Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Bug Reports

Post by impar »

Ah! That explains it.
So, vehicles get the First Aid and infantry and towed guns using transport dont? Whats the justification?

Anyway, another tooltip that should be amended. Same as Artillery with Hard Support dont offering Hard Support to ATs attacked by hard unit.
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Leader Trait Bug?

Post by charge62 »

I've been running the AO DLCs on Generalissimus and trying different leader trait combinations.

Heroes: In AO 1939, I was running with the default three heroes per unit. When I imported that core to AO 1940, I selected the combination of Force Dispersion and Force concentration (max two heroes per unit). Units with three leaders didn't see their assigned heroes reset to the new limit of two. This may have been a deliberate design decision. It certainly resulted in some interesting hero assignment challenges. Do I leave the original three heroes on a unit or move a hero to a new unit and live with the two hero limit on the losing unit?

Overstrength: When I imported that same core from AO 1941 to AO 1942, I chose No Overstrength. When I tried to free up slots by reducing overstrength on the imported units, the overstrength button remained inactive. Thus, overstrength became permanent for the duration of the DLC. I can't make the leap to thinking this was deliberate. The slot penalty doesn't make sense.

Perhaps when No Overstrength is selected and a core is imported, overstrength should be removed from units and, where appropriate, equipment should be refunded to the player's available equipment counts (e.g. captured equipment and limited stock German equipment like the Wurfrahmen should be refunded to the pool). While this would work for newly started campaigns, it wouldn't affect saves.

Alternatively, the overstrength button could be activated only for overstrength reductions when No Overstrength is selected. This would support saved games.
w_erewolf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by w_erewolf »

Maybe this is a old bug, but anyway.
That Panther IVH is a bit weak, according to me. :-)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (139.77 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

w_erewolf wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:11 pm Maybe this is a old bug, but anyway.
That Panther IVH is a bit weak, according to me. :-)
it was a scout tank with dummy gun so its as it should have been
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Panther IVH is a command tank (Panzerbefehlswagen):

Capture d’écran 2021-11-23 232222.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-11-23 232222.jpg (169.73 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

If you want to assign a hero to a spawned unit in the same round, you will get an error message
"attempt to index a nil value (local ‘unit’)".

If you want to assign a hero to the spawned unit one round later, the game crashes.
The ID number was triple proofed.

Could that be repaired, please?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

In 122 it's not possible to have multiple instances of the scenario editor open, nor is it possible to have the game run AND have editor open or vice versa.

It's also very complicated to open a scenario directly from the file. Some popup from Steam asking for permission and then you have to press editor in the launcher. Same problem when you press play on a scenario in the editor; you get the popup, launcher starts and you have to press play.

Regression. Annoying.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

For some reason, red faction colour chosen in Scenario Editor doesn't work with victory hexes, only with city names.

Orange colour works just fine

What could be the reason of this issue?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Difficulty levels Major and Colonel have switched places.

It now goes Colonel - Major - General - FM - GM, with Major being the default.
Green Knight
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Khancotlette wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:54 pm For some reason, red faction colour chosen in Scenario Editor doesn't work with victory hexes, only with city names.

Interesting, should have been obvious but seems to have been overlooked perhaps? Or there could be a reason I am unaware of entirely, I'll inquire about this.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Khancotlette wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:54 pm For some reason, red faction colour chosen in Scenario Editor doesn't work with victory hexes, only with city names.

I don't think it's a problem with Red Faction color. For example, if you look at Defenders of the Reich scenario, Soviet Red is red, American Green is green, British light blue is light blue....

but German grey is white.

Germans are also first player, and also in your example, the Red team color has been assigned to first player.

So it looks more like white default is default for first player, and is overriding any team coloring.
Khancotlette

Post by Khancotlette »

Kerensky wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:07 pm I don't think it's a problem with Red Faction color. For example, if you look at Defenders of the Reich scenario, Soviet Red is red, American Green is green, British light blue is light blue....

but German grey is white.

