Panzer Corps 2 - Axis Operations DLCs announced

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Redbaron_13
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Axis Operations DLCs announced

Post by Redbaron_13 »

Well, I am excited.

Something different then only a remake of Panzer Corps.
Especially what and how u can play, with allies or other missions then capture all.

I dont particulary care for the Spanish civil war, but am eager to learn more while playing the campaign.

Well done Slitherine!
naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by naughtybalrog »

PanzerCro wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 am
dmwban wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:12 pm Well, Spain was not in Panzercorps but in Panzer General 3D. But only 1 mission afair. I still have the CD but I don't feel like playing it.
I still wait for some allied campaign. I won't buy any Axis content anymore.
Hmm...I think it was Panzer General 2 ;)
Nikivdd created some Spanish scenarios in PC1 and they were fabulous!
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

naughtybalrog wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:16 pm
Nikivdd created some Spanish scenarios and they were fabulous!
I don't think that anyone has contact with "Nikivdd" anymore that I now of?. However... if you can at all remember anything of what he did with his "Spanish scenarios" in PC1... could you please relate what he did and what the differences are as compared to what we have in PzC2!.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 am I don't think that anyone has contact with "Nikivdd" anymore that I now of?.
He has posted in PzC2 Beta and Scenario Design and has a July 21 post in PzC1 Scenario Design. - Soviet Grand Campaign (DLC 37-41 v0.07)
His last post in PzC2 was after a recent update, either June or July.

'MPC '35-'39' includes:
Battle_of_Teruel
Battle_of_the_Ebro
Catalonia_Offensive
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Thank-You!...very-much "dalfrede" for your informational posting!.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Yea I didn't see any Spanish Civil War stuff in old PzC mods. It's part of Soviet GC, well that's kind of ironic, considering Panzer Corps 2 AO GC did something similar, except it's a full campaign played from the other perspective, heh.

Not surprised to see similar battle names either, I wonder how those battles look by comparison? I'm curious enough to look, now that PzC2 SCW is long finished with.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 am He has posted in PzC2 Beta and Scenario Design and has a July 21 post in PzC1 Scenario Design. - Soviet Grand Campaign (DLC 37-41 v0.07)
His last post in PzC2 was after a recent update, either June or July.

'MPC '35-'39' includes:
Battle_of_Teruel
Battle_of_the_Ebro
Catalonia_Offensive
I don't see this content as part of Soviet GC mod. What is the direct link?
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:12 am I don't see this content as part of Soviet GC mod. What is the direct link?
Its two mods, the Soviet is where he last posted.

Here is the MPC with Spain
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 2735+%2739
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:21 am Here is the MPC with Spain
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 2735+%2739
Oh, they are also German perspective scenarios. Well Catalonia is dramatically different that's for sure, heh.
Battle of the Ebro seems to be the near the end of Battle of the Ebro... Republicans look to be controlling the Ebro, and the time for the Nationalist/Condor Legion counterattack response is about to hit them. Seems to match the late stages of the battle with the August date.

Neat, thanks for sharing. =)
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 am Neat, thanks for sharing. =)
No problem, I am always happy to take credit for someone else's hard work :mrgreen:
naughtybalrog

Post by naughtybalrog »

Kerensky wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 am Yea I didn't see any Spanish Civil War stuff in old PzC mods. It's part of Soviet GC, well that's kind of ironic, considering Panzer Corps 2 AO GC did something similar, except it's a full campaign played from the other perspective, heh.

Not surprised to see similar battle names either, I wonder how those battles look by comparison? I'm curious enough to look, now that PzC2 SCW is long finished with.
There were several magnificent Spanish Civil War scenarios in PzC1 designed by the dude himself: Nikivdd!
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

In 20 days ME owners will get 1939 dlc, any info about it? Screenshot, units and scenario list... ?
Please I finished Scw and Im waiting for 1939...
Mikaba

Post by Mikaba »

