Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock comes to an end on September 24th

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock comes to an end on September 24th

Post by AlbertoC »

On September 24th Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock comes to an end with the release of the last two DLCs, Armistice and Modern Ships Pack, and the free Daybreak update.

Following the Ghost Fleet Offensive, the Cylons are losing their iron grip on the war.
But when whispers of a new super weapon reach the Colonial Fleet, BSG-75 embarks on a race against time to uncover the Cylon secret, and prevent the annihilation of the human race...

Features
⦁ New 8-mission story campaign, set at the final days of the First Cylon War.
⦁ 9 new resource missions, which can be used in any Season Two campaign.
⦁ 3 new music tracks by composer Ash Gibson Grieg

The Final Chapter
Armistice is an explosive 8-mission story campaign that brings Season Two of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock to a thrilling conclusion! Unravel Clothos’ plot for dominion, and take part in the legendary Operation Raptor Talon.

New Resource Mission
Nine resource missions available for you to challenge in any Season Two story campaign.

New Music
Three epic musical pieces from award-winning composer Ash Gibson Greig that bring the world of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock to life.

From the behemoth Mercury class battlestar, to the iconic Modern Basestar, this ship pack contains six ships of the modern era of Battlestar Galactica. These ships can be used in Skirmish, Multiplayer and Anabasis.

Please note that these ships are not playable in the story campaigns.

Colonial Ships

Colonial Mercury - Heavy Modern Battlestar
The Mercury class battlestar is a pinnacle of Colonial Fleet naval engineering. Equipped with unprecedented armour and firepower, the Mercury is perhaps best known for its stacked inverted ventral flightpods for exceptional fighter support.

Colonial Valkyrie - Support Battlestar
The Battlestar Valkyrie is a type of battlestar that would prove popular in the years following the First Cylon War. Its small frame is heavily armed, allowing for a highly maneuverable artillery package.

Colonial Viper Mk VII - Modern Space Superiority Fighter
The unparalleled Colonial fighter.

Cylon Ships

Cylon Modern Basestar - Command Ship
Unlike their predecessors, these basestars relied solely on missile and fighter deployments for protection. These modern basestar utilised an organic hull resin, which allowed structural damage to be repaired quickly.

Cylon Guardian Basestar - Basestar Prototype
Although the development of this basestar is shrouded in secrecy, it is understood that it escaped Operation Raptor Talon with the prophetic Hybrid prototype, and a cadre of Centurions.

Modern Raider - Modern Cylon Fighter
The ultimate evolution of Cylon fighter technology.

Daybreak Free Update

Photo Mode
Pause the action during your replays, and capture stunning screenshots of your epic battles. Features a host of customization tools, including fly-through camera controls, depth of field, colour balancing, and filters. PC users can also use their favourite captures as loading screens!

Increase Fleet Caps
The caps for fleet composition have been increased to 16k points and 10 ships for Skirmish, Multiplayer, and Operation Anabasis. Multiplayer includes two new fleet point tiers (12k and 16k) for matches.

Multiplayer Enhancements
Three new modes to play BSGD multiplayer:

⦁ Demolition In Demolition mode one fleet is tasked with destroying a mission critical station; the other with defending it at all costs. The attacking player wins if the station is destroyed.
⦁ Extraction. A refugee fleet of defectors is ambushed while their FTL drives are spooling. In Extraction the defending player wins when at least one civilian ship jumps out of the battle.
⦁ Propaganda. A strategic satellite relay is ready to broadcast your political manifesto, but you will have to fight for control of the network. The more satellites you control, the faster your opponents counter decreases. The match ends when one player’s counter reaches zero. The player with the most points wins.

Also included in the update are:
⦁ Custom team colours to select your own personal style.
⦁ More co-operative mode Cylon fleets to choose from and challenge.

Fleet Builder Improvements
Quality of life improvements to the Fleet Builder UI to make composing your epic fleets faster. Also includes more filter options when searching for your favourite build.

Accuracy Printout Panel
When selecting a Focus Fire target, information will be displayed for any weapon type that can hit that target, including your current accuracy rating versus that particular opponent.

Pre-Battle Fleet List
While fighting the Cylons in any of the story campaigns, you can now view your fleet list before proceeding to the upcoming battle.

