Server problems

deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Server problems

Post by deeter »

For the last few days I have gotten Server error 6 messages at around 1 p.m. PST. Usually not a big problem as just quitting multiplayer fixes that. However, I have had to redo my moves a few times before they will upload. As this is probably the middle of the night in the UK, is it related to server maintenance? Doubt it's on my end as everything else is good.

Deeter
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Server problems

Post by rbodleyscott »

I will enquire.
Richard Bodley Scott

deeter

Post by deeter »

Thank you.

Deeter
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

I have the same problem fairly regularly as well. It particularly pops up if I have left my game running and connected to the server overnight. I don't seem to have a similar problem with Medieval, though both games are running under the same circumstances. I've simply gotten into the habit of logging off and then back in to the server and that seems to deal with the issue and avoid the having to redo turns.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Karvon wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:15 am I have the same problem fairly regularly as well. It particularly pops up if I have left my game running and connected to the server overnight. I don't seem to have a similar problem with Medieval, though both games are running under the same circumstances. I've simply gotten into the habit of logging off and then back in to the server and that seems to deal with the issue and avoid the having to redo turns.
That seems sensible. I don't think it was ever intended for the game to be left connected to the PBEM server for very long periods of time like that. Have you got email notifications turned on? If so, you may as well log out at the end of a session.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”