Armageddon

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

DaiSho
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Armageddon

Post by DaiSho » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:07 am

Hi All,

I played 4 games at Armageddon. All four were enjoyable played against gentlemen, and I'd like to thank them all for the games played.

By far the game I enjoyed the most (with no denegration to the others) was my first game on Sunday with Palmyrans (me) vs Arab Conquest.

The reason for the enjoyment factor was that whilst luck came into it in a fairly big way it was a nail biting finish. Let me talk you though the last turn.

My army has 12 BG's as does the Arab Conquest.

After a real rough game the Arabs are on 7 break points down and I was on 10. I have 2 BG's of Cataphracts in melee with a disrupted BG of Lancers and an untouched BG of Lancers. I also have a BG of Light Horse 1 move away from his baggage. I had two BG's of his lighthorse in position for me to shoot at both with 4 dice, and one of those BG's disrupted.

So, I have a chance.

After manouver of course I have his baggage, so he's now at 9/12 attrition points. After shooting I've done some hits, but both BG's roll off the damage.

In melee my Cataphracts hit with every dice. I knock one of the Lancers down to Fragmented, but the other goes disrupted. Damn it I think, I've only got one chance left. I roll to kill his general and get box cars! Yes, one general's head on a spear!

Now, he has a BG of Fragmented lancers and a BG of Disrupted lancers that have to roll for seeing a General die.

BANG - the Fragged BG routs. I've now got the Arabs on 11/12 points. The other unit rolls off the general dying, but has to test for seeing a unit rout. He rolls that one off as well.

Next turn my baggage is sacked and I lose the game.

A real nail biter of an end, but it was such fun at the same time!

Ian
Viking (15mm)
Syracusan (15mm)
Palmyran (10mm - 15mm basing)
Horse Nomad (15mm)

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Sounds very close, too bad he lucked out in the end with those die rolls. If that had been me I suspect you would have been buying victory beers instead of telling us of a very close loss. Sounds like you had a great game there, better luck next time.

Skullzgrinda
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Skullzgrinda » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:18 pm

The close games are the fun ones! Thanks for the report.

muz177
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Close game

Post by muz177 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Of course the arabs had it under control the whole game - were never concerned - 8 lancer cav v 10 superior cataphracts - not a worry.

Was an excellent game - thanks Ian

Muz

DaiSho

Re: Close game

Post by DaiSho » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 pm

muz177 wrote:Of course the arabs had it under control the whole game - were never concerned - 8 lancer cav v 10 superior cataphracts - not a worry.

Was an excellent game - thanks Ian
Yes, the Romans thought THEY had it in hand too - 12 bases of Superior Armoured Impact Foot vs 8 bases of Superior Protected Spear (coz you came in in three waves), but no, you cut them down like they weren't there!

Allah Akabar!

Ian
Viking (15mm)
Syracusan (15mm)
Horse Nomad (15mm)

DaiSho

Post by DaiSho » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Another point to be made as well... Had this battle actually occurred in real life there would have been no conquest of the Arabian lands. It would have petered out into nothing. By the end of the battle I think Muz had only 1/4 of his command structure left intact to order said conquest - the rest making their way to where-ever Islam go when their body ceases to function on this planet!

I did do some amazing general killing that game 8)

Ian
Viking (15mm)
Syracusan (15mm)
Horse Nomad (15mm)

david53
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by david53 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 am

DaiSho wrote: Islam go when their body ceases to function on this planet!

Ian
Till the Day of Judgment, according to the Qur’an, they shall remain in a state of sleep.

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”