TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
dkalenda
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by dkalenda »

Sorry for bothering you, but I really can't run the TT Mod!

Everytime I try to play on multiplayer the game is stuck with a Script Error message (as attached).

Any suggestion?
Attachments
FOG II nap. screen.jpg
FOG II nap. screen.jpg (275.7 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

dkalenda wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm Sorry for bothering you, but I really can't run the TT Mod!

Everytime I try to play on multiplayer the game is stuck with a Script Error message (as attached).

Any suggestion?
That error message is referring to the Napoleonic mod! I don't think that mod works anymore, because it's scripts are incompatible with the new 1.5.3 version of FOG2. It must be interfering with your ability to play other mods, including the TT Mod. I would suggest deleting the Napoleonic Mod from your system and see if that solves the problem.

PS: What exactly were you doing before that Error Message popped up? I mean, what had you just clicked that caused that message to appear, and were you creating or accepting a challenge? Was this a Paired Match?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
dkalenda

Post by dkalenda »

Antoher episode:

the problem is that I don't have any Napoleonic mod installed, no files related to Napoleon is in my computer. But now I've another pop up:

P.S. Before the Error Message I just clicked to play an accepted challenge, which was a Paired Match.

Thanks Paul anyway...
Attachments
screen.PNG
screen.PNG (301.26 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

dkalenda wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 pm Antoher episode:

the problem is that I don't have any Napoleonic mod installed, no files related to Napoleon is in my computer. But now I've another pop up:

P.S. Before the Error Message I just clicked to play an accepted challenge, which was a Paired Match.

Thanks Paul anyway...
There seems to be a bug with the Paired Match option at the moment, which the developer is trying to fix. Were you attempting to play a Paired Match before both error messages? Have you tried accepting a non Paired Match TT Mod challenge?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

The second error suggests that you are trying to run the old version of TT Mod, which is not compatible with v1.5.3 of the game.

You need to update to v1.5.3 of TT Mod.

Existing games using the previous version won't work and will have to be abandoned.
Richard Bodley Scott

dkalenda

Post by dkalenda »

I took a final decision to reinstall the game. Now the TT Mod... Works!!!
Ironically I'm playing with Ulysisgrunt...
Anyway the previous accepted game doesn't work at all, the message now is a simple: "Cannot find a custom scenario....", in this case I think there's something connected with the paired games bug.
If you can delete this game with xabelmagno from the server also the memory of this mess will be finally cancelled :-)

For Ulysisgrunt: "I can create skirmish game challenges, but cannot accept any....Could the problem be that I lack the module that says SKIRMISH ?"

Maybe it's because you tried to accept games using an older TT Mod version...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

dkalenda wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 am I took a final decision to reinstall the game. Now the TT Mod... Works!!!
Ironically I'm playing with Ulysisgrunt...
Anyway the previous accepted game doesn't work at all, the message now is a simple: "Cannot find a custom scenario....", in this case I think there's something connected with the paired games bug.
No, it is because the TT Mod folder it is looking for is no longer on your system.
If you can delete this game with xabelmagno from the server also the memory of this mess will be finally cancelled :-)
You can delete it yourself once there has been no activity in the game for 7 days.
Richard Bodley Scott

XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Can't get it to run!

Post by XLegione »

Ulysisgrunt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:02 am I've downloaded the three files, extracted them, and placed them in the Campaign directory of the main program. I can create skirmish game challenges, but cannot accept any.
Advice?
Hi Paul59
I have the same problem! I purchased FOG II through Steam and the game directory follows another path than you indicated, I'm able to play single player battle and campaign, create skirmish but cannot accept any and nobody is able to join my game.

May you help me?

Thanks

Ciao

Below you see where I placed the modules:
Attachments
Campaign and custom V1.5.3.PNG
Campaign and custom V1.5.3.PNG (65.25 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
MPV1.5.3.PNG
MPV1.5.3.PNG (18.55 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

That is the wrong place. The place that Mods should go is the same whether using STEAM or non-STEAM versions. They should not go in the game build. Although the game will find the SP folders even if you do put them in the game build, it won't find MP folders in the game build.

As per the original post at the top of the thread, the MP version should go in

/Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

or it may be

/My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

(It varies depending on the version of Windows you are using)

The folder will certainly already exist, if you have ever run the game, you don't have to create it. If you cannot find it, you are looking in the wrong place.

Although they will work in the main build, SP Mods are supposed to go in:

/Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/CAMPAIGNS

or it may be

/My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS
Richard Bodley Scott

XLegione

Post by XLegione »

Many thanks!
Fixed and it works now!

Ciao

XLegione
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

XLegione wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:18 pm Many thanks!
Fixed and it works now!

Ciao

XLegione
Many thanks for giving those screenshots of where you installed the mods. It makes solving your problem very easy for us!

I am glad it all works!

Ciao

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SteveD64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SteveD64 »

Does the Greek (Asiatic) army list refer to the Greek colonies of Asia Minor?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SteveD64 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:06 am Does the Greek (Asiatic) army list refer to the Greek colonies of Asia Minor?
That is correct.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Thanks! Are the Ptolemies missing an Army List? Their list stops sooner than the vanilla version.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SteveD64 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm Thanks! Are the Ptolemies missing an Army List? Their list stops sooner than the vanilla version.
No, they should both cover the same period, 320 - 30 BC. Here is a screenshot of the vanilla Ptolemaic armies:

Here are the ones from TT Mod 1.5.3:

I don't know what you are looking at?

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Ah! never mind! The rest were filtered out because of the date of the army list I was using.
lydianed
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by lydianed »

Guys,

Have followed Paul's instructions and downloaded the 1.5.3MPV mod and installed it in the correct place on my computer. However, I cannot accept a challenge from a player using this mod. I read that Paul says to click on "Select another module" but where is this dialogue box? I go into the main screen, click multiplayer from the menu and it takes me in. I have no option to select another module. M'aidez.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

lydianed wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 am Guys,

Have followed Paul's instructions and downloaded the 1.5.3MPV mod and installed it in the correct place on my computer. However, I cannot accept a challenge from a player using this mod. I read that Paul says to click on "Select another module" but where is this dialogue box? I go into the main screen, click multiplayer from the menu and it takes me in. I have no option to select another module. M'aidez.
From the FOG2DL thread . . .

Re: Any questions?
Post by stockwellpete » 06 Feb 2019 23:52

The full sequence for using the TTmod is as follows . . .

Go in to Multi-player
My Challenges
New Challenge
Create Skirmish
Select Another Module in the Custom Battle Screen (it is the little square box to the right of the brown Field of Glory 2 banner)
Click on TTmod MP v1.5.3
Launch
Select Armies and keep default game options
Create
Enter password and any Comments
Create
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

That is to create a challenge. To accept one you should just be able to accept it from the list of challenges as normal. If you have the mod installed in the right place.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

There have been a few similar issues posted before, they all turned out to be caused either by the TT Mod not being installed correctly, or that the player's download was corrupted.

The solution would be to double check the instructions, and make sure that you have installed the mod in the right place. You could post a screenshot in this thread to show us where you have put it. If the Mod is installed in the right place, then it is probably a corrupted download, so delete the mod and download it again.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”