Combat Balancing
A whole host of updates and balancing changes, including:
⦁ Exclusion ranges for Tactical Jump,
⦁ Reworking of the Irradiated Clusterbomb and EMP mechanics,
⦁ Subsystem Repair Rate boost added to the Defender’s Tech Support ability,
⦁ Mines can now be disarmed mid-armament,
⦁ Plus many more balance updates for Cylon and Colonial fleets!

Performance Improvements
We’ve performed a raft of bug fixes and performance improvements for all platforms.

Some examples of Photo Mode shots:

Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock comes to an end on September 24th

Post by Commander Scott »

Holy frak! This is something else.

I have some questions though:

1. Are PS4 and Xbox One players getting this at the same time as PC players?
2. Does the increased fleet cap not apply to campaign officers? I'm sure most of us were looking forward to expanding those fleets.
3. Can we get a rundown of the modern ship stats, armour, weapons, squadrons etc. over the next few like weeks, like with the Spacedock Proving Grounds videos of the past?

As a closing note, I'd just like to thank everyone involved in bringing Deadlock to life. This game has given me more satisfaction than any so called Triple A game has for decades. Everyone involved has done themselves proud, and I hope that since there is no mention of this being the end, that a third season is waiting over the horizon, just beyond Admiral Adama's easterly view.
Last edited by Commander Scott on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Say We All!
psxyke
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by psxyke »

I was really excited until i saw this:

These ships are not playable in the story campaigns

I only play the campaign :cry: I continually play random battles with my fleets 8) :cry:

Won't there be a new ship for us?
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

Every time you guys release an update/ dlc you knock it out of the park. Every time!
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

After reading the information about the end of season I needed to point out that the Valkyrie should be available in the campaign game. I think the devs have there information wrong there as proven with information links below.

The Valkyrie was available in the first cylon war at the start and was still in use at the start of the 2nd war yes over time it had had first cylon war in war updates and after first cylon war up to the fall to keep its systems up to modern standards sadly it was one of the first battlestar to be deactivate due to the CNP backdoor the ones over caprica was shutdown very quick at the start of the 2nd war.

Read backup information on Dev mistake with Valkyrie below.

https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki ... the%20rear.

https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/Valkyrie

https://galactica.fandom.com/wiki/Valkyrie

Now to the MERCURY CLASS battlestar

I do hope they have got this right the Pegasus has 30 twin mounts and 4 fixed twin mounts

Each side it has 9 Battlestar artillery that's 18 total. It has a 30 degree up angle fire arc and 45 degree down angle firing arc each this is from natural 0 degree vertical angle starting arc. Each of the 6 battlestar artillery on each sides of the gator head 60 left and right movement arc.

Now as you may know that on the sides if the battlestar artillery group which is in group of 2 that can move one turret left and one turret right a 90 degree arc this is so if there is heavy ordinance incoming it is moved in to a protected position Nuke hits.

See picture below on above information

Now the 3 Battlestar artillery that point out from the flight pods each side have the same 30 degrees up angle arc as the ones on the gator head of Pegasus and 45 degree down angle fire arc same as the gator head but with greater left and right firing movements of 90 degrees left or right this is because they are in in the same 2 artillery groups that are on the gator head but single group setup

See picture below on above information

Now for the 4 twin movable mounts in the mouth of the gator head the 2 outer battlestar artillery on each side can move 90 degrees to there sides outer gator head to help both left or right sides other artillery if need be they can turn in 90 degrees also when at 45 degrees firing down arc.

The 2 centre battlestar artillery can move 45 degrees to face towards the gator horizontal edge from standard strait forward stance but at 45 degrees firing down arc the 2 inner battlestar artillery both have the same 90 degree arc left and right as the outer 2 artillery.

See picture below for information above.
the 4 fixed twin mounts are 4 forward facing round battlestar artillery cannon holes firing arc strait ahead.

See picture below for information above.
Rear facing 2 battlestar artillery on the back of each hanger pod nothing is know about the left and right firing arc of theses but I would think the battlestar artillery close to the edge of the flight pods could round to help the other artillery on the centre of the hanger pods but for the inner battlestar artillery firing arc is not know that also goes for the up and down firing arc of the 2 rear facing battlestar artillery each side.

See picture below on information above.

