Level of difficulty

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

thomasp102
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Level of difficulty

Post by thomasp102 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Been playing PC2 for ten + hours and I am stunned at how difficult this is--even cheating adding over 20,000 prestige and raising my core units to 130 I STILL LOST the
2nd Africa scenario because those far FAR out objectives are saturated with marauding packed tanks. It seems this is simply impossible on normal setting if not then please somebody explain to me how I am supposed to take three separate objectives
that have a combined ten+tanks buried with lots of support while still sliding over on the flank which ate up ten turns alone because of neverending counterattacks. I sent six PVIV G's with artillery support air anti tank and some pioneers and the sheer number of tanks that come out of the woodwork made me cry. How can Anybody possibly solve this with 200 prestige and all tanks and support at 2 or 3? The amount of firepower you need to break thru these defenses is mind boggling--if somebody has a utube of somebody making a quick victory of this t a high difficulty level I would love to see it--as it stands I try racing in gets me wiped out. Taking my time eats UP time and I don't make it with the clock winding down and my having to spend turns rebuilding obliterated units. Go ahead and try and squeeze in a tank on a suicide mission to grab a hex--he'll get encircled and incinerated.
Maybe its me and senility and palsy have weakened my brain and I don't know what I'm doing--I ratchet up my core units to 240 and add in another 60,000 prestige maybe that will do the trick. If you have a vid of a programmer doing this at max difficulty level I would love to watch that.

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Level of difficulty

Post by dalfrede » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm

First, start in Poland and build up your army, and skill level, there is a learning curve.

2nd, BattleAxe and Crusader are defensive scenarios.
You don't attack, you defend, wear down the British Army, and attack after the AI has weaken enough that you can finish it off.
thomasp102 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm
. . . those far FAR out objectives are saturated with marauding packed tanks. It seems this is simply impossible on normal setting if not then please somebody explain to me how I am supposed to take three separate objectives . . .
Let the tanks come to you, let them attack your entrenched infantry with your AT and AA covering fire.
After you have eliminated their Air Force and most of their tanks you go on the offensive and root out their infantry from the VHs.

Spend the first 10 turns defeating their army, the next ten going after the objectives.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:10 pm

admin report

Moved from Tech Support as this is a gameplay question, not technical/hardware issue.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

o_t_d_x
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by o_t_d_x » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Strange: I won everything till moscow in iron man on field marshal in my first try. Ok i didnt go to africa, but facing the soviet armys is not easier. Trust me. :twisted:

Its very important that you understand game mechanics like entranchement, fire support, overrun etc.. First you have to understand that in a defensive mission, its a bad thing to move your troops too much. They dont entrench and so they are much easier to kill. For tanks thats not important, but pak and especially infantry is much better with high entrenchement levels. Of course you need to choose the right spot and terrain, for entrenching units. And if you attack and have to fight ag. many entrenched allied units, you need lotz of pioneers, some flame tanks because they IGNORE entrenchement. Using strong artillery and strategic bombers for reducing enemy entrenchement is helpful too. I have a hero on my strat bomber, so it reduces SIX entrenchement per bombardment. (2 the plane and 4 the hero) The 21 cm artillery reduces 3 entr. levels, the lower ones mostly 2.

Maybe your strategy is wrong for the mission: Sometimes its a good thing to use parachutes for that last far away city. (sometimes its a bloody failure because they have no chance ag. tanks etc. and are easilly cut off supplies of course)
Or maybe you should try bridging units - they can speed up your attack drastically. For example sevastopol: if you fight through the swamp its easy to stop you. If you use bridge eng. you can attack the enemy from the side or even better from behind. Usually there artillery is easy prey in that case. Ok in PC2 its often protected by pak, that i take out with air power normally.

You can experiment with different general traits, they change the game dramatically.

And last but not least: Its a great game that can be won in many different ways. Its good, to fail at the beginning, because its a learning process. Dont give up, learn your lessons, and you will butcher the allies. :mrgreen:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”