TT Mod Version 1.5.32 available!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

TT Mod Version 1.5.32 available!

Post by Paul59 »

The TT mod has now been updated to cover the latest 1.5.32 game patch.

The TT Mod has been designed to achieve a number of things;

1) Make most factions more visually distinctive. This has been done by creating faction distinct versions of many generic vanilla units, with distinctive shield designs, clothing colours etc. Most factions also have new distinctive banner designs.

2) Add to the game many new units, extra factions and army lists from the Field of Glory table top army list books.

3) The TT Mod does not attempt to alter the vanilla game play in any way, although some new units have stats slightly different to anything found in the vanilla game.

Some screenshots:

New warm side textures and banner for Norman Armoured Lancers (called Milites in the mod).

New warm side banner for Andalusians

New cool side textures and banner for Dark Age Spanish.

New Etruscan Axemen.

Links to the older versions of the TT Mod, giving more explanation about the contents of the mod and screenshots:

Original version

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=81602

version 1.3.9

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=87260

version 1.5.3

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=89442

version 1.5.18

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=93842

version 1.5.28

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=98555

This (1.5.32) is only a minor update, the main point of it is to fix a mismatch between the TT Mods Squads.csv file and the official game's 1.5.32 patch. This resulted in the mods crossbowmen models becoming giants!

Here is the full list of changes:

1) Add thureophoroi to Pyrrhic 274-272 list.

2) Kingdom of Soissons list changed to use Sub-Roman Foot instead of Limitanei.

3) Unit numbers adjusted in Romano-British 407-599 list. Roman allies removed.

4) Sub-Roman Foot units increased to 720 men (12 models) and cost to 41 points.

5) Greek and Thracian peltasts and Velites become Light Foot, Lightly Protected, Javelins, Light Spear, 50% Swordsmen. Point cost remains 30.

6) Fixed giant crossbowmen models.

7) New shield patterns for the Germanic and Alan Noble Lancers.

8) Some new armour textures for the Alan Noble Armoured Lancers.

9) Deleted entries in column BN for units 375 and 376, this seems to be in line with a vanilla change, but I don't know when it happened.

10) Removed redundant old Roman Clibanarius textures.

11) Late Roman cavalry textures redone (inc Clibanarius and both types of Heavy cavalry)

12) New shield texture for Ligurian texture 2.

13) Mountian Tribes removed from appearing in army lists by changing YEARS to 6001 -1.

14) Movement sounds corrected for the Saka Foot.

15) Added a new unit; Ligurian Light Javelinmen.

TT Mod Campaigns

Here is the link to the TT Mod Campaigns:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aijdrj9loq15z91/file

To install:
1) Click on the link and download.

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.32.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.32.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.32 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.32 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

DO NOT PUT THIS MOD IN YOUR MAIN GAME BUILD!

TT Mod Custom Battles

Here is the link to the TT Mod Custom Battles Module:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fkddc8qcc4l16ra/file

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.32.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.32.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.32 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.32 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

TT Mod Multiplayer

Here is the link to the TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles Module:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cda95ijmpmv5o14/file

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER.

This is a screenshot of my Multiplayer folder:

How to use in MP:

When you are in the Multiplayer Create New Challenge screen click on Create Skirmish:

Then click on the "Select Another Module" button:

Then make sure you click on the TT Mod to select it, and then click Launch:

A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for most of the new shield and banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way.

Also some of Weeag's shields (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... s-Resource) used in the many of my new Dark Age unit textures.

Many thanks to paleologos for some of his Slavic shields: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... le&id=4320

The shields for the Saitic Egyptian Foot were obtained with permission from MonsterMind at Spiral Graphics Forum:

http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?s ... 513&page=1

Many thanks to WhollyFool for his Arthurian Mod banner designs, and Kaweh K for many of his Total War mod banner designs.

Many thanks to Anardion for his Mount and Blade Templar banner: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1872

Many thanks to Roudrac for his Mount and Blade black and white Templar banner: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=219978.0

Enjoy!

Paul
Last edited by Paul59 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: TT Mod Version 1.5.32 available!

Post by Paul59 »

Sorry Folks!

A rather annoying unit naming problem has been discovered, and I have temporarily withdrawn the mod links until I can fix it.

It won't take long to fix, but creating all the zip files and uploading to Mediafire will take a few hours I am afraid.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:59 am Sorry Folks!

A rather annoying unit naming problem has been discovered, and I have temporarily withdrawn the mod links until I can fix it.

It won't take long to fix, but creating all the zip files and uploading to Mediafire will take a few hours I am afraid.

cheers

Paul
Paul, you had better name the revised folder differently, or somebody might try playing the two versions of 1.5.32 against each other.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

The links are now up again.

