Trying to move Heavy Artillery froze MP game

BobGanoush
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Trying to move Heavy Artillery froze MP game

Post by BobGanoush »

I attempted to move a heavy artillery unit and the unit did not move and now I am unable to select any units or even end the turn in an MP game. Is there any solution to this or is an update related glitch and the match is unsalvageable? Thank you!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to move Heavy Artillery froze MP game

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Is this behavior repeatable?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
BobGanoush

Post by BobGanoush »

It was moving out of an enclosure square for further info, I have tested it in SP with no freezing problem, will try to recreate in an MP game and let you know.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

If you started the game before the update, it is probably due to the changes in the Heavy Artillery rules in the update. As indicated in the patch notes, the new heavy artillery movement rules won't work for games started before the update.

However, we had not anticipated that the effects would be so dire, otherwise we would have warned of it in the patch notes. (We couldn't have prevented it altogether).

Sorry your game has been affected, but, although we try to avoid the major tournaments, for the game to evolve and improve, we have to release the update at some point, and there will always be some games on the go whatever date we pick.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I can confirm that this is definitely due to the update affecting games started with the previous version of the game. The glitch does not affect games started with the updated version.

I set up an SP battle with the previous release version (1.5.35/1.5.36), saved it, and then loaded it into the new version (1.5.40). When I tried to move the heavy artillery I got exactly the same effect as the original poster - they didn't move and I could not select any other units afterwards.

Moreover, although the heavy artillery model doesn't move, the game thinks it has - if you mouse over the artillery model the tooltip shows nothing, but if you mouse over the square it was supposed to move to, the tooltip shows it there. This is therefore the same issue that was reported here: viewtopic.php?f=488&t=108142

So apologies to all whose ongoing games included Heavy Artillery when the patch hit.

I still haven't figured out exactly why this particular glitch occurs, but I have tested heavy artillery again in the exact same situation in a game started with v1.5.40, and they work correctly (as of course they did in the Open Beta).
Richard Bodley Scott

BobGanoush

Post by BobGanoush »

I understand continuing to support this excellent game might cause some update hiccups, and I did test in another MP game moving out of an enclosure with HArt and it worked so that answers that, it was not repeatable. Thank you!

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”