Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with Bronze Age scenarios and icons out April 21 2023

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with medieval scenarios out May 20 2021

Post by Nijis »

Toska - the amount of time passing is supposed to be enough to reset the political situation and bring in new foes and army lists, to create variety. But I can try to add an option to reduce it.

barinaX - I hadn't tried it on resolutions greater than 1920 x 1080. It might be the resolution is too high, or you might want to try playing on unwindowed mode, which you can toggle by clicking the link in the upper left.

Thanks to all for the kinds words and feedback!
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with medieval scenarios out May 20 2021

Post by toska »

Nijis wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:15 am Toska - the amount of time passing is supposed to be enough to reset the political situation and bring in new foes and army lists, to create variety. But I can try to add an option to reduce it.

barinaX - I hadn't tried it on resolutions greater than 1920 x 1080. It might be the resolution is too high, or you might want to try playing on unwindowed mode, which you can toggle by clicking the link in the upper left.

Thanks to all for the kinds words and feedback!

Yes, after playing more I have understood the result. It's a good idea, but it's not always appreciated. For example, if I am in the middle of a confrontation with another empire and my leader dies, perhaps I would like to continue with the timeline a little longer to resolve the situation myself, and not see how the simulation ends the problem and presents me with a situation brand new. I don't always want a timeskip, but other times I do.

This problem could be fixed simply by giving the player the option (Yes / No) to continue the chronology or to do a timeskip after the leader's death.
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

I just noticed this, so glad this is back. Nijis is one of my favourite developers. Gotta grab this and play it.
toska

Post by toska »

Can we expect an update regarding the new DLC?
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Yep - hopefully in a few weeks. I'll try to add the option you mentioned, to disable the wait between playable characters.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Just to update - I'll aim to have 1300CE and 1400CE scenarios added for the release of Storm of Arrows in February, and also to add the options of fighting all your realm's battles each turn and disabling the wait between playable characters.
toska

Post by toska »

I am glad to hear that!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Pushing ETA of next version to early March, as I will be travelling for most of February when Storm of Arrows comes out.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Pushing ETA of next version to early March, as I will be travelling for most of February when Storm of Arrows comes out.
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

I downloaded but when i try to extract the files it gives me an error "This archive is either in unknow format or damaged"!

Edit. Fixed! I used the 7-zip.
For Byzantium!!
toska

Post by toska »

Any news about the update? :P
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Here it is - two new medieval scenarios, plus new Silk Road armies, plus the option to fight all your battles and skip the post-death fast-forward. I haven't tested it too extensively, but I think it works. I'll update the main page shortly. Let me know how it goes!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4eo1hysb ... 9.rar/file
toska

Post by toska »

Nijis wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:29 am Here it is - two new medieval scenarios, plus new Silk Road armies, plus the option to fight all your battles and skip the post-death fast-forward. I haven't tested it too extensively, but I think it works. I'll update the main page shortly. Let me know how it goes!

Thank you very much for the anticipation. I have quite enjoyed using this app in the past. I can comment on a few things.

IMPORTANT: the option to continue the race after the death of the leader works, but the option of multiple battles does not. Everything feels the same at this point: I am attacked on multiple fronts and can only play one battle.

The 2D swords to indicate the fights are very good. But the fist for the unrest not so much. "unrest" or "horde" messages were more readable inside 3D rectangles.

After some small things: testing with the Aragonese I have seen that the system assigns them German armies; The color of Aragonese faction (white and blue) is indistinguishable from that of his allies. ;Castilla declares a crusade to me and I get an event to become a Catholic in the second turn (a bit strange). In flanders and holland the system does not indicate that armies of the netherlands should be used. The Mediterranean climate reaches very high latitudes... In short, these last details are correctable by the user at the time of mounting the battles.

Finally I would suggest adding the Crusader states in Palestine as a playable faction in the 1100 scenario.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Thanks! I'll look into those errors and graphics issues.

Making the Crusader state a separate playable faction might work, but it makes it a little more permanent than I'd like.

(I removed the Mediterranean issue here. I figured it out - the Ancients used the Mediterranean map for urban provinces because it had Roman classical architecture whereas the northern European one had Gallic huts).
Last edited by Nijis on Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

"the option of multiple battles does not. Everything feels the same at this point: I am attacked on multiple fronts and can only play one battle."

I can't duplicate this error. The game still allows each province to be a base for only one order. But if I do two different attacks from two provinces, and I choose a difficulty level as opposed to nonplayer general, it lets me fight both battles.
wzfcns
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by wzfcns »

Nijis wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:29 am Here it is - two new medieval scenarios, plus new Silk Road armies, plus the option to fight all your battles and skip the post-death fast-forward. I haven't tested it too extensively, but I think it works. I'll update the main page shortly. Let me know how it goes!

I don't know if I misunderstood, but it doesn't look like a new Silk Road army was used, and the Tang and Goguryeo remained Sui armies.
Working on the Silk Road mod for FOG2 and FOG2:Medieval.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

I didn't disable the end year for the old Sui armies, which I'd previously used up to 1049. Fixing now. Thanks!
toska

Post by toska »

Nijis wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:07 am "the option of multiple battles does not. Everything feels the same at this point: I am attacked on multiple fronts and can only play one battle."

I can't duplicate this error. The game still allows each province to be a base for only one order. But if I do two different attacks from two provinces, and I choose a difficulty level as opposed to nonplayer general, it lets me fight both battles.

sorry, I checked better. Indeed multiple battles work. But I thought that now I could also play the defensive battles (a wrong assumption). I'll leave it there in case you want to include the function.

As for the extension of the Mediterranean: Flanders and transjuraria, Friesland, Austrasia... it seems to be a more general problem. I believe that all provinces with a "temperate" climate have the problem.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Okay, I think I've made all those fixes and incorporated the suggestions.

In the all-battles mode, you fight all offensive battles plus defensive ones in owned (not allied) provinces.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j4vo2qx2 ... 1.rar/file
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with late medieval scenarios out March 22 2022

Post by Nijis »

I did a quick update (0.902) adding two Breton army lists that I overlooked. It's the same as 0.901, with fixes to the issues noticed by toska and wzfcns.

I hadn't seen Silk Road: Medieval yet. I'll add those in for a quick update in the next couple of days. Looking forward to that!

Return to “Field of Glory II”