Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Stormchaser »

BaronVonWalrus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 pm Here's a bug report for AO 1940.

I'm on the Neufchateau mission, having managed to completely eliminate De Gaulle's nemesis unit on the previous Abbeville map.

So, imagine my disgust (and horror) to see my recon overflight of Neufchateau reveal De Gaulle's Char BI unit parked there with 5 XP stars. HE'S DEAD, I SURROUNDED HIS UNIT AND WIPED HIM OFF THE MAP TO THE LAST MAN IN THE LAST BATTLE.

Come on guys, I'm on an FM Rommel mode playthrough with a bare smattering of heroes and no overstrength and I really don't need this. I invested the adaptive strategy (and casualties) to kill him last time out, so he really really shouldn't pop up again. Or does De Gaullle have access to the sort of Iain M Banks - stye soulcatcher tech that poor Commandante Vega in Spain didn't?

However, allow me to say how much I enjoyed Abbeville. I'm very inf-heavy on purpose, trying to see how I go with perhaps no more than 5 or 6 combat Pz units (excl PzJg) on the board (the full Corps roster includes 2 Inf Divs that I rotate, 1 Pz Div and 2 PzG / Mot divs with a panzer regiment in each, plus a Char B1 as an early Schwere-Panzer-Abtas well as FJ and GBJ for when they're needed) and loved the ebb & flow of the battle. I had to use my Pz Div to save Rommel's backside and avoid getting rolled up in 7 Panzer's sector - an infintely better experience than Ebro :-)
Uh, that's a Feature, not a bug.

For historical purposes and as part of an attempt to make him a more fitting Nemesis compared to SCW's Vega, De Gaulle appears in every Scenario he is supposed to, regardless if you defeated him previously or not.

Fair warning, if you go to Britain you'll run into him in a Valentine a couple of times.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Panzer IIIN schürzen graphical bug

I found other images showing this problem based on camouflage and weather conditions :

PanzerIIIN(1).jpg
PanzerIIIN(1).jpg (263.16 KiB) Viewed 2643 times

PanzerIIIN(2).jpg
PanzerIIIN(2).jpg (256.42 KiB) Viewed 2643 times

In the rain :

PanzerIIIN(3).jpg
PanzerIIIN(3).jpg (258.78 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

BaronVonWalrus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 pm So, imagine my disgust (and horror) to see my recon overflight of Neufchateau reveal De Gaulle's Char BI unit parked there with 5 XP stars. HE'S DEAD, I SURROUNDED HIS UNIT AND WIPED HIM OFF THE MAP TO THE LAST MAN IN THE LAST BATTLE.
Have you ever seen in movies or other video games(Close Combat...) the crew escaping from a destroyed tank ?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

BaronVonWalrus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 pm Here's a bug report for AO 1940.

I'm on the Neufchateau mission, having managed to completely eliminate De Gaulle's nemesis unit on the previous Abbeville map.

So, imagine my disgust (and horror) to see my recon overflight of Neufchateau reveal De Gaulle's Char BI unit parked there with 5 XP stars. HE'S DEAD, I SURROUNDED HIS UNIT AND WIPED HIM OFF THE MAP TO THE LAST MAN IN THE LAST BATTLE.

Come on guys, I'm on an FM Rommel mode playthrough with a bare smattering of heroes and no overstrength and I really don't need this. I invested the adaptive strategy (and casualties) to kill him last time out, so he really really shouldn't pop up again. Or does De Gaullle have access to the sort of Iain M Banks - stye soulcatcher tech that poor Commandante Vega in Spain didn't?

However, allow me to say how much I enjoyed Abbeville. I'm very inf-heavy on purpose, trying to see how I go with perhaps no more than 5 or 6 combat Pz units (excl PzJg) on the board (the full Corps roster includes 2 Inf Divs that I rotate, 1 Pz Div and 2 PzG / Mot divs with a panzer regiment in each, plus a Char B1 as an early Schwere-Panzer-Abtas well as FJ and GBJ for when they're needed) and loved the ebb & flow of the battle. I had to use my Pz Div to save Rommel's backside and avoid getting rolled up in 7 Panzer's sector - an infintely better experience than Ebro :-)
But this is not a bug in AO 10940. It is a feature.

The SCW tried to set up a "nemesis" system where you could have a recurring "villain," but ended up coding it so he (Vega's brother) was removed after the first death.

In 1939 there were none.

