How about new DLCS?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
kvnrthr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: How about new DLCS?

Post by kvnrthr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:22 am

Hopefully we can see a time period with army lists that play very differently from current ones. I liked Wolves at the Gate, but the shield wall armies felt a lot like hoplite fighting, except everyone had lancer cavalry. The Byzantines felt fresher since they had the unique combination of mixed archer/spearmen with horse archer/lancers. Excited to see what medieval knights can bring to the table especially in a Crusades scenario, for example. I don't know if there might be necessary mechanics change for horse archers vs charging cavalry, since I can't imagine 12 AP knights ever doing anything useful against 16 AP horse archers in the current system. Unless there might be some interesting tactical combination with the Crusader infantry I haven't considered.

VenG
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: How about new DLCS?

Post by VenG » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:54 am

Crusaders and Byzantines used Turcopoles to counter horse archers and light cavalry. In the battle of Jaffa Richard I also used Genoese and Pisan crossbowmen to devastating effect against Salahadin's cavalry.
If supported, crossbowmen will decimate any cavalry. Probably they will make the Genoese/Pisan crossbowmen superior quality?

Return to “Field of Glory II”