Autobreak loss levels

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Zardoz02
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Autobreak loss levels

Post by Zardoz02 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 am

Is there a defined set of percentage losses for the various quality levels in this game or is it more dynamic?

In the tabletop rules there is a simple table that tells me e.g. that superior BGs autobreak at > 50% loss. Should I expect to find the same simple table in this game? It doesn't seem to be in the manual.

thanks

Tony

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Autobreak loss levels

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am

Zardoz02 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 am
Is there a defined set of percentage losses for the various quality levels in this game or is it more dynamic?

In the tabletop rules there is a simple table that tells me e.g. that superior BGs autobreak at > 50% loss. Should I expect to find the same simple table in this game? It doesn't seem to be in the manual.

thanks

Tony
No, because it is more dynamic, because troop Quality (the average of their Experience and Elan values) is dynamic in campaigns and Empires linkup battles, and can also be tweaked in some Epic Battles.

Quality is a continuum from 0-300, rather than a stepwise thing. The standard quality names apply to a range of quality values rather than a single value.

For example the game will report quality values from 160 to 210 as "Superior", but these values will have different autobreak points.
Richard Bodley Scott

Zardoz02
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Zardoz02 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 am

Can we guestimate the % levels for the basic quality categories elite/superior/average/raw? The manual says "average quality unit will autobreak if it falls below about 50%" so it is different to the tabletop rules. How different, sorta...

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:01 am

Zardoz02 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 am
Can we guestimate the % levels for the basic quality categories elite/superior/average/raw? The manual says "average quality unit will autobreak if it falls below about 50%" so it is different to the tabletop rules.
It is the same as the original tabletop rules. I believe later edition(s) have changed the autobreak points.
Richard Bodley Scott

Zardoz02
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Zardoz02 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:07 am

Ah OK, thanks.

Return to “Field of Glory II”