E-mail Messages from Multi Player Games

Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

E-mail Messages from Multi Player Games

Post by Holien »

Hi I am getting e-mail notifications from forum threads, the tourney general e-mails but NOT from any turns arriving in the Multi-Player side of the game.

The only thing I can think of that my Logon for Multiplayer is Holien and the Logon for here is my e-mail address.

Not sure how I can sync those two to ensure that is not the issue.

I did some Google Fuu last night and saw that you need to check your Slitherine Control Panel AKA "My Page" and have been through those settings...

------ Some time later ------

OK by typing this I triple checking I discovered I have two ID's on the web site. I think something amiss when the merge happened long time ago...

OK hopefully sorted as noted on my Holien ID I think the e-mail was unsubscribed...

Still posting this for others to check that their My Page has been set up properly...

My Subscriptions is the place to check...

------ Some time later -----

Hmm they actually look like the same either logon as Holien or using my e-mail they hit same page?

Should the My Subscriptions Page show Green buttons that you are subscribed or red?
Unsubscribed.JPG
Unsubscribed.JPG (69.16 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: E-mail Messages from Multi Player Games

Post by rbodleyscott »

Red, as you have it.

1) Check your Spam folder.
2) Are the emails perhaps being sent to an old email address attached to the older version of your account?

If the latter, and you can't update the details on the web page, please email support@slitherine.co.uk who should be able to sort it out.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am Red, as you have it.

1) Check your Spam folder.
2) Are the emails perhaps being sent to an old email address attached to the older version of your account?

If the latter, and you can't update the details on the web page, please email support@slitherine.co.uk who should be able to sort it out.
Thanks RBS

Yep Spam Folder Checked on regular basis and the Torunet e-mail was there.

All old e-mail addresses are still in use and checked / have been checked.

I will e-mail support.

I would also suggest to support team / devs that they might want to tweak that web page to remove user doubt as it is not obvious if you are subscribed or not.

The common use of Green would show that something is active. So a tweak would be to use Green and the word "Subscribed"

Then Red and the word "Unsubscribed"I.e. it has been stopped.

That way folk can see you toogle between being Subscribed and Unsubscribed. My confusion was it active...

Just my 2p on interface design...

;)
Ray552
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Ray552 »

Similar issue here, but no emails at all, whether from MP lobby or tournament.

Settings checked, all are red as with Holien's screenshot above, no email address changes, etc.

This started last evening (Central US daylight time), so maybe around late night/early morning GMT.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

ray552 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:55 pm Similar issue here, but no emails at all, whether from MP lobby or tournament.

Settings checked, all are red as with Holien's screenshot above, no email address changes, etc.

This started last evening (Central US daylight time), so maybe around late night/early morning GMT.
Same here, so probably the email server is down. I will notify those in charge.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 am
ray552 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:55 pm Similar issue here, but no emails at all, whether from MP lobby or tournament.

Same here, so probably the email server is down. I will notify those in charge.
Hi any news on this is the e-mail notification now working for you?

I have had no response from Support (yet) since sending e-mail on the 1st May, but obviously we have had a weekend and bank holiday if they are UK based and only working office hours?

Just useful to know if it is a server issue or if folk are getting e-mail notifications?

Many Thanks

H
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

I am still not getting any e-mail notifications.
Holien

Post by Holien »

Thanks I feel better that it is not just me...

:)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I am still not getting them either. Awaiting response from those in charge of the server. They are not in UK, and it is possible they have different public holdiays.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:03 am I am still not getting them either. Awaiting response from those in charge of the server. They are not in UK, and it is possible they have different public holdiays.
Thanks Richard, that is being very polite for the support team, it is possible...

:wink:

I have not even had an automated e-mail from the support team that we have had your e-mail and we value your custom and will be in touch, or these are our operating hours and usual response times...

An automated message is a simple thing to set up and it must be frustrating as the designer to not see even these simple things done as they are outside of your control.

(Not a criticism of you BTW I know how organisations work and how to set them up... )
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Holien wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 amI have not even had an automated e-mail from the support team
Normally you would, which suggests that those automated emails use the same server, which is presumably down.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Apparently the server that sends the PBEM notifications was down over the weekend but should be up now.

If you are signed up for email notifications, and have games where your opponent has taken a turn today (or after today), and you have not received an email after 30 mins, please could you let me know the name of your opponent so that we can investigate further.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:16 pm Apparently the server that sends the PBEM notifications was down over the weekend but should be up now.

If you are signed up for email notifications, and have games where your opponent has taken a turn today (or after today), and you have not received an email after 30 mins, please could you let me know the name of your opponent so that we can investigate further.
OK will do, I have just played an e-mail turn that I did not have a notification for and my oppo would have sent it some time after 8:45am(ish) UK time as that was the last time I checked.

I have just sent my turns back and I will see if I get anything sent to me when he returns the files.

Just FYI - I have been getting these e-mails to note that you have responded to my posting.

Also FYI I have still not had a response from my e-mail sent to support on Saturday, but maybe they think responding through you is OK? :roll:

Of course I am very grateful that you are responding so thank you.... :)
Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:16 pm If you are signed up for email notifications, and have games where your opponent has taken a turn today (or after today), and you have not received an email after 30 mins, please could you let me know the name of your opponent so that we can investigate further.
maroczanicchi sent two files one at 15:49 and one at 15:45

UK time now 17:24

So over 30 minutes ago nothing received. I will do turns as I have been leaving them sat in folder for 30 minutes to see if I get a notification?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Holien wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:26 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:16 pm If you are signed up for email notifications, and have games where your opponent has taken a turn today (or after today), and you have not received an email after 30 mins, please could you let me know the name of your opponent so that we can investigate further.
maroczanicchi sent two files one at 15:49 and one at 15:45

UK time now 17:24

So over 30 minutes ago nothing received. I will do turns as I have been leaving them sat in folder for 30 minutes to see if I get a notification?
Thanks for the data, it should be helpful.

You don't need to leave them in the folder while you wait. I am fairly sure that playing the turn would not prevent the emails from being sent.
Richard Bodley Scott

Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

I still haven't received any e-mail notifications, even though my opponents completed a number of turns throughout the day.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Delbruck wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am I still haven't received any e-mail notifications, even though my opponents completed a number of turns throughout the day.
Me neither. It is being investigated.

Please can you tell me the names of these opponents to give them more information to check?
Richard Bodley Scott

Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 am
Delbruck wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am I still haven't received any e-mail notifications, even though my opponents completed a number of turns throughout the day.
Me neither. It is being investigated.

Please can you tell me the names of these opponents to give them more information to check?
Spacemonkey76 & RLed in medieval, and
random27 in Rome against the world.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

This has hopefully just been fixed. Please could you report whether you are getting notifications going forward from now.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien

Post by Holien »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 am This has hopefully just been fixed. Please could you report whether you are getting notifications going forward from now.
OK will do, awaiting a turn from an oppo so hopefully this will work when they send me it...

Thanks

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”