MP same turn uploaded a second time after my opponent played his/her turn

LuciusSulla
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

MP same turn uploaded a second time after my opponent played his/her turn

Post by LuciusSulla » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm

In one DL game that I am playing against IMC.

I think I encountered some kind of turn resolution bug due to a network hiccup.
I alt-tabed out of the game after clicking the end turn button and it started to upload my turn.

Then about 30 mins afters, I received the email notification that my opponent played his/her turn and it should be my turn again. When I alt-tabed back to the game, I found the turn upload timer was showing 30+ mins, and it then immediately finished and took me back to the lobby. In the lobby, I found the game went back to the "enemy turn" list and "my turn" list was still empty.

I just contacted my opponent and still waiting for response to know what it looks like at his/her end.

I guess what happened was my turn successfully uploaded when I first clicked end turn, but somehow the server failed to inform my computer that it received the turn so the upload timer went on. After my opponent played his turn, the game went back to my side. However, as I reopened the game application, it told the server that I was uploading the turn I already played and the server accepted the turn after confirming it is indeed my turn to play the game.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: MP same turn uploaded a second time after my opponent played his/her turn

Post by zakblood » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”