1940 has DeGaulle show up repeatedly, whether or not you defeat him. Just wait until you get to England...
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
BaronVonWalrus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by BaronVonWalrus »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:13 am
BaronVonWalrus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 pm So, imagine my disgust (and horror) to see my recon overflight of Neufchateau reveal De Gaulle's Char BI unit parked there with 5 XP stars. HE'S DEAD, I SURROUNDED HIS UNIT AND WIPED HIM OFF THE MAP TO THE LAST MAN IN THE LAST BATTLE.
Have you ever seen in movies or other video games(Close Combat...) the crew escaping from a destroyed tank ?
Yes, and if he was near the map edge (and not fully surrounded on all 6 hex facings) I'm sure I could suspend my disbelief.

Still, if an immortal De Gaulle is a "feature" I shall plan and act accordingly - thanks guys for the heads up about his ongoing involvement regardless of one's own actions.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

BaronVonWalrus wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:13 am
Yes, and if he was near the map edge (and not fully surrounded on all 6 hex facings) I'm sure I could suspend my disbelief.

Still, if an immortal De Gaulle is a "feature" I shall plan and act accordingly - thanks guys for the heads up about his ongoing involvement regardless of one's own actions.
On the positive side, he stops appearing after 1940, and there isn't a Soviet Nemesis...yet.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Combat Prediction Bug (continued)

From time to time I have two different results :shock: This seems to be the case with artillery :

Combat prediction bug.jpg
Combat prediction bug.jpg (653.1 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

The new combat predictions for all hexes might be at fault here, but the devs probably will know better once looking into it. That said, I rather dislike this change of predictions and showing all of them at once, it makes the UI a bit of a mess with labels overlapping over themselves. There should be some sort of option to switch between this old and new mode. :(
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:05 am Panzer IIIN schürzen graphical bug

I found other images showing this problem based on camouflage and weather conditions :

PanzerIIIN(2).jpg

In the rain :
Ah I know what that is now. Its a side effect from a tweak to fix a much bigger issue. That of realistic levels of specularity blowing out the vehicle colours so they were unreadable.
I pushed the fresnel so the spec only really hit when the vehicle's are near the right edge of the screen, where I tried to concentrate the suns highlight. But because the skirts are sloped in .. they stick out further at the top than the bottom .. they present just too acute an angle and are crossing a threshold. I think they're reacting to the bright grass.

I'll have a look. I know how I can 'fix' it but its just another fudge and would actually be breaking them. Edit: Fixed but I don't know when it'll get out to you.

The issue with the shadow is something else entirely. I can only fix that by making the skirts very thick ( or quadrupling the size of the shadow). Thick skirts look silly and as soon as you start zooming out the shadow resolution switches and breaks it again. So you'll have to live with it.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Village at 6,35 in Madrid 39 (SCW) does not award prestige when captured.
Flag changes but no prestige.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Rocket launcher animation bugs :

I have already talked about the problems with the 30 cm Nblwf 43 (viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97527&start=800#p944037).
There are also problems with the 21cm Nblwf 42 and the Wurfrahmen 40 :

21cm Nblwf 42.jpg
21cm Nblwf 42.jpg (306.73 KiB) Viewed 2349 times

Wurfrahmen 40.jpg
Wurfrahmen 40.jpg (417.35 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

SDKFZ 251 movement points

Why do the different models of SDKFZ 251 not have the same number of movement points ?

SDKFZ251.jpg
SDKFZ251.jpg (395.38 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

POLAND_ North & South Scenarios do not display 'Deployment Zones'. Am I the only one coming across this discrepancy?. Is there some way to reveal the 'Deployment Zones'?.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Retributarr wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:46 am POLAND_ North & South Scenarios do not display 'Deployment Zones'. Am I the only one coming across this discrepancy?. Is there some way to reveal the 'Deployment Zones'?.
This is perfectly normal... :roll:
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

terminator wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:10 am
Retributarr wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:46 am POLAND_ North & South Scenarios do not display 'Deployment Zones'. Am I the only one coming across this discrepancy?. Is there some way to reveal the 'Deployment Zones'?.

"terminator post"...
[This is perfectly normal... ]

'Well!!!... It shouldn't be???...No-Das!... No-Das!.. Was Ist Loss???
I "really"... "really"... "really" wanted to 'Play' this 'Scenario'... BUT!!!... got 'Humbugged'... Not-Good!...Not Good!... "Ist Das Ze' End"???.
~~~Is there really an actual problem with this particular 'Scenario'... or... if not!... am I supposidly to blindly accept this... 'Non Sequitur'... "state-of-disruptive-affairs" as... a... a'-la-naturale!-event'???. As saying... it is to be... what it is to be!... there simply is... "No-Question?".
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Retributarr wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:43 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:10 am

"terminator post"...
[This is perfectly normal... ]

'Well!!!... It shouldn't be???...No-Das!... No-Das!.. Was Ist Loss???
I "really"... "really"... "really" wanted to 'Play' this 'Scenario'... BUT!!!... got 'Humbugged'... Not-Good!...Not Good!... "Ist Das Ze' End"???.
~~~Is there really an actual problem with this particular 'Scenario'... or... if not!... am I supposidly to blindly accept this... 'Non Sequitur'... "state-of-disruptive-affairs" as... a... a'-la-naturale!-event'???. As saying... it is to be... what it is to be!... there simply is... "No-Question?".
I can see 'Deployment Zones'...There is no problem...The way to reveal the 'Deployment Zones' is to purchase a Unit... :roll:
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

terminator wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:36 pm
terminator post_id=954737 time=1640423447 user_id=27375

