Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Post Reply
Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:32 pm

Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by Hoplite1963 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm

As this game has true hot seat I wonder if it would be possible down the line in campaign mode to create the option for the main player to opt for a hot seat opponent who would not have any choices to make between battles but would command the opposing forces ?

I know that hot seat was the only mode on Medieval Total War 2 that had a hot seat option and I wonder if not getting involved in the server would make it easier to implement multiplayer in this way for campaigns?

Also is there any chance that the game manual could be released in advance as a PDF download so we can all hit the ground running in October? Loving the video’s by the way. Know everything has moved on a long way since then but the figure animations do remind me somewhat of the “Great Battles of. Alexander, Hannibal” etc range of PC games from the 1990’s.

Really looking forward to this one.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22494
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 am

Hoplite1963 wrote:As this game has true hot seat I wonder if it would be possible down the line in campaign mode to create the option for the main player to opt for a hot seat opponent who would not have any choices to make between battles but would command the opposing forces ?
I don't know. It may or may not be feasible.
I know that hot seat was the only mode on Medieval Total War 2 that had a hot seat option and I wonder if not getting involved in the server would make it easier to implement multiplayer in this way for campaigns?
No doubt it would.
Also is there any chance that the game manual could be released in advance as a PDF download so we can all hit the ground running in October?
Something is happening re the manual next week.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by Hoplite1963 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks Richard

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by Hoplite1963 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Any chance we could have some YouTube scenario design video tutorials at some point ?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22494
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Hoplite1963 wrote:Any chance we could have some YouTube scenario design video tutorials at some point ?
Probably not. I would have to do them and I have no clue how to make videos.

But I do intend to put a written tutorial on the board when time permits.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

piteas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by piteas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:58 pm

rbodleyscott wrote: But I do intend to put a written tutorial on the board when time permits.
A written tutorial would be perfect, thanks!

Kaede11
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:34 am

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by Kaede11 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 am

Even if creating a multiplayer campaign mode is not on the wishlist, it would be awesome if fans could make some sort of "offline" campaign ruleset where matters of political nature such as nations borders and the like are shown in forums or wherever the campaign is located and then the fights are fought in the game.

I know things like this have been done for P&S, so it would be awesome to see it in this game. But I understand this is more of a work for the community instead of the developers.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22494
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

Kaede11 wrote:Even if creating a multiplayer campaign mode is not on the wishlist, it would be awesome if fans could make some sort of "offline" campaign ruleset where matters of political nature such as nations borders and the like are shown in forums or wherever the campaign is located and then the fights are fought in the game.

I know things like this have been done for P&S, so it would be awesome to see it in this game. But I understand this is more of a work for the community instead of the developers.
Indeed. I also hope this happens.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

piteas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by piteas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:14 pm

I done a campaign with the first FoG in "Punta de Lanza" (the main spanish forum of wargamers). The campaign was about the spanish front during the II Punic War.

Here the thread:
http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3 ... ra+hispana

It was a lot of fun with diplomacy, maps for players, treachery, many secret conspirations and... battles, of course.
But it was a campaign without hurry or stress, that we´re spanish :wink:

I´ll do a new campaign with this new FoG soon. Maybe in the same front, maybe in other wars.

Kaede11
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:34 am

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by Kaede11 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 am

piteas wrote:I done a campaign with the first FoG in "Punta de Lanza" (the main spanish forum of wargamers). The campaign was about the spanish front during the II Punic War.

Here the thread:
http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3 ... ra+hispana

It was a lot of fun with diplomacy, maps for players, treachery, many secret conspirations and... battles, of course.
But it was a campaign without hurry or stress, that we´re spanish :wink:

I´ll do a new campaign with this new FoG soon. Maybe in the same front, maybe in other wars.
I'm also aware that someone did a P&S campaign in that same forum. Are you the same person?

EDIT: I can't finde the rules of your campaign. Are they in the thread?

piteas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Hot seat Campaigns & Manual

Post by piteas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am

Kaede11 wrote:
piteas wrote:I done a campaign with the first FoG in "Punta de Lanza" (the main spanish forum of wargamers). The campaign was about the spanish front during the II Punic War.

Here the thread:
http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3 ... ra+hispana

I'm also aware that someone did a P&S campaign in that same forum. Are you the same person?

EDIT: I can't finde the rules of your campaign. Are they in the thread?
Yes, I am. I' ll send you the rules, don' t worry.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II”