Multiplayer on xbox

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Maddogs1989
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Multiplayer on xbox

Post by Maddogs1989 »

Are there any plans to put multiplayer on xbox?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Multiplayer on xbox

Post by Shards »

Hi Maddogs!

We're hoping to have that available soon. It's a bit more of a challenge on consoles, but I think the team are up to it!
cankre
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by cankre »

Wait.... same price as PC, but no multiplayer??? Really?
Rebel Yell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rebel Yell »

blacklab wrote: Multiplayer support didn't make it into the 1.0 console versions, but will be added soon.
asadexes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by asadexes »

please add it!
ChevronOneEncoded
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by ChevronOneEncoded »

blacklab wrote:
Multiplayer support didn't make it into the 1.0 console versions, but will be added soon.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

I can assure you that we're still working on it, but there's a few niggle with the way that Xbox insist that MP works that we haven't ironed out yet

Thanks,
asadexes

Post by asadexes »

Any news about?
I bought this game for MP battles!!!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've had it rejected twice since the last update because of weird special cases where you can invite people from other games while a 3rd person is doing something else. I don't really understand to be honest but its been a massive pain :( You have these weird system that almost nobody uses and will be unlikely to happen in real situations but they are TRC failures so Microsoft reject them. Its very annoying that it doesn't work out the box when using 3rd party engines and MP systems :(

We're still trying to fix it but we had to get Broken Alliance out the way so hopefully we'll have another bash now.
ebarnabas

Post by ebarnabas »

Still 'no go' on this, then?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Actually we fixed it and its releasing today! :)
ebarnabas

Post by ebarnabas »

Great work, well done guys!
Banzai888
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Banzai888 »

Thanks for adding multiplayer, the game is really polished. But the multiplayer part feels a bit tacky, could we please have a leader board like most other multiplayer games?

Also the rank through xp gained in multiplayer is okay but is a poor reflection on who is a better commander. As its not based on win rate, any idiot could play 100 games losing two third of his matches and have higher rank than a commander who played 30 games winning them all. It does not foster competitive spirit, challenging players to get better. In other games when people see they are just under there friends on the leader board, it encourages them to play more so they can have bragging rights. If people see there friends always playing this game on there friends list they are far more likely to also get the game. I really feel multiplayer is a massive selling point to this game that could be better used.

In addition when I told my friend about this game, he had a lot of trouble finding the game in the store. Perhaps if you make it easier for people to find we can help your sales. I want you to succeed, because you made a great product that deserves to be rewarded.
Banzai888

Post by Banzai888 »

What would make it even cooler and look really polished, is if there was two leader boards. One for Colonial and another for Cylons. Displaying all the players win and loss records.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”