Taipans and arps

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Gryphon_Space
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Taipans and arps

Post by Gryphon_Space » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Something I reccomend the devs try out is taipans + arp paint target, if they haven't already, as when combined the taipans effective DPS goes to ridiculous levels, just because it's now accurate (*For those who don't know a raptor can paint target on squadrons, but it doesn't stack.*).
Now am I saying to nerf this... no what I am trying to do is show that the taipan doesn't step on any arp toes, but gives it a second foot. Worst case though a slight base accuracy nerf to the taipan but this combo is so expensive it balances out.
What I reccomend to be used for this from personal experience is a ratio of 1 arp to every 2 taipans and you'll find the arps extra foot may allow for another partial anticapital squadron.
For example a viper mk3 that's worse at air supremacy than a mk2 but better than a mk1, (*think 360ms speed*) but also comes with some short ranged but powerful missiles for say.... 1 salvo but it does solid damage, but say the guns so more damage per shot with a slight accuracy nerf compared to the viper mk2, to balance out anti squadron dps.

Sincerely the 4th IL Commodore.

Gryphon_Space
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Taipans and arps

Post by Gryphon_Space » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:55 pm

Perhaps this wasn't the best topic name looking back st this. Oh well.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”