TT Mod version 1.5.28 now available!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: TT Mod version 1.5.28 now available!

Post by Paul59 »

matlegob wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:08 am Hello,

seems there is a graphic bug with the "agrianian light javelinemen" in the macedonian 328-321 army list
What exactly is wrong with them? Can you provide a screenshot?

This is how they look on my PC;

I can't see anything wrong with them.

In a previous update I did change them to use the Greek Peltast model, and took away the shield, which was intentional. Is that what you are referring to?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

ok: the problem is on my own installation: sorry
rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rs2excelsior »

I have a question on some of the Greek lists. I was looking through armies for the Biblical section of the digital league and some of them have an inordinate amount of light javelinmen. Aetolian 550 BC is one I remember, I can look up which other ones I saw tomorrow. For 1600 points they had 10 of these by default and 62 additional available—more than they had points to field, even if they didn’t have any other required minimums (fielding all 72 would be 1728 points). Is it intentional for these armies to have so many javelin men?

EDIT: I just realized I may have an old version of the mod. I’ll check in the morning, and if so, see if this is still the case.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

rs2excelsior wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:24 am I have a question on some of the Greek lists. I was looking through armies for the Biblical section of the digital league and some of them have an inordinate amount of light javelinmen. Aetolian 550 BC is one I remember, I can look up which other ones I saw tomorrow. For 1600 points they had 10 of these by default and 62 additional available—more than they had points to field, even if they didn’t have any other required minimums (fielding all 72 would be 1728 points). Is it intentional for these armies to have so many javelin men?

EDIT: I just realized I may have an old version of the mod. I’ll check in the morning, and if so, see if this is still the case.
The TT Mod Greek armies with huge numbers of Light Infantry are the Aetolian, Akarnanian, Thessalian and Phokian. The Thessalian list also has it's own unique qualities, ie lots of cavalry, but it is not in the Biblical League time frame. These regions were mainly agricultural with very few towns, so the vast bulk of their military strength was lightly armed. All the TT Mod army lists are converted from the table top rules army list books, I actually increased the amount of hoplites they can recruit in the 1.5.3 update, they were even more LI focused before! So yes, they are historical lists, but not much fun to play with or against. If you want a more typical Greek hoplite army there are plenty to choose from.

As to the actual points amounts, remember that the TT Mod was not designed purely for tournament play. It has to work for all modes of play that the game offers, and you can use the Custom Battles and Campaign generators to have armies up to 2000 points. In fact an army list needs to have a total points value of at least 2000 (or is it 2500?) otherwise it won't work properly.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rs2excelsior

Post by rs2excelsior »

Okay, that makes sense! I thought the min/max of unit types scaled with point value, which is why I thought it might be a typo rather than an intended value. All good, and thanks for the work on an awesome mod!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I have updated the first post with some extra detail (and screenshots) on how to install the MP version of the mod.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

Hello Paul

I was doing some modding from your great mod for the fun (and for personal use). But I have been unable to guess the name and find the two texture files in UnitTextures folder for the "Raw Shieldwall (Defensive)" above :

Would you know it by chance ?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Athos1660 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:59 pm Hello Paul

I was doing some modding from your great mod for the fun (and for personal use). But I have been unable to guess the name and find the two texture files in UnitTextures folder for the "Raw Shieldwall (Defensive)" above :

Would you know it by chance ?
Hi Athos,

Those are the Saxon Poor Quality Fyrd. Their texture name is Saxon_Pr_Fyrd, and there are 4 different texture sets, so there is one in the main Unittexture folder and the others in the subfolders texture1 to texture3.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Paul59 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 pm Hi Athos,

Those are the Saxon Poor Quality Fyrd. Their texture name is Saxon_Pr_Fyrd (...)
Thank you very much for this answer !
Paul59 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 pm (...) there are 4 different texture sets, so there is one in the main Unittexture folder and the others in the subfolders texture1 to texture3.
Yet I have the feeling that, in game, I've only come across the first 2 texture sets (those visible on the pic above), never the sets #3 and 4.

Likewise I think that I've never seen the second texture set of Frank spear (with blue and green shields) saved in the texture1 folder, this one :
...and only come across the yellow, orange, red set.

I also created 2 sets. Only the one in the main Unittexture folder seems to appear in game.

Yet, each time, I did several tests (starting new games, adding/removing units).

Is it a false impression, a matter a probability, something written in the .s4f file or something that might appear if... ?

(Sorry for disturbing you with my questions. You might have more important things to do :-) )
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Athos1660 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm
Paul59 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 pm (...) there are 4 different texture sets, so there is one in the main Unittexture folder and the others in the subfolders texture1 to texture3.
Yet I have the feeling that, in game, I've only come across the first 2 texture sets (those visible on the pic above), never the sets #3 and 4.

