FOG2medieval tournament battle bug !

dim30
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

FOG2medieval tournament battle bug !

Post by dim30 »

Hello.
Strange thing about one of my game with SjaakAfhaak in reconquista tournament. One of the game (not beginned) have disapeared of "my turn" and appear in finished game. The strange part begin now ! when I open the "finished" game it have been substituted by another game that I have played with Shane30 (a practice game where he had capitulated)

How can we do ?
I don"t know what see SjaakAfhaad.

Please help us .

Thank by advance.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: FOG2medieval tournament battle bug !

Post by rbodleyscott »

Are you referring to the Round 5 game that has been scored 19:38 in favour of SjaakAfhaad?

Clearly some bug has occurred, as that game should not have finished with that score.

Does that score roughly agree with what you remember of the tournament game?

There almost certainly isn't anything we can do now to make it possible for you to continue the game, but we do need to find the bug for future tournaments. We may also be able to adjust the scores - possibly give you both the BYE score of 75.

Also, it is helpful if you post Medieval tech support issues on the Medieval tech support forum, rather than on the Ancient one. This is because the Ancient and Medieval PBEM systems work differently, and in this case we need to look for the bug in the Medieval PBEM code, rather than the Ancients code, because they work differently.
Richard Bodley Scott

dim30

Post by dim30 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm Are you referring to the Round 5 game that has been scored 19:38 in favour of SjaakAfhaad?

Clearly some bug has occurred, as that game should not have finished with that score.

Does that score roughly agree with what you remember of the tournament game?

There almost certainly isn't anything we can do now to make it possible for you to continue the game, but we do need to find the bug for future tournaments. We may also be able to adjust the scores - possibly give you both the BYE score of 75.

Also, it is helpful if you post Medieval tech support issues on the Medieval tech support forum, rather than on the Ancient one. This is because the Ancient and Medieval PBEM systems work differently, and in this case we need to look for the bug in the Medieval PBEM code, rather than the Ancients code, because they work differently.
Yes, this is this game but this score have been done on another battle with Shane30 (he have capitulated because it was a practice game). When I replay the last turn it's the game with Shane30 who appear. In all case he game with SjaakAfhaad haven't yet begun. No problem about the tournament but as you say it could help tech staff.
I cut and paste all this discussion on FOG2medieval forum.
Thank for your quick answer RBS.
Badger73

Post by Badger73 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm Also, it is helpful if you post Medieval tech support issues on the Medieval tech support forum, rather than on the Ancient one. This is because the Ancient and Medieval PBEM systems work differently, and in this case we need to look for the bug in the Medieval PBEM code, rather than the Ancients code, because they work differently.
I don''t a separate Slitherine forum for FOG2 Medieval Tech Support. Where might I find it?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Badger73 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:52 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm Also, it is helpful if you post Medieval tech support issues on the Medieval tech support forum, rather than on the Ancient one. This is because the Ancient and Medieval PBEM systems work differently, and in this case we need to look for the bug in the Medieval PBEM code, rather than the Ancients code, because they work differently.
I don''t a separate Slitherine forum for FOG2 Medieval Tech Support. Where might I find it?
viewforum.php?f=634
Richard Bodley Scott

Badger73

Post by Badger73 »

Got it. Thank you.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”