Many apologies to those who have already downloaded 1.5.32, but it was important that I fix the bug quickly. I have added a "b" to the end of each mod folder to distinguish it from the old bugged versions, and I would advise everyone who has already downloaded TT Mod 1.5.32 to delete it, and download the corrected version.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Thanks for the fine work, Paul!

Very appreciated!

IC XC
NI KA
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I'm just posting to bring this current thread above the obsolete TTMod thread that had been resurrected a few days ago!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

Wow, it is a big download but it is worth it. Really looks great. Good job!
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

@Paul59: Very nice update. Thank you very much for this.
Ray552
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Ray552 »

Thank you for the TT Mod and the "b" update.

I've installed the files into the appropriate folders as specified above: Campaigns and Custom Battles into the "CAMPAIGNS" folder, and MPV into the "MULTIPLAYER" folder.

However, when I try to pick these mods via the "Select another module" button, I get several occurrences of "Field of Glory II" instead of "TT Mod":

Image (thumbnail - please click for larger image)

Choosing those extra "Field of Glory II" instances doesn't load the mods.
Last edited by Ray552 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

ray552 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:54 pm Thank you for the TT Mod and the "b" update.

I've installed the files into the appropriate folders as specified above: Campaigns and Custom Battles into the "CAMPAIGNS" folder, and MPV into the "MULTIPLAYER" folder.

However, when I try to pick these mods via the "Select another module" button, I get several occurrences of "Field of Glory II" instead of "TT Mod":

Image (thumbnail - please click for larger image)

Choosing those extra "Field of Glory II" instances doesn't load the mods.
It sounds like you might have a corrupt download, the name of the mod is in one of the text files, and they seem to be the files worse affected when people have a bad download, it would be very strange to have all three corrupt though. Maybe your internet connection was bad while you were downloading. The mod is very big, and people often report problems downloading it successfully.

Have you successfully run previous versions of the TT Mod?

You could try to download again, but just do one at a time and then check that it works before downloading another.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Ray552

Post by Ray552 »

Paul59,

Many thanks!

Re-downloading the .rar files fixed the problem, and all three now show up as "TT Mod" in their respective areas and work properly :-)

I noticed that when the MPV file unpacked into the "MULTIPLAYER'" folder, it made a sub-subfolder of the MPV mod, that is, "/MULTIPLAYER/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b" and that didn't work either until I moved the unpacked files up one level ("/MULTIPLAYER/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b"). This, of course, was most likely caused by my computer, and not by the downloaded file.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

ray552 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:43 am Paul59,

Many thanks!

Re-downloading the .rar files fixed the problem, and all three now show up as "TT Mod" in their respective areas and work properly :-)

I noticed that when the MPV file unpacked into the "MULTIPLAYER'" folder, it made a sub-subfolder of the MPV mod, that is, "/MULTIPLAYER/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b" and that didn't work either until I moved the unpacked files up one level ("/MULTIPLAYER/TT_Mod_MPV1.5.32b"). This, of course, was most likely caused by my computer, and not by the downloaded file.
I'm glad that you got it fixed!

The MPV file unpacking into a sub folder is very strange. I have just tested it myself and it unpacks normally for me, so maybe it is caused by your computer, or maybe you chose to extract it using a different method. I compressed all three mods in exactly the same way.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 am
ray552 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:43 am Paul59,

Many thanks!

I'm glad that you got it fixed!

The MPV file unpacking into a sub folder is very strange. I have just tested it myself and it unpacks normally for me, so maybe it is caused by your computer, or maybe you chose to extract it using a different method. I compressed all three mods in exactly the same way.
This will happen if you don't select "Extract Here"
Richard Bodley Scott

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Paul,

Are you also using modded terrain in your screenshots? Or is it my imagination?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

MarkShot wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:17 am Paul,

Are you also using modded terrain in your screenshots? Or is it my imagination?
No, I don't think so. Those screenshots are quite old, I took them long before Mazex's terrain mod came out.

There is no modded terrain in the TT Mod itself.

Maybe the lower camera angle that I use makes the lighting look different?

FOGII TT Mod Creator

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Yes, I think you are right.
KKarlssoNN
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by KKarlssoNN »

Are there any other mods that can be used alongside this?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

KKarlssoNN wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:58 pm Are there any other mods that can be used alongside this?
Due to the Slitherine mod system you can normally only use one mod at a time, they do not overwrite the base game at all.

However you can use a Global mod, such as the Rise of AI mod, and then select to play a TT Mod custom battle or campaign.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Paul,

I am glad Slitherine didn't have a "Blood & Gore" DLC. Why? Because your models are such works of art! :)
KKarlssoNN

Post by KKarlssoNN »

K thanks thanks for the quick reply, ya I noticed that and had added a edit to my above post but must not have submited it.

I'm really enjoying the game and mod, just got into them. The game is alot better than I thought it would be, more so I'm sure with you effort.

Big thanks for you fine service and valuable time!!!

Return to “Field of Glory II”