suggestion : more RALLIED UNITS with events on the battlefield ?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Cunningcairn
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: suggestion : more RALLIED UNITS with events on the battlefield ?

Post by Cunningcairn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:22 pm

76mm wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:34 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:53 am
I certainly don't think the ability for troops to rally should be enhanced. Is there a historical precedent?
While I agree with you that units that have already broken should not be easier to rally, I do think that certain circumstances should allow units which are about to break to rally (actually regain cohesion) more easily. History is replete with instances of wavering troops suddenly inspired by some event to hold their ground, etc.

Hence my suggestion that if a fragmented/disrupted unit with negligible odds of success (1-5%) somehow wins anyway, they should instantly regain cohesion or at least receive a large cohesion bonus in the next rally phase. There has been a lot of talk on this forum about how often units break because of various random circumstances, but I think the argument also applies to units regaining cohesion...
Yes I like the sound of that. Makes sense.

General Shapur
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by General Shapur » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:45 am

I'm interested to know if there is actually any chance of major changes to rallied units ever happening. Is it simply too hard for the developers to approach this from a coding sense or is it a mandatory bit of the game play that is not really up for discussion. What happens in the design process to make a big change like this?
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too. M.A.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:33 am

It would be fairly easy to change if we decided to do it. We have not been convinced by the arguments so far.
Richard Bodley Scott

GBISSET
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GBISSET » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:15 am

Maybe it would be good to have a slider that gives a range of rally levels, and we can customize the game (at least for solo players)

Return to “Field of Glory II”