"terminator post"_ This is perfectly normal... :roll:
I can see 'Deployment Zones'...There is no problem :roll:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"retributarr"_ Perturbing!... "I"... for as yet... for some 'Unknown-Reason' am 'Unable' to see any 'Deployment Zones' what-so-ever!. I would like to know why this is happening!. Suggestions are welcomed... of course!.

I now know that I definitely have an 'Issue'... that is compromising my 'Game'... that you do not have for yourself 'Terminator'... so!... that being the case... I just need to somehow get to/find out where and what the problem is... and then have it rectified!.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Further 'Deployment' of units explanation:

I see the 'Lined-Demarcated-Outline' of the deployment zone... with the armored-train visually/actually emplaced in that zone... yes!... it is there.
At the same time... there are 'No-Yellow-Hex' placement spots showing for emplacing undeployed units. I have never seen this before!... I don't know what to do!.

-------------Edited Edition: --- "No Deployable Hexes Again!".------------
This below would have been my first save location for this Scenario... but!... I couldn't proceed to play it as... I had no 'Deployable Hex Locations' available to me. So... I saved it anyway for now... with the hope of bringing it back again... once!... and if!... a resolution to this problem is ever worked out!.

Undisclosed Location CZ (Turn 0) _ NO DEPLOY HEXES
This Scenario... is the Fallschirmjägerr training exercise in Czechoslovakia... that I was unable to continue on into.

If anyone else has had this issue... as well as hopefully a 'Fix' for it, I would greatly appreciate it so much!.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

I am now playing 'Axis Operations 1941'... I am presently in 'Yugoslavia' trying to help the 'Italians fix their botched Campaign... so far without their direct assistance.

As i am in the process of acquiring 'Sarajevo and Belgrade'... around turn 12 and 13 or so... my 'Stuka-Dive-Bombers' and my 'Fighters'... at this time in a situation... of clear weather and dry-ground... have now... other than only being able to move... have for some reason become completely useless in offensive combat actions.

It is almost exactly as if they were mired in Rainy-Weather!. This Game is starting to get real-buggy!... what gives here?.

Edit Original Post:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
Just mere minutes after placing the recent above posting... I continued on to the next turn. This time... the weather conditions were... 'Rainy' and 'Dry Ground'. One of my 'Stukas' would/could not sally-forth to make an attack because of the bad weather,.. but!... my 2nd-Stuka flew to its target and gave it a good hammering!.

This is not what should be taking place!... yet!... it is doing just so!... why?.

Edit Post:===============================================================================
Once again!... I have just had another 'Twilight-Zone' experience!. On... "Yugoslavia (Turn 17)"... the weather for the day was indicated as... 'Clear and Dry'. This time, non of my 'Aircraft' would budge, they wouldn't fly?. It was difficult to see on the screen, but it looked like it just might have been raining... it was too hard to make a definitive assessment. This continuing situational behaviour is becoming increasingly 'Bizzar'/Strange/Weird'... and so on. I will keep monitoring the situation.

Just to investigate further... I exited the Game... then re-loaded and then moved on to the next day... "Yugoslavia (Turn 18)"... and this time... still with a 'Clear and Dry' weather forecast... surprise!... this time all-aircraft are finally fully functional again.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Thessaloniki (Turn 16) & Mt.-Olympus:
Again more dysfunctional weather forecasts!. In this Scenario... it states that the weather is 'Clear & Dry', yet I can very-clearly see the 'Rain' as well as hear it pounding away!. All my Aircraft are paralyzed for operational activity in this so called... 'Clear & Dry' weather forecast.

My other angst/beef!... is that this Scenario is way-too wrongly heavily slanted towards the Greek & British strengths. It's been quite a while since I studied the invasion of Greece... but if I recall at all... the Germans swept through it like "S*** through a Goose" in something like 7-10 days... and here I am whacking and thrashing the hell out of the Allied Forces... and at the moment I cant get through the massed elbow to elbow/ bumper to bumper super heavy concentration of British Units to reach 'Thessaloniki Greece'... what insanity is this!. This Scenario needs a 'Major-Overhaul!'.

Otherwise... 'Great-Game!'.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”