Forward facing 2 battlestar artillery each side this is also a unknown but I would think the 2 outer edge forward facing artillery can swing to help the 3 centre flight pod hanger deck battlestar artillery
but like the rear facing hanger pods battlestar artillery the up and down firing arc not known and left and right angle not know.

See picture below on information above.

So the Mercury class or Pegasus has total 30 twin battlestar artillery and 4 fixed mounts at the front battlestar artillery total of 34 which is correct with information links below.

https://galactica.fandom.com/wiki/Pegasus

https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/Pegasus_(TRS)

I do hope the DEVS get this right.
Attachments
gator head side artillery
gator head side artillery
bsg1.png (844.54 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

extra pictures
Attachments
side pod flight deck artillery
side pod flight deck artillery
bsg 2.png (690.82 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pics
Attachments
forward gator head artillery
forward gator head artillery
bsg 3.png (849.91 KiB) Viewed 5865 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pics
Attachments
4 fixed twin artillery
4 fixed twin artillery
bsg 4.png (578.72 KiB) Viewed 5864 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pic
Last edited by oregonuk on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pic
Attachments
bsg 5.png
bsg 5.png (688.54 KiB) Viewed 5862 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pic
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

pics
Attachments
flight pods front artillery
flight pods front artillery
bsg 6.png (991.95 KiB) Viewed 5935 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

side artillery
Attachments
flight pod flight deck artillery
flight pod flight deck artillery
bsg 2.png (690.82 KiB) Viewed 5933 times
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Hey OregonUK, good to see a fellow Brit here. :)

Unfortunately, for what I can only assume are balancing issues, the artillery loadout is completely different on the DLC Mercury.

I’ve taken a couple of pictures from the teaser trailer, and highlighted the batteries as best I can. The main thing to note is that whilst I can’t get a clear shot of them, the port and starboard weapons are clearly point defence batteries based on the five distinct outgoing rounds coming from the starboard pod in the first image. There are also two battlestar artillery guns tucked away in the valley on the underside of the alligator head as well that are difficult to see.

- Identifiable Mercury-class Gun Emplacements - (click image to enlarge)
Image Image

Based on other pictures I’ve found around the web, I don’t think the Mercury will have her four fixed heavy cannons, which is a massive shame since those were the ship’s party piece.

A good selection of images from both DLC packs can be found at the links below.

Steam Store - BSG Deadlock: Armistice
Steam Store - BSG Deadlock: Modern Ships Pack
So Say We All!
MichaelBilby
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by MichaelBilby »

Hi there folks, this my first time making a post on the BSG: Deadlock forum

I have some concerns regarding a screenshot showing the Guardian Basestar model on your steam page for the Modern Ship Pack, it seems almost identical to a model made for the Fall of Kobol mod for Sins of the Solar Empire with a slightly different texture added to it, here is a link to the post of the model in question https://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-of-kobo ... /#7763657 .
Is this merely a placeholder model until the final one is complete? And if so will it actually look like the one created for Razor by Pierre Drolet, which I've included some renders he made of it below:
Image Image Image
Attachments
ca821f59498277378bf32edc8e61c862.jpg
ca821f59498277378bf32edc8e61c862.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
BSG_38.jpg
BSG_38.jpg (74.89 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
ca821f59498277378bf32edc8e61c862.jpg
ca821f59498277378bf32edc8e61c862.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 5831 times
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

Scott I was just pointing out how the pegasus actually is in show and model now the information is out there for the devs to do it right.

I did notice that the Mercury class in the video was wrong that is why I did the post and the back up info to show the right layout.

And for the valkyrie it should have been in the campaign from the start it was there at the start of the first war and I backed this up with the information this proves the devs are not doing there homework on the two above matters at least.

I wonder if the devs have see any bsg show or looked at models of the ships that are available and show how the ships should look and be set out big mistake.
MichaelBilby

Post by MichaelBilby »

oregonuk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm Scott I was just pointing out how the pegasus actually is in show and model now the information is out there for the devs to do it right.

I did notice that the Mercury class in the video was wrong that is why I did the post and the back up info to show the right layout.

And for the valkyrie it should have been in the campaign from the start it was there at the start of the first war and I backed this up with the information this proves the devs are not doing there homework on the two above matters at least.

I wonder if the devs have see any bsg show or looked at models of the ships that are available and show how the ships should look and be set out big mistake.
Black Lab has always said it strives for accuracy, but puts gameplay above lore.

