Field of Glory II v.1.5.36 now available

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II v.1.5.36 now available

Post by manickennel »

Ave,

We have updated Field of Glory II to v.1.5.36. This only corrects a bug whereby Steam and GOG users were unable to connect to multiplayer, so Slitherine users will not have been affected. You will, of course, still be prompted to update when running the game.

Those of you who do not get on with automatic updates can grab the latest patch for the Slitherine version directly from here.
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Field of Glory II v.1.5.36 now available

Post by TheGrayMouser »

So , is there any solution for those where the automatic updater fails? (I just just get an error that the game was unable to connect and to contact Slitherine..) Yet when I install a DLC or patch or beta and the game need to "phone home" to confirm whatever it needs to do, I have no issues..
This has only recently ( past year or so) been a problem for me...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:51 pm So , is there any solution for those where the automatic updater fails? (I just just get an error that the game was unable to connect and to contact Slitherine..) Yet when I install a DLC or patch or beta and the game need to "phone home" to confirm whatever it needs to do, I have no issues..
This has only recently ( past year or so) been a problem for me...
When the auto-updater doesn't work, you can get the download direct from the link provided in the announcement post, or from your home page on Slitherine.com.

Why the auto-updater seems to consistently fail for some people I don't know. Perhaps Pip does, I will ask. Maybe it is something to do with antivirus or firewall settings.
Richard Bodley Scott

teltest
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by teltest »

I find the auto updater often fails when the release is new - maybe its the sheer volume of traffic that causes the problem.
If I leave the update for a day or two it normally works fine.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

teltest wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:37 pm I find the auto updater often fails when the release is new - maybe its the sheer volume of traffic that causes the problem.
If I leave the update for a day or two it normally works fine.
Thanks for the additional information, it is useful.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Thanks guys, its not big deal since the FTTP site is always available but was thinking maybe it was some normal and common Microsoft problem that could easily be troubleshot.

Return to “Field of Glory II”