Break tests question

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
General Shapur
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Break tests question

Post by General Shapur » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 am

Am I correct in assuming some armies have a better chance of passing break tests due to higher morale or unit cohesion. For example Romans have more staying power than Carthaginians, and would take more losses before disrupting or fragmenting.

If so - is this morale/cohesion or X-factor thats specific to the army displayed anywhere?

Or am I wrong - would the same units of the same quality both have the same chance of disruption regardless of the army or nationality they belong to?
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Break tests question

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:03 am

General Shapur wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 am
Am I correct in assuming some armies have a better chance of passing break tests due to higher morale or unit cohesion. For example Romans have more staying power than Carthaginians, and would take more losses before disrupting or fragmenting.

If so - is this morale/cohesion or X-factor thats specific to the army displayed anywhere?

Or am I wrong - would the same units of the same quality both have the same chance of disruption regardless of the army or nationality they belong to?
The same units of the same quality both have the same chance of disruption regardless of the army or nationality they belong to.

Roman staying power is reflected in the quality rating of their units.
Richard Bodley Scott

Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Break tests question

Post by Blastom1016 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:21 pm

General Shapur wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 am

For "some army",
the warbands didn't receive +1 on cohesion test, so an army of warbands may feel easilier to break;
the medium foots didn't receive +1 on cohesion test and suffer additional -1 on non-rough terrain against heavy, so an army of medium foots may feel even more easier to break, if no handling the terrain properly;
non-melee units suffer additional -1 against melee as well;
impact foot / lancer will give the opponent -1 on impact, so when using an impact foot / lancer army, you may feel the enemies are easier to break.

Return to “Field of Glory II”