funny bug in Belgium

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

funny bug in Belgium

Post by Morris »

during a campaign of Belgium , Axis troops encircled a French S35 tank by conquered all 6hexs around it . But Although the tank was bombed (by 150 cannon )to red , several full strength para(19steps) can not even hurt one step from it . meanwhile it still refuse to surrender . Is it a bug ?
Hexaboo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: funny bug in Belgium

Post by Hexaboo »

Heavier French tanks (Matildas, too) are very thick-skinned, and you have to damage (66% of the unsuppressed strength) a unit to make it retreat/surrender. And German paras aren't exactly masters at attacking armoured targets.

So this is unlikely to be a bug; just keep the encirclement up, and bring in your dedicated tank killers (AT, tactical bombers, PZIII).
prestidigitation
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by prestidigitation »

Somua S35 was an excellent medium tank with quite thick armor for the period. Most of your German tanks won't pen it or will minimally pen it. Use your JU-87B to smash them, or use Panzerjaeger/towed AT to hit them hard with reaction fire on defense. Flak 36 will shred them in AT mode. Your PzIII if fully upgraded should be able to pen it as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOMUA_S35
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Morris wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 am during a campaign of Belgium , Axis troops encircled a French S35 tank by conquered all 6hexs around it . But Although the tank was bombed (by 150 cannon )to red , several full strength para(19steps) can not even hurt one step from it . meanwhile it still refuse to surrender . Is it a bug ?
Just to clarify, you need at least 1 kill to force a unit to surrender, even if it's fully suppressed.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Morris wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 am during a campaign of Belgium , Axis troops encircled a French S35 tank by conquered all 6hexs around it . But Although the tank was bombed (by 150 cannon )to red , several full strength para(19steps) can not even hurt one step from it . meanwhile it still refuse to surrender . Is it a bug ?
Just to clarify, you need at least 1 kill to force a unit to surrender, even if it's fully suppressed.
Problem solved ! Thanks for your advice !

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”