Potential changes for offline skirmish?

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
Panzer_Spaniard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Potential changes for offline skirmish?

Post by Panzer_Spaniard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 pm

War Games Request:

Is there any way to have the Skirmish mode (offline) match some of the schema for the single player campaign? I have bee making an attempt at recreating fleets from my SP game sin Skirmish to duke it out and practice scenarios, but it is beginning to fall short as I can only achieve a +/- 4 posture and there are no overall officer buffs.

Could an option be added for leveled officers, posture past the base +4, and possibly a "Daidalos" option that adds the station to a fleet and removes costs for upgrades, purely as a method for conducting practical wargames that mimic the SP game and allow people to do tactical practice without having to save scrum.

The other side of this request is the ability to practice with ship veterancy, such as, "what will my surviving adamant and berzerk class ships perform like when they reach elite?".

The ability to conduct true to life tactical wargames would be fantastic, the Colonial posture limitations and lack of officer influence in skirmish feels detached from how the game feels when you're in the command seat.

Thanks for reading!

So Say We All
Lt. Duran
Battlestar Trajan
BSG-91

Gryphon_Space
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Potential changes for offline skirmish?

Post by Gryphon_Space » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:33 pm

perhaps have a separate version of skirmish called something like simulation for this to not exclude us MP folk

Panzer_Spaniard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Panzer_Spaniard » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Gryphon_Space wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:33 pm
perhaps have a separate version of skirmish called something like simulation for this to not exclude us MP folk
That works! The code and schema is already there for all the assets, it would be just a matter of building an independent environment for it to live in.

I think it would have a lot of merit for single player that goes slightly harder, being able to recreate situations from the story line in the same way they play out, or even designating two fleets (a and b) as a starter and then reinforcements.

All just thoughts, the game is already amazing, and with the current spread, there is a lot of versatility for what could be built.

So Say We All
Lt. Duran
Battlestar Trajan
BSG-91

Gryphon_Space
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Gryphon_Space » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:15 pm

I love this game but I wouldn't call it amazing, a lot of features need far more polish mainly the features outside of the story based modes, namely anabasis and the 3 campaigns. I also think the lack of polish on these features are limiting it's popularity, but that's a talk for another time.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”