E-mail Messages from Multi Player Games

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: E-mail Messages from Multi Player Games

Post by rbodleyscott »

Holien wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 am This has hopefully just been fixed. Please could you report whether you are getting notifications going forward from now.
OK will do, awaiting a turn from an oppo so hopefully this will work when they send me it...

Thanks
I had notifications for the last turn and "Challenge ended" for the Medieval tournament, but I no longer have any games on the go, so need your reports to confirm whether the fix has worked for everyone.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 am
Holien wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 am This has hopefully just been fixed. Please could you report whether you are getting notifications going forward from now.
OK will do, awaiting a turn from an oppo so hopefully this will work when they send me it...

Thanks
I had notifications for the last turn and "Challenge ended" for the Medieval tournament, but I no longer have any games on the go, so need your reports to confirm whether the fix has worked for everyone.
OK so interestingly I just had two e-mails saying I had turns waiting, so eagerly went and checked again and NOPE no turns...

So went back to the e-mails and it looks like the server is firing off old messages that might have been que'd

The date of the messages was from the 1st of May at 23:00 hour

I will let you know when I get a proper message through... But the signs are better even if message is nearly a week old...

:roll:
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

I too started receiving notifications this morning.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Great. Sorry for the previous inconvenience.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm Great. Sorry for the previous inconvenience.
I can confirm I have now had two e-mails saying I have turns waiting so success.

Not your problem to say sorry for unless you own and run the tech support team?

:wink:

But never the less a big thank you for engaging with your gaming addicts who are eager for notification that their fix has arrived...

Cheers

H
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Holien wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:37 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm Great. Sorry for the previous inconvenience.
I can confirm I have now had two e-mails saying I have turns waiting so success.

Not your problem to say sorry for unless you own and run the tech support team?
I do not, but it seems only polite to apologise on behalf of the team, as they are not personally on the forum.
Richard Bodley Scott

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

I have a new problem now that when I received the notification emails but then found the turns are still in the opponent's tray.

PS. It's the medival game, not the ancients, but as I found the similar problem post here so I follow this one.
Meditans ex luce mundi
Holien

Post by Holien »

melm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 am I have a new problem now that when I received the notification emails but then found the turns are still in the opponent's tray.

PS. It's the medival game, not the ancients, but as I found the similar problem post here so I follow this one.
Hi just check the date of those e-mails as the server is spewing forth all the old e-mails, you might have checked already, but that did cause me some confusion until I checked the dates of the e-mails.

Obviously there might be another problem, but a thing to check?
melm

Post by melm »

Holien wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 am
melm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 am I have a new problem now that when I received the notification emails but then found the turns are still in the opponent's tray.

Hi just check the date of those e-mails as the server is spewing forth all the old e-mails, you might have checked already, but that did cause me some confusion until I checked the dates of the e-mails.

Thanks of the suggestion. I checked that the date and time of email reception is up-to-date. There's no other indication of date and time in the email letter.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:23 am
Holien wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 am

Thanks of the suggestion. I checked that the date and time of email reception is up-to-date. There's no other indication of date and time in the email letter.
They probably are all the missing ones from when the server wasn't sending them out. I have a whole heap of them, all dated yesterday, but which are in fact almost certainly all the ones that weren't sent before. As you say, there is no way of knowing for sure.

Hopefully they will peter out soon, and only new ones will come.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”