prestige cost contrary to what is marked (I realized I’m not missing any space to deploy this bomber) :(
If one received Prestige for disbanding Aux units one could disband preplaced Aux units for prestige.
So I sure it is intentional.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”