To all involved in providing this incredible game: I have just finished SCW DLC with a marvelous victory, seeing Republicans and Communists fighting each other and loosing against me in the end. What a rush and what a final fight.
Many thanks for this new experience with allies control and a new very interesting setup in Spain. Would also love to have the same setup later on, and fighting for the anarchists, turning the civil war and making a win for a free world. ;-)
I had many hours of fun and thrill and I am looking forward now to the next part coming soon. Thanks again for this unbelievable entertainment...
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 am In 20 days ME owners will get 1939 dlc, any info about it? Screenshot, units and scenario list... ?
Please I finished Scw and Im waiting for 1939...
All I can say is that it is in testing. Future announcements will come as soon as they are ready. As far as I know, the late August release date still stands.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Mikaba wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:14 pm To all involved in providing this incredible game: I have just finished SCW DLC with a marvelous victory, seeing Republicans and Communists fighting each other and loosing against me in the end. What a rush and what a final fight.
Many thanks for this new experience with allies control and a new very interesting setup in Spain. Would also love to have the same setup later on, and fighting for the anarchists, turning the civil war and making a win for a free world. ;-)
I had many hours of fun and thrill and I am looking forward now to the next part coming soon. Thanks again for this unbelievable entertainment...
Always feels good to receive positive feedback. Thank you for playing the campaign, I'm glad you really enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

And yea, I really like that Madrid 1939 scenario. It really gives a satisfying conclusion to the SCW, both historically and in gameplay. Pretty crazy to think at that point of the war your enemies were turning on each other in their own Civil War... but it really happened. :shock:

I definitely wanted to give that scenario a lot of extra touches, and it's also reflected in briefing and that very.... unusual... debriefing as well. :D
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"Kerensky!"... You see that there are those... and... not in few in number that think that "The Spanish Civil War Campaign"... has had some positive effect in reflecting a more complete picture of WWII.

Quite a long time ago... I submitted something like near a half-a-dozen various contingency operations that the 'Germans' were considering employing... maybe that posting of mine could be looked at again for some consideration in the new 'AO Grand Campaign'.

The one that I liked best... was the German Invasion of Spain... with the ultimate objective of seizing and controlling 'Gibralter'... since 'Franco' was not willing to join the 'Axis' outright for fear of an 'Allied Invasion' on his war-weary Spain after the conclusion of the Civil War!.

Franco... I believe... because of his fears... was not willing to grant passage to the Germans to have access to 'Gibralter'. Hitler wanted 'Gibralter' in order to seal-off the Mediterranean to prevent British access especially to Malta and North Africa. Had that happened... Rommel would have had much less difficulty taking North Africa. The problem now would be... as how now to defend Spain!.

Anyway!... I think that some of those posted pre-planned operations that I submitted... could possibly be used to enhance the Immersion and fun-factor in this Game.
Snake97644

Post by Snake97644 »

Retributarr wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 pm "Kerensky!"... You see that there are those... and... not in few in number that think that "The Spanish Civil War Campaign"... has had some positive effect in reflecting a more complete picture of WWII.

Quite a long time ago... I submitted something like near a half-a-dozen various contingency operations that the 'Germans' were considering employing... maybe that posting of mine could be looked at again for some consideration in the new 'AO Grand Campaign'.

The one that I liked best... was the German Invasion of Spain... with the ultimate objective of seizing and controlling 'Gibralter'... since 'Franco' was not willing to join the 'Axis' outright for fear of an 'Allied Invasion' on his war-weary Spain after the conclusion of the Civil War!.

Franco... I believe... because of his fears... was not willing to grant passage to the Germans to have access to 'Gibralter'. Hitler wanted 'Gibralter' in order to seal-off the Mediterranean to prevent British access especially to Malta and North Africa. Had that happened... Rommel would have had much less difficulty taking North Africa. The problem now would be... as how now to defend Spain!.

Anyway!... I think that some of those posted pre-planned operations that I submitted... could possibly be used to enhance the Immersion and fun-factor in this Game.
I know many folks want the AO to run close to history, so that they can have all the great battles of '44-'45. While I welcome that, think many of use would also like to play some ahistorical campaigns as well. Perhaps after reaching '45, there could be a AO alternative history dlc, that includes such scenarios as Retributarr just mentioned. Since this would be outside of the 'historical' path, the developers could really go wild and explore a range of hypothetical battles. Since it would be an optional dlc, as in after the core AO path completes in 1945, those that are not interested wouldn't be upset as they could simply skip that installment.

