Anabasis manual & rules&

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Anabasis manual & rules&

Post by SiegeRollout »

Just finished Jump2, but I'm unclear on how some thing works. The Game Manual button on the main loader doesnt work, and I cannot find anything online.

Namely,
-- How is salvage calculated? If I destroy more Cylon cap ships, does that increase my salvage points going into the next jump?
-- Where is the Save button? It's gone, and I just did a refit/resupply, and when I started game all my changes were lost and I had to start over again
-- how to claim satellites? Saw a +4 CIC bonus, so I moved a squadron within the circle and nothing happened to my cap ships abilities. Do I have to use a cap ship to claim?
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Anabasis manual & rules&

Post by GHawkins »

SiegeRollout wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:24 pm -- How is salvage calculated? If I destroy more Cylon cap ships, does that increase my salvage points going into the next jump?
At the moment, our assumption is that more kills equals more salvage. However, we (by which I mean the regulars on Discord) have not yet gone into the depth of it, so at the moment we haven't confirmed it.
SiegeRollout wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:24 pm -- Where is the Save button? It's gone, and I just did a refit/resupply, and when I started game all my changes were lost and I had to start over again
Your game is automatically saved at the start of each jump. This means that when you start Anabasis again, you should be able to continue at the start of jump 3. Any changes you did in the deployment of Jump 3 will be reverted however, although you should also be refunded salvage if you used it.
SiegeRollout wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:24 pm -- how to claim satellites? Saw a +4 CIC bonus, so I moved a squadron within the circle and nothing happened to my cap ships abilities. Do I have to use a cap ship to claim?
Only capital ships are capable of capturing a satellite. Just park the ship next to it and it'll show a progress bar. The bonus (in your case +4 CIC) will only apply to the capturing ship however.

Hope that helps.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout »

That does indeed help, and seems to follow what I'm seeing in game play.
SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout »

Well, maybe not? At Jump9, I didn't destroy a single Cylon capital ship, at best tore up some of their heavy raiders attempting boardings. When I got to the next location, it had a Repair opportunity but I somehow had 178 salvage?

At locations marked "Respite", which I think has a favorable, delayed Cylon Reinforcement, it says "the time is used wisely, extracting every scrap available", implying that perhaps the longer you spend at a location before jumping out, there is also a time element where longer stays before jumping out increases salvage?

I've seen "hull only" wrecks & satellites that don't otherwise impart bonuses to the capital ship "capturing" it. If I move a capital ship next to for example an Adamant wreckage, do I get salvage points? Do I get more salvage points if I capture an Adamant wreckage versus a Manticore?

I really wish Slitherine would share some minimal info on how these DLCs work if there isn't going to be any help screens in the game.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”