Ballista Cannot be selected or used

GraftMalt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Ballista Cannot be selected or used

Post by GraftMalt »

Hi Tech Support,

In my current multiplayer match the Ballista after turning it by 45 degree cannot be selected any longer. Also hovering over it does not show anything. It is my match vs. hoel as part of the East vs. West Tournament (I guess you have access to the save?). Especially annoying as I could have shot at an elephant if not for that. I think that is my first bug I experience :) so otherwise good work so far :D
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Ballista Cannot be selected or used

Post by rbodleyscott »

A ballista (heavy or light) cannot turn 45 degrees and shoot in the same turn. The turn counts as a move.

After turning 45 degrees, if it is a heavy ballista, you should be able to select it, but not do anything else with it in the turn. Hovering over it won't show anything, but hovering over a potential target should show "Can't shoot when moved".

After turning 45 degrees, if it is a light ballista, you should be able to move it one square forward, but not shoot. Hovering over it won't show anything, but hovering over a potential target should show "Can't shoot when moved".
(I guess you have access to the save?)
No, we can't access MP saves to see the situation, unfortunately. A screenshot would be helpful if this sort of thing happens again.
Richard Bodley Scott

GraftMalt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GraftMalt »

Thanks for the reply - I will do a screenshot but not sure how I can show the issue. The problem is that I cannot even select the Ballista at all (several turns after I turned it) - like it is not on the map. Even hovering over it with the mouse does not show anything.

Well thanks to my opponents attack I found the ballista. As you can see: The Ballista is one field ahead and the Riders are fighting it - it somehow must have teleported there while it still shows on the field were it was originally.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Very odd.

Thanks for the report. Have you installed the v1.5.40 update?

Did the strangeness correspond to the release (or installation) of the update? If so, this is not so much a bug but one of the inevitable anomalies that can happen when the scripts don't match - which they won't on the turn after an update.
Richard Bodley Scott

GraftMalt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GraftMalt »

That can be - I have automatic update via Steam and it shows update on the 13th of January. I did not try to use my ballista 2-3 turns as the opponent was clearly out of range. Just recently some elephants pursued into range - thats when the issue was recognized.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

It seems that this is related to a particular glitch with Heavy Artillery in on-going games started before the update.

viewtopic.php?f=488&t=108166&p=957293#p957293
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”