The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Many of you have been waiting for this: we are announcing the new tournament of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, the first since the start of Season 2. You can find terms and conditions down below and we hope many of you will sign-up and have fun. So say we all!
- 1 Week per round. Not showing up or organising a match within the 1 week timeframe will result in the participant(s) being disqualified
- All participants are to join the BSG:D Discord to be able to take part. You need to write in the Tournament Applications channel and give us through Discord the following info: Discord nickname, Steam username and time zone
- 32 players single elimination, using the two brackets as per the last tournament. The tournament could be expanded to 64 players depending on the number of signups
- Semi-finals and finals are best of 3 matches
- Caught instances of directly and maliciously breaking the rules (including cheating) will result in an immediate disqualification
- Participants are welcome (and encouraged) to stream their matches, but do so at their own discretion. This is not mandatory
- Participants are to agree upon a time and date of their match publicly during the week of their round. EG: Participant 1 & 2 agree to play at 18:00 GMT on Thursday 31/10/19. Once the match is set up at the agreed upon time, the creator of the room is to wait 10 minutes. If the opponent has not arrived by that point, the opponent will be disqualified unless both participants agree to reorganise the match within the 1 week time frame. A match may be reorganised only once
- BOTH participants must take a pre and post-game screenshot of their match, regardless of streaming. The pre-game screenshot is to show both players in the room with the tournament settings (8k, 180s, Refinery) whilst the post-game match shows the victory (or defeat screen). An unedited version of this screenshot is to be sent directly to Sir Wagglepuss III on Discord
- If one of the participants quits during a match due to elements outside of their control, an immediate rematch can be done only at the consent of both participants, otherwise the match is given to the participant who remains
- Any disputes are to be brought to Sir Wagglepuss III, or the moderation team. The moderation team's word is final on any disputes
- 8k fleet points
- 180 seconds turn timer
- The Map of choice is Refinery
- No more than 2 of the same capital ships per fleet
- Participants are free to change their fleets between matches so long as they are in accordance with the above rule
- Participants do not need to announce their fleet beforehand, so long as the fleet they field is in accordance with the above rules
- Signups starting on Tuesday 29th October 2019
- The tournament begins on Monday 4th November 2019, with 1 week for each round of the tournament
- The tournament should last for 4-6 weeks depending on the number of participants
The tournament champion will receive a brand-new copy of Ares Games’ amazing tabletop boardgame, Battlestar Galactica Starship Battles. The runner-up will win a set of ship miniatures from the board game.