Modern Basestar is basically useless, needs buff

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
reddingj1949
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Modern Basestar is basically useless, needs buff

Post by reddingj1949 »

The model for the Modern Basestar is absolutely gorgeous. However, when it comes to actual combat practicality, it is severely lacking. Only 2 missile slots? No replenishing munitions? A very short range hack? 4 squadron slots is the only thing about the ship that is practical. I was able to take out 4 Modern Basestars with just one Mercury, and I don't think that should be the case. 3 missile slots and replenishing munitions like the Argos would be a good start, but what else?
BossDos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Modern Basestar is basically useless, needs buff

Post by BossDos »

No it neither is useless or needs a buff. Maybe a small one would be oke, maybe larger munition supplies or a third munition slot.

You got something right, yes you can defeat multiple Basestars quite easily with a Mercury or even a Jupiter.
Basestars are not mainline warships, they are missile carrier hybrids. They can't keep up in a heads up battle.

They can field huge amounts of raiders and a devasting missile barrage. Put up a screen for them, give them cruisers to take the punch for them.
Or field them with nemesis corvettes that hack the shit out of the enemy so they cant field flak. Flak is your greatest enemy with a basestar because it cancels both of your only strong points, missiles and raiders.

Pair them with phobos cruisers, they can hack, got an jump and missiles, too.
Pair them with revenants so you got a frontline attackship.

Put your basestar at range, thats your strenght.
And employ hit and run tactics, your jump range is extensive, use it.
Draw flak to one side, jump on the other and missile barrage the living frak out of them, then run.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Modern Basestar is basically useless, needs buff

Post by oregonuk »

I think the modern Basestar needs3 missiles slots but i think with it being modern it should replenishing for sure to make it better the mercury needs a large dense flack field not the small one it has now it should be big like the Jupiter and the Jupiter 2 but thick and dense.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

I
Last edited by oregonuk on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”