Not only that, a lot of the BSG fans see Blood and Chrome as non-canonical due to inconsistences, like the wreck of the Acheron which was shown as a Jupiter class Battlestar being called a "Heavy Cruiser", the overkillstar and the usage of the Valkyrie which is both far to advanced for a first war ship and was a case of CGI artists or studio execs being too lazy, before you say well the could have upgraded it etc, the class would have been phased out before the second war due to being 40 years old like what was happening with the Galactica so we couldn't have seen it being used in The Plan, Razor or in Season 3
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

MichaelBilby wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:05 pm Hi there folks, this my first time making a post on the BSG: Deadlock forum

I have some concerns regarding a screenshot showing the Guardian Basestar model on your steam page for the Modern Ship Pack, it seems almost identical to a model made for the Fall of Kobol mod for Sins of the Solar Empire with a slightly different texture added to it, here is a link to the post of the model in question https://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-of-kobo ... /#7763657 .
Is this merely a placeholder model until the final one is complete?
I thought something felt off, yet familiar about the Guardian Basestar model. Good catch, Mr. Bilby.
oregonuk wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm Scott I was just pointing out how the pegasus actually is in show and model now the information is out there for the devs to do it right.
Ah, my apologies mate. I misread the intent of your post.
MichaelBilby wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:19 pm Black Lab has always said it strives for accuracy, but puts gameplay above lore.

Not only that, a lot of the BSG fans see Blood and Chrome as non-canonical due to inconsistences, like the wreck of the Acheron which was shown as a Jupiter class Battlestar being called a "Heavy Cruiser", the overkillstar and the usage of the Valkyrie which is both far to advanced for a first war ship and was a case of CGI artists or studio execs being too lazy, before you say well the could have upgraded it etc, the class would have been phased out before the second war due to being 40 years old like what was happening with the Galactica so we couldn't have seen it being used in The Plan, Razor or in Season 3
Here’s the thing though, whether some fans think Blood & Chrome is non-canon is immaterial. It may present a gratuitously overdesigned version of Galactica festooned with oversized CGI sets that cannot possibly depict how she really appeared at that time, but we can’t just decide it’s not canon. If we were the ones declaring what is and isn’t canon, we’d never have a level playing field for conversations like this. :)

Now I’ll be honest, if the new series being produced by Sam Esmail ends up being a wartime one, and he decides that Blood & Chrome is no longer canon, I’d be fine with that. But there’s still the case of two Valkyrie-type battlestars appearing in the Caprica episode Retribution at the Caprica City Interplanetary Spaceport. Her pre-war existence also provides a perfect explanation as to why she wasn’t slated for retirement at the time of the fall. Not only would she be built to spec without the desperate push to get her into the war, she would also have been designed to use the advanced technology that Galactica deliberately lacked, making her class a perfect candidate to undergo the kind of post war tech upgrades that ultimately doomed the Twelve Colonies.
So Say We All!
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

You are very right the valkyrie is in caprica and that is before the first war. But I read somewhere I wish I could find it to post it.

But the info I read went along these lines.

The valkyrie was still in service at the fall because it was a cheap but powerful battlestar in comparison to galactica jupiter class or pegasus Mercury class in cost and the adar administration was big on cost cutting when and before he came to power as president.

So its in life upgrades where always a cheaper option and cheaper than keeping the jupiter updated past it mk2 version that's why the Mercury class was built in the end bigger more powerful so more bang for cubits.

At the fall there was more valkyrie in service than jupiter and Mercury class combined.

The two valkyrie over caprica moved in to challenge the cylons when they jumped in to caprican air space both of the valkyries sent there whole air groups out and then both moved to engage but the CNP shut both air groups down without a shot fired and the valkyries fell dormant before all was destroyed.

One good thing if the devs need to watch the bsg Ronald d version to do things right and any devs in the UK.

bsg is being shown on BBC 2 and watch the whole lot on iplayer the ships the armaments and the way they look is there for all to see so enjoy.
Last edited by oregonuk on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fisher2000 »

I'm loving the idea of returning to Ragnar Anchorage. It did feel like we had unfinished business with the station. That's a good gods damn call! Also, love the image of Columbia. I really hope this isn't the last DLC. If anything can we have DLC that fills the story in between the campaign again?

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”