Building in a City Immediately After Capturing it.

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

BrutalReaper
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Building in a City Immediately After Capturing it.

Post by BrutalReaper » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:50 pm

I just lost two multiplayer games in 3 turns or less last night. There was no way to stop it from happening. The other players used paratroopers to land in an airport, move to the city next to it, built a new paratrooper, and sent them off to another city. They captured enough victory cities that it was all over with. It was an impressive tactic to say the least. However, there needs to be a rule change. As it stands now, when you capture a city behind enemy lines you could build 5 Tiger IIs around the city in the same turn (or whatever units you wanted obv). It breaks the game. I really wish the Devs would change the rules so you have to wait 2 turns to build like you did in Panzer Corps 1.

Just my 2 cents.

PoorOldSpike
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Building in a City Immediately After Capturing it.

Post by PoorOldSpike » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Yes, and like I said in another thread, it'd be a good idea for the devs to create new small cheap, 1-slot cost "Security units" (for all nationalities) in a future patch which we could purchase and leave in rear objective cities and airfields etc to act as "garrisons" to prevent enemy paras and recon units walking in unopposed.
That way, the enemy units would hopefully be delayed just long enough by the Security unit for us to be able to buy and deploy stronger units in and around the threatened city/airfield to deal with the threat.
At the moment we can use cheap Bridging units as security garrisons, but it's kinda unrealistic to have Bridgers all over the place, hence the need for a "proper" new Security unit..:)

WIKI- The Wehrmacht security divisions were set up at the beginning of 1941 and were intended to perform policing, security and counter-insurgency duties in the rear of the main German field armies, they were not well equipped like front line troops.
Last edited by PoorOldSpike on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tanks were invented to make war more fun

BrutalReaper

Post by BrutalReaper » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:23 pm

PoorOldSpike wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:19 pm
Yes, and like I said in another thread, it'd be a good idea for the devs to create new small cheap, 1-slot cost "Security units" in a future patch which we could purchase and leave in rear objective cities and airfields etc to act as "garrisons" to prevent enemy paras and recon units walking in unopposed.
That way, the enemy units would hopefully be delayed just long enough by the Security unit for us to be able to buy and deploy stronger units in and around the threatened city/airfield to deal with the threat.
At the moment we can use cheap Bridging units as security garrisons, but it's kinda unrealistic to have Bridgers all over the place, hence the need for a "proper" new Security unit..:)
I like that idea as well.

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:42 pm

Actually both of your suggestions need to happen.

When the devs in all their single player only wisdom decided that paratroops should be able to land AND move in the same turn we have a multiplayer problem. Also they used to have suppression when they landed as well! Maybe... I dunno... to simulate how disorganized paratroopers are when they first land...

When the devs in all their single player only wisdom decided that you can build units immediately after capturing on the same turn we have a multiplayer problem.

Combine all of this and we have bad game mechanics that allow for the cheap and gamey tactics you describe.

BrutalReaper

Post by BrutalReaper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:24 pm

a432 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:42 pm
Actually both of your suggestions need to happen.

When the devs in all their single player only wisdom decided that paratroops should be able to land AND move in the same turn we have a multiplayer problem. Also they used to have suppression when they landed as well! Maybe... I dunno... to simulate how disorganized paratroopers are when they first land...

When the devs in all their single player only wisdom decided that you can build units immediately after capturing on the same turn we have a multiplayer problem.

Combine all of this and we have bad game mechanics that allow for the cheap and gamey tactics you describe.
What I would like to see is the suppression and not being able to move after landing brought back. Also, Maybe change the build mechanics so you cannot build in a city that is out of supply from your victory cities, or new units units deploy to the edges of the map when purchased. This would force players to keep rail and roads open to move units to the front. It is crazy that you can take a city behind enemy lines and drop 5 Tiger 2s around it.

Rifraff
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Rifraff » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Going first has never been a bigger advantage. Nothing player two can do to stop it, they should be able to counter it.

DerKeyser
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by DerKeyser » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Agreed - the instant manufactoring capability of supply cities complete skews the “realism” of the game. Manufactoring capability should be delayed to three turns after capture, and also require supply lines to initial HQ city to be open during that time.

scorehouse
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by scorehouse » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:51 am

can you please define "building in a city" and give an example how you do it after capturing it? speaking of airfields. is there a way to capture planes or do they always fly away? tHANKS

dalfrede
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by dalfrede » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:36 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:51 am
can you please define "building in a city" and give an example how you do it after capturing it? speaking of airfields. is there a way to capture planes or do they always fly away? tHANKS
After deployment phase units can be deployed [only] on supply hexes in cities. See Norway North.

There is no way to capture planes, they either crash or fly away.
If the scenario designer places a cache of planes one could capture that.
In AO:SCW you can 'buy' caches of 'captures' that include planes.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:51 am
can you please define "building in a city" and give an example how you do it after capturing it?..

Okay, this is at the start of a random mission, I've just bought something on the purchase screen and the yellow hexes around the supply city on the left show me where I can deploy it, because that's the only supply city I own.
('Supply cities' are the ones with a half-moon shape inside and a border around the perimeter.)-

Below: However, I then move my armoured car (red arrow) into the supply city on the right and get yellow hexes around it to show I can deploy purchased units in those yellow hexes now that I've captured it.
In a sense, it's kinda like a realistic 'blitzkrieg' tactic because if there's no enemy in front of you, you can streak from supply city to supply city to supply city in a 'spearhead thrust', buying and deploying around newly-captured cities as you go..:)

"When armoured formations are out on the loose, they must be given the green light to the end of the road"- Gen. Heinz Guderian

scorehouse
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by scorehouse » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:00 pm

thanks does this only work with the auxillary option so you can purchase more units? at the start of a campaign i rarely select it and use all my slots to at the beginnning of each battle.

PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:33 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:00 pm
thanks does this only work with the auxillary option so you can purchase more units? at the start of a campaign i rarely select it and use all my slots to at the beginnning of each battle.

Sorry I know zilch about campaign play because I only play random generated missions, but I think the procedure is the same, namely-
1- Drive into a city to capture it.
2- Go to the purchase screen and buy a unit to deploy in (or around) it, (if you can afford it and if there are enough available slots.)

TIP- if you're short on cash and slots, disband (sell) some light units to raise cash to buy heavier ones.
(To disband, move a unit into a supply city and disband it next turn)

dalfrede
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by dalfrede » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:41 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:00 pm
If you hold back units, ie don't deploy then it will work.

in Norway North you can deploy only 4 unit [in sea transport].
You must capture a supply hex to deploy the rest of your core.
So yes it applies to any campaign, some scenarios recommend doing it.
But most players do not do it often.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

scorehouse
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by scorehouse » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:56 am

that Norway North. the defending infantry is hell. i use overstrengthed Pioneers too.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”