Norman Kite Shield

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Adraeth
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Norman Kite Shield

Post by Adraeth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Just a silly question:

i played with normans vs arabs (and then saxons and the end welsh - those welsh detroied me.... anyway) i saw that dismounted knights and norman knights have a round shield (or maybe i did not see properly), would it be possibile to implement a kite shield for normans?

Thanks in advance

Paul59
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Norman Kite Shield

Post by Paul59 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:32 pm

My educated guess would be that when Norman cavalry are classified as knights in a later DLC to cover the later period, they will then get kite shields to distinguish them from other cavalry. Notice that the Norman cavalry in the Wolves at the Gate DLC are not called knights.

In FOG knights are a separate type unit type, and will only be available after 1050 AD.
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Paul59 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:32 pm
My educated guess would be that when Norman cavalry are classified as knights in a later DLC to cover the later period, they will then get kite shields to distinguish them from other cavalry. Notice that the Norman cavalry in the Wolves at the Gate DLC are not called knights.

In FOG knights are a separate type unit type, and will only be available after 1050 AD.
Paul is correct. The Norman list covers the Normans from 923-1040 AD. It is very unlikely that they had kite shields in the earlier part of this period, so if we had given them kite shields they would not have been correct for that period.

The Norman post-1040 AD list, when we add them, will indeed have kite shields.
Richard Bodley Scott

Adraeth

Post by Adraeth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Indeed this makes sense and I appreciate such historical research and learning from this game.
Thanks again

Return to “Field of Glory II”