Small suggestions thread

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Small suggestions thread

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 am

KiwiWarlord wrote:Should Fragmented Units exert a ZOC ??
Seems wrong that a charge is prevented by a unit exerting a ZOC that cannot itself charge.
The idea is that the enemy troops don't know it is Fragmented. ZOCs are largely psychological rather than physical.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 am

Lancier wrote:Discussed before?..User scenarios list is not very readable cause of the color?
No, not discussed before. Personally I am surprised nobody has complained about it before. I 100% agree. I suspect the colour is engine based so we would need to request a tweak to allow us to change it. I will look into it.

I should note that user content challenges are only greyed out like that if you don't have the user content on your machine. But it certainly ought to be more readable.
Richard Bodley Scott

Lancier
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lancier » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks.

Another question is (tho i feel probably is almost impossible?) might the camera go more parallel to the ground, to 10 degrees (even zero!?) for example to enjoy fully the scenes? (90 degrees-(M) is brilliant really btw)

PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder
https://thewargamingclub.com/

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Lancier wrote:Thanks.

Another question is (tho i feel probably is almost impossible?) might the camera go more parallel to the ground, to 10 degrees (even zero!?) for example to enjoy fully the scenes? (90 degrees-(M) is brilliant really btw)

There is a file in the build

/Data/Mapview.txt

that can be edited, but

1) Make sure you backup the vanilla settings.
2) The shadows don't work correctly below a certain pitch.
Richard Bodley Scott

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:19 pm

You might find this useful.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=79642

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Lancier

Post by Lancier » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:04 am

Ah thanks Ward and Scott, changed PITCH to 25 and its great towards the ground level! I also checked that post you gave the link Ward, just couldnt get what PITCHLIMIT is? camera goes to 25 degrees instead of 45 is great! but just like that, is it possible to make it go to 90 degrees (more perpendicular view) as well or close to 90 degrees "without M key" just with that same camera? with PITCHLIMIT maybe?
Patrick Ward wrote:

You might find this useful.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=79642
rbodleyscott wrote:

There is a file in the build

/Data/Mapview.txt

that can be edited, but

1) Make sure you backup the vanilla settings.
2) The shadows don't work correctly below a certain pitch.
PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Dude .. please don't call me Ward .. it's like being back at school! :) Mr Ward, Sir is perfectly adequate. :D

I can't test it right now but I think if you set PITCH to 45 and PITCHLIMIT to 45 you would be able to get your vertical down and perfectly horizontal range of movemnet.

So you start at 45degrees and you can rotate +45 and -45 around that.

Be warned though that theres a reason the deault values were set the way they are .. the game and art wasn't designed to tollerate much outside the original values.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Patrick Ward wrote:Dude .. please don't call me Ward .. it's like being back at school! :) Mr Ward, Sir is perfectly adequate. :D
Indeed.

English people no longer familiarly call each other by surnames - that went out about 40+ years ago.

I am Richard, Pat is Pat.
Richard Bodley Scott

Lancier

Post by Lancier » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Ah my bad gents sorry, when your native language is not english (or different then the majority of the forum users) you may do mistakes with such specifics ^^

Ok i will stick to pitch 25 and not touch pitchlimit, thanks anyway, it is still an improvement for the eyes. ;>
Patrick Ward wrote:Dude .. please don't call me Ward .. it's like being back at school! :) Mr Ward, Sir is perfectly adequate. :D

I can't test it right now but I think if you set PITCH to 45 and PITCHLIMIT to 45 you would be able to get your vertical down and perfectly horizontal range of movemnet.

So you start at 45degrees and you can rotate +45 and -45 around that.

Be warned though that theres a reason the deault values were set the way they are .. the game and art wasn't designed to tollerate much outside the original values.
rbodleyscott wrote:
Indeed.

English people no longer familiarly call each other by surnames - that went out about 40+ years ago.

I am Richard, Pat is Pat.
PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Lancier wrote:Ah my bad gents sorry, when your native language is not english/different you may do mistakes with such specifics ^^
Understood, which is why I have not said anything before.

I am old enough to have been called "Scott" by my friends at school, 45 years ago, but not since then. We have become very informal, even in England, the legendary bastion of formality.
Richard Bodley Scott

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Lancier wrote:Ah my bad gents sorry, when your native language is not english (or different then the majority of the forum users) you may do mistakes with such specifics ^^
lol don't worry about it. I was just joking with you.

I'd just keep testing it until you get a value that works for you. If you want to keep a note of a value you like for future reference while you experiment, then type it after //

Pat a Pixel Pusher

lapdog666
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by lapdog666 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 am

ability to choose flag colours, and perhaps couple flag styles

Najanaja
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Najanaja » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:19 am

[quote="stockwellpete"][quote="the_iron_duke"]I don't know much of a pet wish this is, but I'd like an option when setting up multiplayer games which, when selected, would mean someone couldn't take up one of the challenges one had set up if they were already in a current game with you. Personally, I don't like playing two battles at the same time against the same opponent and won't start the second until the first is finished.[/quote]

Seconded.[/quote]

Why?

the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Najanaja wrote:
stockwellpete wrote:
the_iron_duke wrote:I don't know much of a pet wish this is, but I'd like an option when setting up multiplayer games which, when selected, would mean someone couldn't take up one of the challenges one had set up if they were already in a current game with you. Personally, I don't like playing two battles at the same time against the same opponent and won't start the second until the first is finished.
Seconded.
Why?
For me, it's because two battles played against the same opponent at the same time cannot be insulated from each other, and the battles therefore become conjoined in some way. Things like tactical manoeuvring, bluff and timing are important elements of one's strategy, and what one reveals in one game could affect the other. For similar reasons, I wouldn't like to play two simultaneous games of poker against the same person at the same time.

Also, it's not as if it is hard to find an opponent in this game, and diversity of opponents, along with the tactical challenges they present, is better than homogeneity.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Is possible add some way to know when a unit is capable to shot and when not??? with the introduction of heavy cavalry+bows for inmortal fire i think something like this is necesary (more if you add later medieval armies with mounted-unmounted knights, this needs be showed to).

In FOG I a bow icon over unit showed that unit has range attack, is possible add something similar??? thanks.

Lancier

Post by Lancier » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm

In FoG II is it possible to save the game anytime and pcontinue playing later as it is in Pike and Shot: Campaigns ?
PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Lancier wrote:In FoG II is it possible to save the game anytime and continue playing later as it is in Pike and Shot: Campaigns ?
Yes, except during the AI turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

Lancier

Post by Lancier » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Sorry i was mentioning the multiplayer (PBeM)... still can save? I was looking for a similiar button as it is in PnS:C and couldnt realise.
rbodleyscott wrote:
Lancier wrote:In FoG II is it possible to save the game anytime and continue playing later as it is in Pike and Shot: Campaigns ?
Yes, except during the AI turn.
PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Lancier wrote:Sorry i was mentioning the multiplayer (PBeM)... still can save? I was looking for a similiar button as it is in PnS:C and couldnt realise.
It is in the same place as the Save button for SP games - in the left hand tools menu at the bottom of the screen.
Richard Bodley Scott

Lancier

Post by Lancier » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 am

Ah never looked at these menus using some keys, :oops: thanks.
rbodleyscott wrote:
Lancier wrote:Sorry i was mentioning the multiplayer (PBeM)... still can save? I was looking for a similiar button as it is in PnS:C and couldnt realise.
It is in the same place as the Save button for SP games - in the left hand tools menu at the bottom of the screen.
PBeMer ✯ TWC Co-founder

Return to “Field of Glory II”