Likewise I think that I've never seen the second texture set of Frank spear (with blue and green shields) saved in the texture1 folder, this one :
...and only come across the yellow, orange, red set.

I also created 2 sets. Only the one in the main Unittexture folder seems to appear in game.

Yet, each time, I did several tests (starting new games, adding/removing units).

Is it a false impression, a matter a probability, something written in the .s4f file or something that might appear if... ?

(Sorry for disturbing you with my questions. You might have more important things to do :-) )
You are experiencing the game's colour coding convention;

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 92&t=79817

In any battle there is a Side and a Side 1. In SP games the player is normally Side 0, and the AI is normally Side 1. In MP games one player is Side 0, and the other Side 1.

Side 0 is distinguished by "warm" unit colours and banners. These are mostly rich tones of red, orange, yellow etc. Side 1 has "cool" unit colours and banners. These are mostly blues, greens, greys etc.

So for any unit the first half of it's textures are in the warm colours, and the second half are cool.

The TT Mod normally follows this convention so you as the player will only see the warm textures in your army. To see the cool side textures you will have to have the same unit in your opponents army. For the Saxon Poor Quality Fyrd you will only have the main and texture1 folder textures in your army, texture2 and texture3 are reserved for the opposing army.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Where can I find information about the scope and focus of this mod, what it aims at, and what it adds to the vanilla game?
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:51 am Where can I find information about the scope and focus of this mod, what it aims at, and what it adds to the vanilla game?
Here is the original post:

viewtopic.php?f=477&t=81602&p=698067#p698067

Since when units and/or army list for all of the DLCs have been added.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

Paul59 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 pm (...)
Okay, I got it! Thank you so much for the info.
Now it works :-)
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:51 am Where can I find information about the scope and focus of this mod, what it aims at, and what it adds to the vanilla game?
I will add a full list of the old links to the first post.

thanks

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Swuul »

In recent Digital League matches with the spartan army in Biblical era I have been trashed to kingdom and back. That, of course, has been in no little part because I suck playing with the army, but I would like to claim also because the spartan army does not fulfill the historical image I had of it.

There are several legendary (ie, not written at the time) mentions of the spartan armies surprising their enemies through rough terrain. Such as many of the stories of the spartans at Thermopylae.

Wouldn't it be a logical conclusion that the "Spartial Hoplites" (*not* to be confused with the "Armoured Spartial Hoplites") be classified as Medium Foot? Elite troops who would have no problem to hold cohesion even in rough terrain, and who could attack enemies from directions not normally be possible for hoplites? IMO, this would allow the spartan armies to not only tackle enemies in rough terrain, but to actually give the not-armoured spartials a proper role in the Spartan army.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Swuul wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 pm In recent Digital League matches with the spartan army in Biblical era I have been trashed to kingdom and back. That, of course, has been in no little part because I suck playing with the army, but I would like to claim also because the spartan army does not fulfill the historical image I had of it.

There are several legendary (ie, not written at the time) mentions of the spartan armies surprising their enemies through rough terrain. Such as many of the stories of the spartans at Thermopylae.

Wouldn't it be a logical conclusion that the "Spartial Hoplites" (*not* to be confused with the "Armoured Spartial Hoplites") be classified as Medium Foot? Elite troops who would have no problem to hold cohesion even in rough terrain, and who could attack enemies from directions not normally be possible for hoplites? IMO, this would allow the spartan armies to not only tackle enemies in rough terrain, but to actually give the not-armoured spartials a proper role in the Spartan army.
Errm. No
Richard Bodley Scott

gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

is it possible to use this mod with field of glory empires?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

gaius21 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:04 pm is it possible to use this mod with field of glory empires?
You would need an Empires mod that has been set up to use TT Mod units. I did make a Global version of the TT mod, so that Empires modders could use it to create an Empires TT Mod, but I don't know if such a thing has been released yet, I haven't been visiting the Empires forum much lately.

Here is the link to the Global TT Mod, but without an Empires mod that has been designed to work with it, it is useless to you!

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p803003

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 62&t=93848

FOGII TT Mod Creator

gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

there was one such mod called "ode to europa barbarorum" but it hasent been updated since the game was released.

do you have any future plans to make one such mod for field of glory empires?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

gaius21 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:18 pm there was one such mod called "ode to europa barbarorum" but it hasent been updated since the game was released.

do you have any future plans to make one such mod for field of glory empires?
Sorry, I have no plans to do that.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”