I know the PC1 GC had an a historical options in it, so when I 'wild' mean content not covered yet in PC; axis or allied invasion of Spain, a rushed '43 allied invasion of France, a defiant Czechoslovakia, German campaign to the Urals, you name it. The whole goal would be to creat an alternative path that was focused on fun and new or little before seen scenarios.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Snake97644 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 am Perhaps after reaching '45, there could be a AO alternative history dlc, that includes such scenarios as Retributarr just mentioned. Since this would be outside of the 'historical' path, the developers could really go wild and explore a range of hypothetical battles. Since it would be an optional dlc, as in after the core AO path completes in 1945, those that are not interested wouldn't be upset as they could simply skip that installment.

I know the PC1 GC had an a historical options in it, so when I 'wild' mean content not covered yet in PC; axis or allied invasion of Spain, a rushed '43 allied invasion of France, a defiant Czechoslovakia, German campaign to the Urals, you name it. The whole goal would be to creat an alternative path that was focused on fun and new or little before seen scenarios.
I appreciate your enthusiasm "Snake97644"… for...'a rushed '43 allied invasion of France'… but!... with trying to consider 'Hypothetical Campaigns or Scenarios'... they won't have much meaning or impact if they are out of the existing capabilities of the participants to carry out those tasks or operations.

Such as for example... 'a rushed '43 allied invasion of France'… the Allies... The-Americans were not nearly close at all to being prepared or ready for such an early undertaking!.

Most newly constructed landing-craft at that time-frame were being delegated to the 'Pacific-Theatre'... so basically "None or not nearly enough landing-craft were available to be had for an 'Invasion of France!'. So trying to do a 'Hypothetical' of that sort would just not make any sense at all!.

To be 'Meaningful-Hypotheticals'... they need to based on the present existing conditions and operational capabilities of the participating parties involved... as well as the strategic situations [Equipment-Materiale'- Supplies of all sorts and the current Weather-Situation] that existed at that time-period. These new situations need to be as 'Realistic' as they can practically be. Otherwise... what's to be gained from just a 'Pure-Fantasy' situation???.
Snake97644

Post by Snake97644 »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:42 am
Snake97644 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 am Perhaps after reaching '45, there could be a AO alternative history dlc, that includes such scenarios as Retributarr just mentioned. Since this would be outside of the 'historical' path, the developers could really go wild and explore a range of hypothetical battles. Since it would be an optional dlc, as in after the core AO path completes in 1945, those that are not interested wouldn't be upset as they could simply skip that installment.

I appreciate your enthusiasm "Snake97644"… for...'a rushed '43 allied invasion of France'… but!... with trying to consider 'Hypothetical Campaigns or Scenarios'... they won't have much meaning or impact if they are out of the existing capabilities of the participants to carry out those tasks or operations.

Such as for example... 'a rushed '43 allied invasion of France'… the Allies... The-Americans were not nearly close at all to being prepared or ready for such an early undertaking!.

Most newly constructed landing-craft at that time-frame were being delegated to the 'Pacific-Theatre'... so basically "None or not nearly enough landing-craft were available to be had for an 'Invasion of France!'. So trying to do a 'Hypothetical' of that sort would just not make any sense at all!.

To be 'Meaningful-Hypotheticals'... they need to based on the present existing conditions and operational capabilities of the participating parties involved... as well as the strategic situations [Equipment-Materiale'- Supplies of all sorts and the current Weather-Situation] that existed at that time-period. These new situations need to be as 'Realistic' as they can practically be. Otherwise... what's to be gained from just a 'Pure-Fantasy' situation???.
I agree that the allies were not prepared for a '43 landing, and I think it would not have faired well. However I would not call it pure-fantasy either. Reading Marshall and Alan Brooke's memoirs, it was clear that the allies were thinking about the possibility of having to invade in '43 if things deteriorated on the Eastern Front. Luckily for them that contingency was shelved after the Soviet's success at Kursk.
However your point is taken that it might not be the best choice for an alternative history dlc.
Tumnog

Post by Tumnog »

looking forward to the next (1939) DLC! ETA is Aug 27 or thereabouts right? Any previews/something for me to click on? Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Tumnog on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”