Germans are also first player, and also in your example, the Red team color has been assigned to first player.

So it looks more like white default is default for first player, and is overriding any team coloring.
Ah, I see... And probably because German (i.e. the almost only playable nation for now) faction colour is grey which is very similar to white, it was overlooked. Well, I guess, we've found the root of the problem :)
NYPATRIOT
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by NYPATRIOT »

Bug in new update. Playing Grand Campaign - Poland. After each scenario all units return to full strength. Using Green Replacements.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

NYPATRIOT wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:01 am Bug in new update. Playing Grand Campaign - Poland. After each scenario all units return to full strength. Using Green Replacements.
Are you by accident playing on major? Buttons have switched places
Green Knight
NYPATRIOT

Post by NYPATRIOT »

nexusno2000 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:44 am
NYPATRIOT wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:01 am Bug in new update. Playing Grand Campaign - Poland. After each scenario all units return to full strength. Using Green Replacements.
Are you by accident playing on major? Buttons have switched places
yep! Thank You Nexusno2000. Didnt even realize. was getting frustrated lol
article22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Crash on Raseinai at end of turn 7

Post by article22 »

Getting a full game crash on Raseinai, when you get given the Azul infantry on turn 7.

LoginId:ba6065494b0148ba47cf6abefed77123
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

First Aid Bug with replacements

We have previously seen the bug with transport(viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97527&start=820#p950949) but there is also a bug if we make replacements during a turn, First Aid does not apply even if the strength is not maximum :

We have made replacements but the maximum strength is not reached :

First Aid(4).jpg
First Aid(4).jpg (996.36 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

The turn following the strength was not increased by one point with First Aid :

First Aid(5).jpg
First Aid(5).jpg (956.61 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Wolfenguard »

With the first aid is not really a Bug.
Fir first aid or the reparatur hero, you need the attack slot to get the 1 extra replacement.
By using replacement you use your move and attack slot, so you have no free attack slot.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Wolfenguard wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:15 pm With the first aid is not really a Bug.
Fir first aid or the reparatur hero, you need the attack slot to get the 1 extra replacement.
By using replacement you use your move and attack slot, so you have no free attack slot.
In this case, this Hero(First Aid) has very little interest, only one recovery point per turn on 15 points for the Infantry, with many exclusions...
BaronVonWalrus

Post by BaronVonWalrus »

Here's a bug report for AO 1940.

I'm on the Neufchateau mission, having managed to completely eliminate De Gaulle's nemesis unit on the previous Abbeville map.

So, imagine my disgust (and horror) to see my recon overflight of Neufchateau reveal De Gaulle's Char BI unit parked there with 5 XP stars. HE'S DEAD, I SURROUNDED HIS UNIT AND WIPED HIM OFF THE MAP TO THE LAST MAN IN THE LAST BATTLE.

Come on guys, I'm on an FM Rommel mode playthrough with a bare smattering of heroes and no overstrength and I really don't need this. I invested the adaptive strategy (and casualties) to kill him last time out, so he really really shouldn't pop up again. Or does De Gaullle have access to the sort of Iain M Banks - stye soulcatcher tech that poor Commandante Vega in Spain didn't?

However, allow me to say how much I enjoyed Abbeville. I'm very inf-heavy on purpose, trying to see how I go with perhaps no more than 5 or 6 combat Pz units (excl PzJg) on the board (the full Corps roster includes 2 Inf Divs that I rotate, 1 Pz Div and 2 PzG / Mot divs with a panzer regiment in each, plus a Char B1 as an early Schwere-Panzer-Abtas well as FJ and GBJ for when they're needed) and loved the ebb & flow of the battle. I had to use my Pz Div to save Rommel's backside and avoid getting rolled up in 7 Panzer's sector - an infintely better experience than Ebro :-)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”