Sorry, these questions are too detailed, and I might not even be able to answer them with certainty even if I could get my head round them. When I said a screenshot, I meant an actual example of units not doing what you thought they should, not a hypothetical situation in which you want me to say exactly what should happen at each stage in advance.SuitedQueens wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:22 amAltho it's an example from Medieval, mechanics should be the same.
We operate under the assumption that all enemy units would run if charged (which is true). Knights is unmaneuvrable unit, so can you clarify those things (when I refer to the square 5 , then it is the square where arrow 5 starts):
1) It wouldn't matter if we block the square where arrow 2 starts in order to alter knight charge path, because turning action doesn't cost anything during Pursuit if we get 25% +4 AP, right? If we roll +0 AP or -4 AP then knight will face forward and stay in the square where arrow 3 starts? But in the same scenario with altered path (by blocking square 2) knight will end up in square 3 facing diagonally or we will face our evading target if they run straight back?
2) If we get +4 AP after initial charge that costs 10 AP. 12 - 10 + 4 = 6 AP is enough to perform arrow 3 move. What if we get +0 AP? We will be stuck or does that mean we won't spend any AP on the arrow 3 move, therefore we will perform it and still have 12 - 10 = 2 AP left?
3) We move into the square 4 with 0 AP left. Same question about +0 AP roll - does it make us stuck or progress further? +4 AP won't allow us to perform arrow 6 move, but we can do arrow 4 move still, right?
4) When we are in the 5th square position, then it the last square that we can move into in case of +4 AP? 0 + 4 - 4 = 0 AP and no one else to charge. If enemy cav will retreat one square diagonally and not straight back, then will we face them diagonally or continue facing forward?
5) Can we charge 90 degree angle units (since turning costs nothing) like in this example from the 5th square position into the 7th square (if we assume that this unit is not broken)? Can we change targets to broken units in any circumstances?
So I am not going to attempt to answer this item by item.
Some points that might partially answer your queries, however:
1) 12AP Knights always get +4AP on their pursuit move.
2) Unmanouvrability has no effect when pursuing. Turns are free when pursuing however many turns are involved.
3) The index unit (i.e. the 1st pursuer if there is more than one) always follows the router/evader, passing through the same squares.
4) If a unit does not charge another target, it will face the pursued unit at the end of the pursuit, unless they are no longer in an adjacent square.
5) Pursuers will not change targets to charge already routed troops. (And this also applies if their break is queued for display but has not yet actually been displayed).