? DLC activated

Poliorcetes
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

? DLC activated

Post by Poliorcetes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:32 am

How can you tell if the DLC is activated? I have both of them, but I was told to re-install the base game when I tried to set up the latest dlc. All 3 of my keys are registered here, I have done all the install downloads and run the programs. But nothing seems to change. I don't see any notice on the main view that I have updates active or DLC installed. I am fairly far into a new campaign (the nuke mission just showed up) and I haven't seen a single "new" ship. Not even anything from the Reinforcements dlc. It sure feels like the dlc didn't unlock, despite the installer claiming they did.

Poliorcetes

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: ? DLC activated

Post by zakblood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:56 am

as long as the version number shows up as the latest, you will then have the latest game, new content won't show up until a new game is started in the skirmish side of things, or a fresh new campaign, as far as i'm aware

Poliorcetes

Post by Poliorcetes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:54 am

So what version number am I looking for?
The implication is that there would be 4 versions (base game, base + dlc1, base + dlc2, base + dlc1+ dlc2).

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am

Version 1.0.35

Asap
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Asap » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:20 am

I had issuses installing the game and DLC's, as well (no new ships after my first try). You need to do it in the right order:
1. Install "Battlestar Galactica Deadlock" version 1.0.35
2. Then install the "Reinforcement Pack"
3. Finally you install "Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - The Broken Aliance"

Good Hunting :)
"The sun is new each day" Heraclitus

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 am

thanks for the correct install advice, as i must admit, i didn't know it

Asap

Post by Asap » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:27 pm

You are welcome, @zakblood :)

Poliorcetes

Post by Poliorcetes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Hmmm, I have the current version.

So I have to ask, are any of you guys actually part of the Support team?
Because I am not getting a real answer to my question. Which is how to tell if the DLC is correctly installed. Having the latest game version is required, but doesn't in itself prove the DLC is active. And the idea that the 2 DLC have to be opened in a specific pattern seems rather unlikely, as they are not linked content-wise. It would also mean you couldn't buy DLC2 without buying DLC1, which isn't mentioned in any of the store info.

I appreciate the attempts to be helpful.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:19 pm

no, so far no replies have been from staff support here, only helpers and other game players

i can't answer the question, so will pass you on to full staff support,

You'll have to contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk, and mention what issues your having and maybe link it here to the support thread, where as they will be able to give you a more correct and better answer to your question

Asap

Post by Asap » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 pm

The only way I noticed that something went wrong with the installation was, that there were zero new ships when I started a new campaign. So, of course, it would be nice to see which DLC is actually active and to have a hint, if needed, about how to correctly install everything. At my first try I installed "Battlestar Galactica Deadlock" version 1.0.35, then "The Broken Alliance" DLC and at the end the "Reinforcements Pack" and that didn't work.

hobbz1701
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by hobbz1701 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Asap wrote:I had issuses installing the game and DLC's, as well (no new ships after my first try). You need to do it in the right order:
1. Install "Battlestar Galactica Deadlock" version 1.0.35
2. Then install the "Reinforcement Pack"
3. Finally you install "Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - The Broken Aliance"

Good Hunting :)
Thanks, this did the trick. I had installed all at once because the installer gave that option. Once I went through each of the 3 individually, it worked. Now to see if these extra stories come up.

I noticed there was a problem when it wouldn't let me play a saved campaign from the Reinforcement Pack, the option was locked out

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 pm

If the DLC's are installed and activated, then they are shown in the top-right corner of the main menu.

Thanks

Asap

Post by Asap » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Shards wrote:If the DLC's are installed and activated, then they are shown in the top-right corner of the main menu.

Thanks
It's literally so inconspicuous, I never noticed it!
Thanks a lot! @Shards :)

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

agreed, it's only until it's pointed out, it appears, like by magic :mrgreen:

SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm still confused, and feel like the new Campaign I just started it worthless and I'll have to start it over again. I completely uninstalled Deadlock, rebooted, downloaded the 1.0.35 installer. During installer, I put in all 3 keys for base (original), reinforcement Pak, and then Broken Alliance Key. It showed all 3 keys were accepted and active. In main menu, on lower left it show 1.0.35 (4902) version running. I started a new Campaign, and as anticipated it showed the new Persistent Damage option, which I enabled, and I started on my way as I figured it was installed correctly. I also closely watched the installer and saw that the new ship model files were loaded into the game, and are present in the game directory.

I noticed immediately Beserk class was missing, but there was the new campaign readover by Sinon saying that was the only ship available, so I went with it. The new UIs, game play, persistent damage, fleet repair, fleet caps, etc are all there so I kept going. But I'm now up to Chapter 5 (Chemical Warfare), and I haven't seen any new ships, Colonial or Cylon. Beserk still missing, no Cerastes on Cylon, nothing else from campaign/ship perspective seems new.

I'm worried that something didnt take correctly, and I'm going to have to start over from scratch. Should I have seen something new by now?

SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 pm

SiegeRollout wrote:I'm still confused, and feel like the new Campaign I just started it worthless and I'll have to start it over again. I completely uninstalled Deadlock, rebooted, downloaded the 1.0.35 installer. During installer, I put in all 3 keys for base (original), reinforcement Pak, and then Broken Alliance Key. It showed all 3 keys were accepted and active. In main menu, on lower left it show 1.0.35 (4902) version running. I started a new Campaign, and as anticipated it showed the new Persistent Damage option, which I enabled, and I started on my way as I figured it was installed correctly. I also closely watched the installer and saw that the new ship model files were loaded into the game, and are present in the game directory.

I noticed immediately Beserk class was missing, but there was the new campaign readover by Sinon saying that was the only ship available, so I went with it. The new UIs, game play, persistent damage, fleet repair, fleet caps, etc are all there so I kept going. But I'm now up to Chapter 5 (Chemical Warfare), and I haven't seen any new ships, Colonial or Cylon. Beserk still missing, no Cerastes on Cylon, nothing else from campaign/ship perspective seems new.

I'm worried that something didnt take correctly, and I'm going to have to start over from scratch. Should I have seen something new by now?
Also just noticed that in Skirmish mode, none of the new ships introduced in Reinforcement Pak or Broken Alliance are available, even though those ship models were installed in the game directory

Poliorcetes

Post by Poliorcetes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 pm

So the answer is (as already posted), look to top right corner of main menu to see what DLC is active in your game. My DLC is not installing so I am still working with tech support to figure out why not (even though I am getting the "its installed" message from the program).

SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44 pm

Poliorcetes wrote:So the answer is (as already posted), look to top right corner of main menu to see what DLC is active in your game. My DLC is not installing so I am still working with tech support to figure out why not (even though I am getting the "its installed" message from the program).
There is no nothing at all in the upper right hand corner of my main menu. I re-installed Reinforcement Pak + Broken Alliance, and still nothing there. Only the version 1.0.35 (4902) in the lower left. That said, I did play all the way through several times earlier in the year with the Reinforcement Pak, and saw all the new ships (e.g. Cerastes) in game play, and I dont recall ever seeing anything that said "Reinforcement Pak" in the upper right corner of main menu.

What specific text should I be looking for?

SiegeRollout
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SiegeRollout » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 pm

This is all I see
Attachments
bsg_mainmenu.jpg
bsg_mainmenu.jpg (635.78 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Poliorcetes

Post by Poliorcetes » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 am

I got an email today saying they have found the problem and should have a patch out tomorrow for the installer program issue.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Tech Support”