Suggestion: Split Tactical and Strategic Difficulties when starting a new campaign.

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
DestructivelyPhased
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Suggestion: Split Tactical and Strategic Difficulties when starting a new campaign.

Post by DestructivelyPhased » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 am

I enjoy the harder battles that are possible when playing at harder difficulties in the campaign (they're challenging and make for great screenshot and GIF harvesting), however I struggle to avoid more casualties than can be replaced quickly and without rushing. In addition, the economic reductions imposed at harder difficulties means that I don't hold much interest in playing harder difficulties, due to the increased grind.

By splitting the difficulties, it becomes possible for those who enjoy the larger, tougher battles, but not the increased grind, of higher difficulties to do just that, rather than being stuck bored by the AI at lower difficulties or feeling sick of the grind or struggling to keep economically at harder difficulties.

Nolanstar

Re: Suggestion: Split Tactical and Strategic Difficulties when starting a new campaign.

Post by Nolanstar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:38 am

I think that'd be a nice additional option that helps replayability and adjusting to player desire.

isolatedrainbow
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Suggestion: Split Tactical and Strategic Difficulties when starting a new campaign.

Post by isolatedrainbow » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Yes. So much yes to this.

izzman_sr

Post by izzman_sr » Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I would like this a lot as well.

I have only my own experience to go off, but the Cylon fleets seem at least somewhat more tactical in combat in higher difficulties, which is great. At the very least they like to go after my defend targets (civilian ships etc) more. But the cost inflation on restock/repair/jump makes it a lot more tedious.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”