Elephant Rampages?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
randallorndorff
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Elephant Rampages?

Post by randallorndorff » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 pm

It seems like Elephants rout just like any other unit. Is there a chance that they might rampage through their own lines? If not, is this a feature that might be added at some point?

Thanks!

Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Elephant Rampages?

Post by Ironclad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 pm

I believe this is being replicated through cohesion tests of units within two tiles of a routing elephant as compared to the single tile radius tests for other routs.

randallorndorff

Post by randallorndorff » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 am

Yep, I saw that (either in the tutorial or the manual?). It just doesn't seem as fun as elephants running wild across the map. :)

JaM2013
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by JaM2013 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:44 am

yeah, plus, it feels kinda weak, as most of the time, those units just pass the cohesion test without problems... you really need to have them at least disrupted/fragmented to see any difference.. most of the time, nothing happens at all

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:04 pm

To be fair elephant units NEVER cant escape after be broken using same system than normal units... i refer that they simple retreat in line, not in zig zag evading touch units (friendly or not).

They need after broke escape forward or backward in line crossing the combat units they meet and when they cross that units made them pass a cohesion test and suffer casualties like if they combat them.

The actual system simple uses the one for the other combat units... and i think that chariots need have one like i suggest for elephants.

MaxDamage
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MaxDamage » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:01 pm

They cause panic among your troops but at a distance of 2 squares not just 1 like any other unit. Panic area becomes quite huge. This is the effect of elephants rampaging. It is destructive in any case even if they dont trample your own troops per se.

Patrick Ward
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Patrick Ward » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I managed to rout 6 elephants while fighting a huge mass of Indians .. the elephants ran off and decimated the Indians. Almost won me the game single handed. And while they didn't go THROUGH the units as I would of liked, they did run down the line causing mayhem.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Paul59
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Paul59 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm

In my user designed scenarios, Apollonia, Elephant Victory, and Heraclea, I increased the cohesion test distance from the standard 2 to 3 squares. I also dropped the Elephants quality rating down significantly, to make them a bit more "brittle". There is also some other increased effects in the Elephant Victory and Heraclea, because of the significant impact that elephants had in those battles against troops not used to them. The changes seemed a step in the right direction to me, but I don't know what other players have thought, as I have not had any feedback.
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”